Marine Life Park at Resorts World Sentosa (RWS)

moscowites

went there on the 18th of feb...its nice but i believe there should be more additions and improvements...if ur looking to see exotic corals then dont put ur expactations high not much variety...and the tank still not mature yet...can see some cyano and algae here and there

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Hey guys, during the tour. I saw divers inside 1 of the "real" reef tank waving "bye bye" to the corals. I suppose they r sweeping those waste away.. Seems to me nt much wave within as well, nt sure any commercial wavemaker being used anot? Really needs lots of manpower 2 maintain. Tats why costly I tink, juz my simple tot..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Sentosa has expanded considerably since my last visit and I'm confused where I can see this Leafy Sea Dragon, is it displayed at this SEA Aquarium or at another location?

Heyhey.

The leafy sea dragon can be seen at the Underwater world AND S.E.A Aquarium. The ones at the Underwater world will be bigger in size while the ones at S.E.A Aquarium are much smaller since they are only in for around 1 or 2 months?

• 2 weeks later...

CONS:

*Corals are fake, and obviously so

*Only time I have seen a dead fish in a large public aquarium (large regal blue tang)

*Sloppy maintenance - someone else mentioned cyano and hair algae

*Small and uninnovative design

*Expensive admission

*Weak public education aspect

*No rare or unique specimens

*Misleading advertising as world's "largest oceanarium," implying "largest public aquarium." There are different definitions. Just depends on what's most important - a beautiful, interesting tank with educational/entertainment value or its sheer volume and anti-climactic "wow" factor.

-Largest number of specimens is Georgia Aquarium:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Aquarium

-The MLP ocean tank lacks corals. Dubai Mall packs them in:

http://www.touropia.com/explore/united-arab-emirates/dubai_mall_aquarium/

-At least the National Aquarium in Washington D.C. attempts to recreate a coral habitat:

http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2013/07/30/national-aquarium-unveils-worlds-largest-reproduction-of-indo-pacific-coral-reef/

PROS:

*Oceanarium is show-stopper with its manta rays

*Maritime history exhibit besides the cheesy theater shows

Quality needs to be stressed over quantity. As a private, for-profit organization, the SEA Aquarium comes off as a rushed product, sloppy, lacking in public education, and poor maintenance standards. There is huge volume of water but it would be relatively easy to create a big tank, fill it with water and big animals, then run around and exclaim you have the world's biggest aquarium. Non-profit public aquarium that focuses on conservation, research, and education. The difference is clear. A subjective argument can be made for "world's largest, quality research aquarium" vs. "for-profit, rushed, algae-ridden, poor animal health, largest volumage of liquid aquarium." If someone told me they saw dead fish and bad algae run amok, I would have steered clear of this place. Not recommended for any visitors. Go to Underwater World instead.

• SRC Member

The last time I visited about 1-2 months ago, the dolphin tank was full of algae. So disgusting. Initially I thought they would display many corals and already planning to buy annual pass. But after visiting, there is so less variety of corals. Selved my plan. I enjoy the corals in Melaka shopping malls more (although most LPS but they are magnificent). Got sea turtle some more and can touch the puffer fish. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well said guys.. Please avoid that place.. singapore is becoming a country not belonging to us anymore.. When there with my family.. Queue for 3 hrs inside and outside then spend 15 mins speeding thru the place because so many tourist pushing and pushing.. Spend another 5 min scolding one HK guy.. Because I was pushing my baby pram and hit his leg twice because of the crowd and also the darkness.. He turn over and shout at me I apologise.. He continue speaking in canto.. Then I cannot take it pass my baby to my wife and spend 5 min F him in hokien.. Totally spoil my entire week

• 1 month later...

We went there on weekday afternoon to avoid the crowd, purchased the tickets online so basically no waiting time. We spent 6 hours there thoroughly enjoyed the visit, maybe need to choose the right day and right time to go.

Hope it helps.