Clean-up crew to deter algae

Bro, where you got the goby?

Got it from Ah Beng at Pasir Ris Farm. My hector's goby is eating algae off the rocks. But because the fish is pretty small, I guess it may not be of much help. And my hector will fight with my rainford which is very similar in appearance. Therefore, I think the hector will fight their own kind so keeping more than one to eat up some algae may not be feasible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

for my 3 ft tank i think those purple turban shape snails does a lot of work on my glass walls. the long mouth snails seems pretty slow n useless. i got an abalone its also working hard but really slow n it will alone appear once in awhile. the best one dat sifts my sand bed is the greyish black striped starfish. better than the red or snake looking type

• SRC Member

i have 2 asterae snails in my 34L tank and its been cleaning up brown algae in my tank very well.. one even got to the extend of climbing on to the output flow of my hang on filter and eat all the brown algae there within 2 days.. at first i was still worried why it decided to climb so high up.. :D

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...