newbie wanna advice

• SRC Member

yo i just wanna start a new tank and was wondering should i do a fish only with life rock or a reef as my name says im just a 13 year old so no going out together i need all info here pls

:cheers::ThanxSmiley::thumbsup::score:

what kind of info do u need?

Are your parents fully funding your hobby or u be using your pocket money for the tank and stuff? reason i ask is becos running a reef tank can be quite ex.

tEc' timestamp='1357211764' post='1082905']

what kind of info do u need?

Are your parents fully funding your hobby or u be using your pocket money for the tank and stuff? reason i ask is becos running a reef tank can be quite ex.

Pocket money. I currently have a empty saltwater tank and wanna fill it up

• SRC Member

Pocket money. I currently have a empty saltwater tank and wanna fill it up

If you are using your pocket money to fund for this hobby, my honest advise is dont even start. This is not a cheap hobby to begin with. Even some of the working adults have problems maintaining this hobby and have to give up.

Saltwater and freshwater is totally different. Saltwater common fishes are rather cheap or affordable. It is usually the setup and the running cost that kills. Unless u are telling me u have $50 per day for pocket money, then it might be different. :P

tEc' timestamp='1357242861' post='1082976']

If you are using your pocket money to fund for this hobby, my honest advise is dont even start. This is not a cheap hobby to begin with. Even some of the working adults have problems maintaining this hobby and have to give up.

Saltwater and freshwater is totally different. Saltwater common fishes are rather cheap or affordable. It is usually the setup and the running cost that kills. Unless u are telling me u have $50 per day for pocket money, then it might be different. :P

Is saving $956 0000 over 13 years enough? ;)

If you really have this amount of money and allow to spend it.. go to any reputable lfs and get them setup for you and mantain for you. No need for advise here..

Agreed. Just pay and enjoy.

Then too bad skip thos hobby. U need ppl delivery tank.. delivery cabinet.. ppl do pipping..

So its impossible that no outsider enter your house. May be other hobby suit you more.

• SRC Member

13 years old and you have more savings than a lifetime of work for a lot of people.

why not buy some shares at the RWS marinelife Park and be the owner of the biggest tank of them all? There is no need for strangers in the house, no need to maintain anything and best of all, i bet with enough "donation", you can request to dive in it whenever you feel like it.

Just ask the management for approval should you feel the urge to add a cute tang or two.

And you can laugh at all of us here who have the usual small home tanks.

Cheers buddy...

I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government. - Woody Allen

guys i was just trolling to see how helpful you are

by the way i am 13 years old

bungle%20%2819%29.jpgreeftankMay2010.jpg

hope you like my tanks :cheers:

Trolling to see how helpful we are???!!! That's not a friendly move.

Anyway its your prerogative.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

today i mc from sch visted ah beng shop got new clownfish. colouration like siao somemore only $20 i have to get it.

him and his bro at quaratine

Super_Maroon.jpg

PNG-Lightning-Maroon-Clownfish-3.jpg

If I were u, I won't do that. Stealing pictures around and claim that is your fish? Dont have to keep saying you are 13. Your actions already prove that.

I will advise u to take down that 2 picture which u claim are your fishes.