MARINE ICH ATTACK! HELP!

A very good evening to the people out there. Recently, my LPS reef tank is down with a series of whitespot also known as MARINE ICH. Can i have the most expert advise and the best method to cure this pest? Ive been keeping this hobby for about 5 years for now. But have never once success in overcoming this ICH. I would really appreciate some help. Thanks.

My fishes have been battling the spots for about 9 days now. But they are still very active and eating very well. May i know why? Is this Whitespot OR Velvet. Can anyone identify it for me? As from what i read , Velvet kills the fishes within 2 - 3 days.

I had also personally tried this methods myself but non works. :(

-HYPOSALINITY

-REEF SAFE MEDICATION (KENT MARINE RX-P , AQUAPHARM CURE ICH )

-USE OF UV STERILLIZER

-LEAVING TANK EMPTY FOR 6WEEKS.

FISH LIST:

SOHAL TANG x1

DOMINO DAMSEL x4

HAWAII YELLOW TANG x2

POTTER'S ANGELFISH x1

SINCERELY,

SHAWN

Tank and Equipments Used:-

Tank Size: 3x1.5x2

Return Pump: Eheim 1260

Lighting: DE 36 Inch T5 Retrofit 6 x 39 Watts | 5 ATI Blue Plus & 1 ATI Special Blue.

Wavemaker: 1x WP-40 | 1x SUNSUN 5000ltr/hr

Skimmer: BUBBLE MAGUS C7

Skimz ideas FR: Running ROWAPHOS (FEEDER PUMP: RESUN 1000)

Enductor FR: Running NP Biopellet (FEEDER PUMP: AQUABEE 1000)

Chaeto in sump

~ Watching my tank matures and progressing day by day , gives me great satisfactory

Cheers!

• SRC Member

Not an expert but personally trying out so many methods only few work for me. Best if u can set up hospital tank to cure the fishes. Leave your display tank fishless for 8 weeks. The fastest way is copper. If dosage is correct, within 4 days u should be able to see the diff. Seachem copper is good and easy to use. I tried it and never look back. Hypo works but take a longer time. However i lost a lineatus and mystery wrasse during hypo. Hypo treatment have to treat for 30 days min. Daily water change work for me but very tiring and expensive. This is what i did for my reef tank in the past.

Problem is that i cant be able to catch my fishes out.. therefore there isnt anyway to leave the tank fishless... any suggestions on medication?

Lighting: DE 36 Inch T5 Retrofit 6 x 39 Watts | 5 ATI Blue Plus & 1 ATI Special Blue.

Chaeto in sump

~ Watching my tank matures and progressing day by day , gives me great satisfactory

Cheers!

• SRC Member

I tried the blueish green liquid from Ayer Rajah Market, seem to help quite a bit.

Black spot from inside of Blue Tang gone in a few days. Moreover it is Reef Safe.

Go look for Jeff.at the Market.

@UncleJon

TANK SIZE: 90x45x60

Not kinda sure my Nitrate level, as my nitrate test kit recently used up already.. Sorry about that.

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

@sngolf

Where is it located? Not quite sure where is ayer rajah market..

Please advise.

Thanks.

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

• SRC Member

Bro, the market is at West Coast Park, http://directory.stclassifieds.sg/singapore-directory/ayer+rajah+market/company/businessweb/1992107830/ It's just beside the newly open NTUC. Call 97676950, Jeff. He may be out doing servicing, call before you go down. If it's indeed ich, chances of survival still high. Velvet and Brooknella is almost a sure killer. My Angel tank got wiped out in less than a week.

@sngolf

Bro, if this is the case, my fishes have survived the disease for more than a week already. Can i assume that it isnt velvet? Anyway bro, how much is it? Is it possible for you to get it for me? Then we meet somewhere? Dont really know the place..

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

@Donaldcoolwater

Hi bro, where do you live?

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

@Uncle Jon

Yes , indeed .. It is a 3ft(L) 1.5ft(B) 2ft(H) tank.

