Clove polyps looking sick?

Firestarter

• SRC Member

I bought a rock of clove polyps 3 days ago. It was not opened when I bought it at the LFS.

Until today it remains closed. Frankly speaking I'm not even sure if its clove polyps. Also, the stalks are already pointing in that awkward state. Will the stalks readjust themselves when the cloves are open towards the light?

There are some small polyps which I presume are white star polyps. The questions I am asking are:

1. Are my cloves dying from the looks of the pic?

2. How long do I have to wait for the cloves to open? Is there a time period that I have to wait? Will they die if it does not open for X number of days?

3. Will the stalks readjust themselves?

From my experience, any newly bought star polyps always open within 1 day in the tank. I've never had to wait that long before... Can't stop feeling worried.

post-13947-0-18880200-1350626155_thumb.j

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member

I would say give it a few more days to adjust. Mine didn't open so fast too

2 Feet Tank: (Decom Feb 2015)
-Lightings : Pharos LED light 90W with wireless controller
-Chiller : Arctica 1/10HP with H2Ocean Flow Pump 2000

-Wavemaker : Vortech MP10ES
-Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC 3.5

-Return Pump : Eheim Compact 3000
-Reactor – TLF150 (Mod) with NP Biopellet
-Reactor – TLF150 with Rowaphos

• SRC Member

some will drop their heads off.. but will grow back.. u need to give it some flow. Since now is not opening, try to put higher when it can get more lights so chances of survival will be greater.

Tank Theme: Mixed Reef with clams

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Lightings: T5 actinic blue x4 , T5 white x4

Skimmer: BMQQ

Artica 1/5

Dosing: NA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

I also bot a clove polyp 3 days ago and on the first day I placed it on the top and it did not open due to strong flow.

Yesterday I decided to bring it down and position it in the middle and it started to open a little..this morning before going to work notice it fell down and lay on my GSP..hope it's ok...gona put it back to its original position again tonight and post some pix.. :)

Please "like" my FaceBook page - "Edquarium" (https://facebook.com/pages/Edquarium/350986588421491)

Thank you for your support :)

Logo-small_zpse0zttdgv.png