Polylab product

mengyang_neo

• SRC Member

How would you say the Polyplab series compares to using Biopellets and Rowaphos in reactors? Would I be able to go without the reactors at all if I just dose Polyplab series from day 1 of tank setup and overskim the tank?

• SRC Member

How would you say the Polyplab series compares to using Biopellets and Rowaphos in reactors? Would I be able to go without the reactors at all if I just dose Polyplab series from day 1 of tank setup and overskim the tank?

from what my understanding, dosing of polylab products you don't need biopallet. bio pallet is slowly release of organic food from these plastics promotes the development of bacteria that assimilate nitrate and phosphate. These bacteria can be harvested by protein skimmers, so that the nitrate and phosphate levels are naturally reduced. The bacteria are also a food source for filter-feeding invertebrates such as corals, clams, sponges, and feather dusters. and poly lab products are food source of bacteria and concentrated acid. seniors who's using it too pls correct me if im wrong. currently im using it with rowaphos and to be honest before i use this product my corals are so called unhealthy. after dosing this for weeks i see colours are improving up.

From my experience, NO3 and PO4 went up gradually since I started reef resh, and unplugged bio pellet and rowa. I realized I may have underdosed on the safe side initially, so that may be a reason. A relatively high bio load and perhaps less than optimal skimming may also lead to this. I now run rowa concurrently with an overdose of genesis and fuel (while following the recommended dosage for acid and plus) and manage to keep NO3 and PO4 at around 0.25ppm and 0.03ppm respectively (and going down it seems). In a nutshell, I think the recommended dosing instructions can serve as a good guideline, but one can adjust accordingly depending on your tank - every tank is different, so having the same dosage for each tank may not be realistic. I may increase the dosage of plus if I feel that the SPSes are starting to pale.

Specs

Return pump: 2 x Eheim 1260 (with 1 pumped to chiller before returning to main)
Chiller: Hailea HC-500A (1/2 hp)
Skimmer: Deltec SC2060
Lightings: 8 x 24W ATI Sunpower T5 fixture
Wavemakers: Vortech MP40, MP10, Tunze nanostream 6045
Additives: TLF C-balance (2 parts Ca and Alk) via Kamoer 3 channel dosing pump; Polyp-lab Reef Resh; FM color elements

From my experience, NO3 and PO4 went up gradually since I started reef resh, and unplugged bio pellet and rowa. I realized I may have underdosed on the safe side initially, so that may be a reason. A relatively high bio load and perhaps less than optimal skimming may also lead to this. I now run rowa concurrently with an overdose of genesis and fuel (while following the recommended dosage for acid and plus) and manage to keep NO3 and PO4 at around 0.25ppm and 0.03ppm respectively (and going down it seems). In a nutshell, I think the recommended dosing instructions can serve as a good guideline, but one can adjust accordingly depending on your tank - every tank is different, so having the same dosage for each tank may not be realistic. I may increase the dosage of plus if I feel that the SPSes are starting to pale.

Yup what jquek said is very true. Polylab is a pro system so recommended dosing instructions can serve as a good guideline so since every tank is different, one will have to observe the coral and tune the dosing slightly to suit the parameter of individual tank.

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

Can I use Polylab without a skimmer?

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

Can I use Polylab without a skimmer?

Nope, polylab will need a strong skimmer to skim out all the waste, so a strong skimmer is recommented.

• Like 1

Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)

• SRC Member

Hi bro, i still have some biopellets to finish off. Juz wanted to ask whether i can still continue using biopellets while using polylab at the same time till my biopellets are all used up? Will this biopellets affects the results in any way? Example slower results, color of SPS is not the best that this polylab can bring out.... Etc. Thanks in advance.<br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

• SRC Member

Hi bro, i still have some biopellets to finish off. Juz wanted to ask whether i can still continue using biopellets while using polylab at the same time till my biopellets are all used up? Will this biopellets affects the results in any way? Example slower results, color of SPS is not the best that this polylab can bring out.... Etc. Thanks in advance.<br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

haha why not use bio pallet finish then use polylab? lol

Hmmm I think u can continue to use the bio pellet and use polylab plus and acid. Once u finished the bio pellet then u can start to use fuel and genesis. Bio pellet and fuel and genesis should serve the same purpose but fuel and genesis will have more control.

Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es

• SRC Member

Thks bro mengyang for your advise. Already started to see color improvements already, together with fauna marine color elements.<br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

Today mark my first day of switching from zeovit to polyplab. I m dosing genesis and fuel in the morning, 4 drops genesis and 2ml fuel (abt 550l water volume). Night 4 drops acid and plus..

• SRC Member

Interesting. Pls share with us the result after u switch over from zeovit to polylab.<br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

reduce polyplab medic to recommended dosage since left extremely few ich on my AT. Will continue to dose up to a month with 20% water change weekly.

As for polyplab reef-resh, i noticed good polyps extension on my corals after i dose Plus and Acid. I didnt wait until light totally go off because my photoperiod is from 2pm to 12am (peak photoperiod around 5hrs). Sometimes need to go to bed earlier so i just dose around 1030-1100pm (dim royal blue).

Aside to this, skimmer is also producing thicker skimmate compare to zeovit (maybe because I didnt use zeo rx so not a fair comparison)

Will provide more info as i continue with polyplab. So far very promising.

I am from Malaysia so I got it from ReefAltech.

Update: Noticeable brown on my rocks (my rocks are very clean after using zeovit for several months). I think this is due to new introduction of new bacteria strain. No cyno, brown film or algae growth besides brownish look. Lets see what happen after few more days.

As for Polyplab Medic, I am very pleased with the overall result. Pretty panic when ich started to creep on my AT but now left less than 5 :) I can't be 100% certain whether Medic help but ich continue to increase before dose. Good to give it a try if you have ich issue.

• Like 1

For Polylab Medic, I think marinelife should have stock, not sure about iwarna.

Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es

If I want to reduce nitrate but don't want to use bio pellets. Are polylab series a good replacement?

<br /><br />I did just that. Manage to get NO3 to 0 (or close to that) according to DD test kit.

Specs

Additives: TLF C-balance (2 parts Ca and Alk) via Kamoer 3 channel dosing pump; Polyp-lab Reef Resh; FM color elements

• SRC Member

<br /><br />I did just that. Manage to get NO3 to 0 (or close to that) according to DD test kit.

which polyplab you used? or u used the whole series?

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

• SRC Member

i've been reading up and understand that fuel and genesis are for nutrients reduction (No3/po4) and plus and acid are for coral food. im currently already running rowaphos.. would be interested to know the price of all 4 bottles so i can calculate if its cheaper to get another reactor + biopellets or simply just doing polylab series.. any one can pm me the price?

Thanks!

edit : found out the price already.

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

<br />which polyplab you used? or u used the whole series?
<br /><br />Using genesis, fuel, acid and plus.

Specs