Purple firefish

• SRC Member

Marinelife now has stock.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Am has too...:) less than 10...:)

Fresh fishes and inverts! What's next? To the salty side of marine of course!:)

"Never to part, lest jealous heaven stole our hearts"

Thanks. I was at AM last Sunday but not much fishes. Iwarna also not much fishes. Instead I got one royal gramma from Ah Beng at Pasir Ris and it was feeding in my tank looking fine. But it died yesterday while my other fishes are doing fine. My guess is that it was killed by one of my fish although all my fishes should not be very aggressive ones (ie. medium percula clown, yellow wrasse, firegoby, other gobies, anthia, banggai cardinals). Maybe yellow wrasse whacked the royal gramma because the similar shape and size and the yellow color.

• SRC Member

Thanks. I was at AM last Sunday but not much fishes. Iwarna also not much fishes. Instead I got one royal gramma from Ah Beng at Pasir Ris and it was feeding in my tank looking fine. But it died yesterday while my other fishes are doing fine. My guess is that it was killed by one of my fish although all my fishes should not be very aggressive ones (ie. medium percula clown, yellow wrasse, firegoby, other gobies, anthia, banggai cardinals). Maybe yellow wrasse whacked the royal gramma because the similar shape and size and the yellow color.

• SRC Member

Maybe ur tank is overcrowded?

• SRC Member

Alot of reasons why it may die...:) can call Am to check next time.:) i still prefer fishes in the tank and see if it response to food as compared to bagged ones where its a gamble...:)

Alot of reasons why it may die... :) can call Am to check next time. :) i still prefer fishes in the tank and see if it response to food as compared to bagged ones where its a gamble... :)

Agree. But most of the time people readily take bagged ones for popular fishes before they are transferred to tanks. And only the left overs are transferred to the tanks. So its a gamble.

• SRC Member

do they jump like the firefish goby? i read somewhere that they do.

They're skittish...:) but once comfy in your tank, they'll come out kpo and swim around abit, esp during feeding.:)

• 3 weeks later...