I have a 106litres sump tank.

Yes i have live rocks.

At the same time i also have corals.

BATAM BRANCH HAMMER x1

YELLOW TORCH CORAL x2

CAT EYE BUBBLE x1

RED OPEN BRAIN x1

MULTI COLOUR OPEN BRAIN x1

GONIOPORA STOKESI x4

TRUE OCTOPUS x2

BALI BRANCHED HAMMER x2

BALI HAMMER WHOLE x4

GIANT CLAMS x2

PLEASE FURTHER ADVISE WHAT IS THERE I CAN DO.

THANKS GUYS.:)

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

Ermm, not exactly bahh. To be exact, the 4 domino damsels are the last fish i put in.

Sorry for the late response. Was busy lately..

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same ich outbreak problem, 4ft x 2ft x 2.5ft semi reef tank, impossible to catch the fishes or treat with copper.

Tried Octozin and Anti-ich (heard from LFS that anti-ich will kill LR if doseage is too high), both didn't work.

Lost 2 dottybacks, emperor, Majastic and Scribbled angel (Pain). What seems to work is medicated food, and pellets soaked in garlic and aquarium vitamins, feed daily, it will help built up immune system which I think is the best defence against Ich. I added in some stress guard too.

I also tried trapping, and it works too. managed to trap yellow tang. now all is well again.

yea correct try waterlife oztozin.I always use this product to quarantine my fishes all doing fine...those cant survive in quarantine tank mean they are too weak for me...after oztozin bath all the ich should be dissapear in 2 weeks time but remember to quarantine longer for efficience result as ich can survive up to 28-35 days.

My 1st Tank (FOWLR)

4.5ft x 2.5ftx 3ft 15mm with Cabinet & Tank

2x Two Little Fishie 150 Reactor (Rowaphos & Rowacarbon)

1x Two Little Fishie 300 Reactor (Biopellet)

Reef Octupos SRO-3000INT Skimmer

Teco Chiller TR20 1/3hp with UV

Vortech MP40ES Wavemotion

JBJ auto top-up

Eheim 1264 Return Pump

9 Stage Ro Water

Neptunes Sys Aqua Controller (PH, ORP, Temp,Conductivity,Salinity and Email Alert)

yea correct try waterlife oztozin.I always use this product to quarantine my fishes all doing fine...those cant survive in quarantine tank mean they are too weak for me...after oztozin bath all the ich should be dissapear in 2 weeks time but remember to quarantine longer for efficience result as ich can survive up to 28-35 days.
If you already have a QT, y not use cheaper meds like paraguard, or meth blue? Octozin is quite expensive for QT isn't it? A blue note for the big bottle, and as part of the treatment, hypo is required. I wonder which is the process that solves the ich problem, the meds or hypo? Haha...

Because I got few angelfish started pellet after I dose the oztozin...The angel will start to nip or eat some of the left over particle they seem stress sometime but they eat the tablet after that I throw pellet in n they hungry for it I also dont know y. :). After sometime I has alot of angelfish now all very healthy even 3 mth no water change due to oversea attachment and they was fed on pellet 3-5 times a day by my brother n maid. so far so good no white spot found....Even the majestic/six bar and regal angelfish start to eat because of this. Just to share not for lesson try on ur own risk !!!

My 1st Tank (FOWLR)

4.5ft x 2.5ftx 3ft 15mm with Cabinet & Tank

2x Two Little Fishie 150 Reactor (Rowaphos & Rowacarbon)

1x Two Little Fishie 300 Reactor (Biopellet)

Reef Octupos SRO-3000INT Skimmer

Teco Chiller TR20 1/3hp with UV

Vortech MP40ES Wavemotion

JBJ auto top-up

Eheim 1264 Return Pump

9 Stage Ro Water

Neptunes Sys Aqua Controller (PH, ORP, Temp,Conductivity,Salinity and Email Alert)