Wyoming White (WW)

Zumaboy

Aa2a.jpg

Several year ago, when Ibluewater started doing business with C-Quest, I had the distinct pleasure of getting to know its founder, the late Bill Addison. A significant amount of Joy Wilkerson's research and work on her Clownfish book was derived from information received through Bill's generosity in giving her full access to his breeding facility.

Bill and I had many conversations about the Wyoming White (WW) and how difficult it was to successfully breed them in any numbers. His experience was that every clutch of eggs produced less than 5% Wyoming Whites.

With some Clownfish, such as Latezonatus, over production made a once rare Clownfish more common.

Due to the difficulty and random results of spawning designer Clownfish like the WW, these will likely remain rare in the foreseeable future.

My friends at iBluewater were fortunate to have acquired several WWs from C-Quest just before they shut down operations in Puerto Rico. In hindsight, I believe iBluewater would have acquired any remaining WWs available to them.

Since C-Quest closed operations, I try to note practically every person or hatchery that had one or more pairs of WW. Rumors would occasionally surface that yet another attempt was made to spawn WWs. None seem to succeed.

Bob at iBluewater mentioned Sea and Reef Aquaculture and the excellent work they do. With their success spawning other species of Clownfish, he was very confident that they would be first to spawn the WW again. They are.

Congratulations Soren and team! Sea & Reef has successfully spawned the Wyoming White.

Clownfish and Rare Clownfish are my favorite fish.