Zac's 5ft Tank SPS dominated mix reef

Zac

• SRC Member

From 4ft to 6ft to 2ft to 4ft to 24g to 28g to finally 5ft again... LOL i guess many will say i back side itchy :) just cannot imagine what will life be without this wonderful hobby. this is how my 28g look before i decomm it, tot it will be good to start with this pic as it will remind be years later the transition between setups, maybe can show my kids in the future .

post-3086-0-90590600-1358424901_thumb.jp

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• SRC Member

decided to post my pictures of my previous Tank ,only can find these pics.

4ft decomm November 2005post-3086-0-91596500-1358427255_thumb.jp

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• SRC Member

Start of a new project decided to build a manifold so i can use 1 return pump to feed the followings:

1) Chiller

2) FR

3) FR

4) main tank

5) Spare outlet for future expansion

post-3086-0-72161000-1358427645_thumb.jp

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

Camping here too for your updates.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Wow impressive build so far. Will be camping here for your update..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Camping here too for your updates.

Thanks Guys i will try my best to update :thumbsup:

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• SRC Member

post-3086-0-60189100-1358563703_thumb.jppost-3086-0-11746100-1358563723_thumb.jp

First stop i have to find a suitable pump to power my manifold cannot be too strong also not insufficient flow else it wont be able to run my FRs, Chiller and the turn over rate from display to sump will not be ideal.

Hence i decided to go for this pump

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• SRC Member

post-3086-0-51354200-1358563786_thumb.jp

It is a DC pump with speed adjustable using a controller that comes with the pump. Max wattage at max speed is 85w only.

Well this will serve my purpose i will be able to run it at the desirable speed i want to suit my manifold :)

Also this pump kicks off with a soft start and is amazingly silent you wont even notice that it is running :superman:

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• SRC Member

for the waveline are you using it external or internal, cos i heard that you need the change the o ring if for external use. cos i am thinking of changing my pump to this is... can you help me check if our regular grey threaded piping able to fit into the outlet or inlet?

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member

for the waveline are you using it external or internal, cos i heard that you need the change the o ring if for external use.

cos i am thinking of changing my pump to this is...

can you help me check if our regular grey threaded piping able to fit into the outlet or inlet?

Bro iam using it internal let me check if can use it externally. also let me know what size grey piping u want to fit i help you check that as well :)

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• SRC Member

Bro iam using it internal let me check if can use it externally. also let me know what size grey piping u want to fit i help you check that as well :)

Thanks just need to know if our threaded piping able to fit nicely to it ... just like ehiem we can replace the original with threaded join

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member

Nice pump setup..how's the pefromance of it ?

Performance is superd! 10000L/2640G/hour (as stated on the box) power consumption only 85w at max speed. it is extremely quiet as well. simply love the soft start when the pump is turned on.

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• SRC Member

Thanks just need to know if our threaded piping able to fit nicely to it ... just like ehiem we can replace the original with threaded join

bro check for you already Pump DC5000 and DC 10000 can be run externally without having to change O ring for the new batches.

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170