chiller

kksg2000

if urs is the new teco - gray color. agent is qian hu.

if urs is the old teco - black color. agent is aqua tecnic. At kallang bahru.

The spirit of sharing...

always remember forum is like its name - forum

Singapore Reef Club – We are an online discussion community which aim to provide quality information about setting up and keeping a marine reef aquarium. By joining us as a members, you will be able to learn and share your experience in this hobby and at the same time making some friends here !! We hope by educating the public about the marine hobby, we will be able to create greater awareness of the fragility of our coral reefs as well as loving each and every living fish / corals we purchase as a responsible reefer.

flow rate u have to refer to your manual book, or find them online.

after cooling down to ur desired temp, how long does it takes to run again?

1hr+ seems a little long, and 1/10 seems small as well.

anyway, I do connect my from my return pump via a T-branch.

The spirit of sharing...

Singapore Reef Club – We are an online discussion community which aim to provide quality information about setting up and keeping a marine reef aquarium. By joining us as a members, you will be able to learn and share your experience in this hobby and at the same time making some friends here !! We hope by educating the public about the marine hobby, we will be able to create greater awareness of the fragility of our coral reefs as well as loving each and every living fish / corals we purchase as a responsible reefer.

My point of view.. always go 1 size above the recommended. I using an oversize 1/3 artica for my 50G appx 300L. Using 15min for cool down and interval of 50 to 1 hrs. Depend on weather as mine are close to a window. I using a T for my set up too. I felt quite save onumy electricity bill. Kicks in and off faster with this 1/3. Just to share my exp

Another question can I connect return pump intake to the chiller , so that I run only one pump. My return pump is 5000, too high?

you can installer a control valve

chiller will kick in more often if you T from return pump then back to sump

cooling time will be faster thou

• SRC Member

1/10 is a bit under power for 3ft with sump. I used 1/10hp but changed to 1/4hp for my 2 feet cube. I think it is not advisable to have a high flow rate for the chiller. Maybe you can try 1000L/H. Inflow from sump and outflow to tank.

When the chiller is working, do you feel the hot air outside the cooling fan? If it is not hot at all, then you need to service the unit.

• SRC Member

1/10 is a bit under power for 3ft with sump. I used 1/10hp but changed to 1/4hp for my 2 feet cube. I think it is not advisable to have a high flow rate for the chiller. Maybe you can try 1000L/H. Inflow from sump and outflow to tank.

When the chiller is working, do you feel the hot air outside the cooling fan? If it is not hot at all, then you need to service the unit.

ya I felt hot air outside the cooling fan. i think should upgrade to 1/4 or 1/5...

you can installer a control valve

chiller will kick in more often if you T from return pump then back to sump

cooling time will be faster thou

if T from return pump, then chiller outlet should go to DT too.

i did mine this way.

The spirit of sharing...

artica webby got put the recommended flow rate. try to match it.

The spirit of sharing...

• SRC Member

I using eheim 1260 for my 1/3 artica. You can check the artica website for info. More accurate.

bro does your 1260 hums and create strong vibration noise? I tried to up inside the water, without touching anything, the noise is still there. any idea?

bro does your 1260 hums and create strong vibration noise? I tried to up inside the water, without touching anything, the noise is still there. any idea?

My old 1260 will vibrate a little, need to place it on something soft to reduce the hum. I used those rubber suckers, bought like 6-8 and stuck them on the sump bottom then sit the pump on the rubber stubs, no sound at all after that.