My nano concept..

• SRC Member

Understanding the theme is for sustainability.. I will like to take the concept to a higher level..

My definition of sustainability will include the reduction of carbon footprint to run this tank.. which means that this setup will be running on natural filtration. This setup will comprise of livestock that will be sustainable in our local nsw.. this is because of the carbon footprint that is utilize from the point Where salt mix is manufactured, to transportation, to have it displayed on our retail shelves.. the selection of live stock will not require additives, etc.. at the same time, maintaining a healthy ecosystem.. so the concept is a green setup..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

• SRC Member

Also, from many reefers whom decomm, alot of reasons was given to the high maintenance cost of reef keeping.. I'll like to showcase a tank that not only has color, but also easy to maintain.. also, the livestock chosen can be easily propagated. One is to ensure our hobby is self sustainable, secondly a concept that can defray the monthly running cost by sales and exchanging of live stock..

• SRC Member
Wow! Support and awaiting more info.

Tx bro

• SRC Member

To those bro who seen by tank, I'm only doing simple stuff.. .but this will be the first platoon falling in ..

post-3704-13510878350571_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

Second platoon..

post-3704-13510879076157_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

Some more falling in..

post-3704-13510881448001_thumb.jpg

Green Berets doing beach assault???

Awesome!

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

War is starting this dec....lol

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Yes.. I got a brigade behind..haha.

My fellow competitors beware!!! :lol:

• SRC Member

Recently my lumi GSP has closed up suddenly over the past 3 days. it wasn't until last weekend that they started to open up once again.

This sets me thinking that softies will be disadvantaged compared to SPS setup. Reason being SPS are already colored up, so they do not have the problem of no PE during the competition. They will still look good. Unlike my GSP theme.. it there is no PE, then its basically a pink skin over LR. I had better come up with a training regime for my LS.

• SRC Member

Actual day logisitcs plan.

WATER

Consideration: Keeping the setup environment to be similar in terms of my own DT so prevent shocks that will cause corals to not open up.

With this in mind, my intention is to utilised my DT's water for the competition. Understanding that the JBJ tank is 28G (that is about 106 liters), i will need to get ready 2 jerry cans of 50l each to hold the water to be transported. On top of this, i will need to go collect 3 jerry cans of sea water to replace the DT water that will be used for the competition.

Upon acclimatised of the coral to the environment on initial benching in period (reads coral opening up), I will probably do a 50% water change over the next 2 days of benching-in with Irwana's NSW provided.

• SRC Member

LIGHTS

Upon closer scrutiny, I noticed that the competition set is a MT-603-LED. This means that the led lights integrated will be the "Intermediate LEDs". Note the light spectrums on this set.

post-3704-0-34169200-1351486313_thumb.jp

Will be tuning my DT lights to 70-120nm in wavelength to keep a look out for any "surprises". Luckily my lightset can be tuned :>

• SRC Member

These will also be incorporated into the competition tank..

post-3704-0-49140400-1351487127_thumb.jp

Natural filtration. This means Tangs will be out.. :> perhaps my mandarins will be featured instead. haha :>

LIGHTS

Upon closer scrutiny, I noticed that the competition set is a MT-603-LED. This means that the led lights integrated will be the "Intermediate LEDs". Note the light spectrums on this set.

post-3704-0-34169200-1351486313_thumb.jp

Will be tuning my DT lights to 70-120nm in wavelength to keep a look out for any "surprises". Luckily my lightset can be tuned :>

Nice research done of the equipment used!

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

These will also be incorporated into the competition tank..

post-3704-0-49140400-1351487127_thumb.jp

Natural filtration. This means Tangs will be out.. :> perhaps my mandarins will be featured instead. haha :>

Wow... Interesting concept. Will be there to support and learn from you

• SRC Member

No lah.. not expert.. after 6 years.. still don't dare to go sps..hahha...

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

• SRC Member

Wow u got 6 years of exp.. sure i must learn more from you.

Tank Theme: Mixed Reef with clams

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Lightings: T5 actinic blue x4 , T5 white x4

Skimmer: BMQQ

Artica 1/5

Dosing: NA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

• SRC Member

Hope this december is more about learning and sharing than competition itself.... :cheers:

Agreed. It would a good showcase to all reefers here. It would add value to all :goodjob:

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Time flies.. competition is tomorrow. :blink:

• SRC Member

Was @ the location when the sky decided to let go 1x super heavy downpour.. kudos to organizers who scrambled to protect our assets!!.. Cheerios!!

• SRC Member

Will be putting this up for sharing.. participants can grab this from my setup 7 should you want to feed your fishes, should be available 10am tomorrow onwards when I bring it over.... :Ppost-3704-13548001011475_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• SRC Member

Feels like I'm the only one going bb.. tx bro PeOng for offering the sand.. but I think I'll pass.. Cheerios..