WP 40 Wavemaker

Kakani

• SRC Member

OOT. My wp40 just took its first casualty. My marshal island flame angel which also happen to be my favorite fish was stuck to the side of the wavemaker. I turn off the wavemaker immediately only for the fish to sink to the bottom. Haizzzz

Just curious why suddenly a few sale posts popping out in pasar malam thread? I thought many here said WP40 is good :erm: ?

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

I using the wp40 inside my 2x2x2.5height together w an mp40 and mp10 set at w1 mode at 25%... i actually can go higher with solid waves but i did not as the waves created will hit my top braces resulting in splashing.. I still think for the price a good pump, reliability not known yet as still new...

• Like 1

:: just a noob ::

• SRC Member

I using the wp40 inside my 2x2x2.5height together w an mp40 and mp10 set at w1 mode at 25%... i actually can go higher with solid waves but i did not as the waves created will hit my top braces resulting in splashing.. I still think for the price a good pump, reliability not known yet as still new...

bro, any idea what is the flow rate like in w1 mode?

• SRC Member

I really wont know what it is like i actual volume etc... But at 25% the distance between the wave crest and wave trough is about 1 inch... Given my small size. I do not really see a full wave but rather water level will go up on the left side and down on the right... Vice versa... I tune up to about 50+% the distance in my tank can see like 3-4inches!!

• SRC Member

Btw, it takes like couple of mins for the wave pattern to form properly every time u adjust the power.. So adjust, relax, see and adjust again if necessary... My tank is 2.5ft w 1 inch of sand, i place the wp40 on the overflow wall abt 1/3 the way down from the surface... meaning that the distance btw the wp40 and the facing wall is less then 1.5ft, slightly tilted to bounce of back wall of tank... Hope it helps ;)

• Like 1