Pellet eat Mandarin

Congrates! I currently have a male mandarin too. Been with me for 4 days. He has the entire 90liter tank to himself for the moment. Trying to make him accept frozen daphnia 1st as it closely resembles marine pods...

• SRC Member

can share how u train the mandarin to eat pellet?

This is my 2nd mandarin that is willing to eat pellet. for me i dont give special training. If fishes willing to eat, they will eat anything. Dont want to eat, they will rather stave to death

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

just to share, this female was with me for about 3 weeks. recently spot it eating pellet.

what pellet are you using ?

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

• 1 month later...
tEc" post="1082583" timestamp="1357043842"]just to share, this female was with me for about 3 weeks. recently spot it eating pellet.
M keen 2 know what brand pallet u feed. Tnx!

• SRC Member

Just want to share with u guys, mandarin fish will keep pecking for food as long as they are awake. if your tank has no pods, u have to keep feeding it almost every hr. i was monitoring my pellet and mysis eating mandarin by placing them in container with just a pc of LR. i tried feeding once in the morning and once at night. although they ate alot but still their stomach sunk in after awhile. This show that they really need to eat alot. maybe got to use food timer. and since they are slow eater, u cant keep with other greedy fishes.