white ich

kksg2000

go and but waterlife oztozin I qt all my angel when reached home the ich should dissapear in a week...sometime the angelfish tried to eat some of the particle from the tablet I dunno y but after that they start to eat pellet I throw hehe wonder its lucky or wat ?

My 1st Tank (FOWLR)

4.5ft x 2.5ftx 3ft 15mm with Cabinet & Tank

2x Two Little Fishie 150 Reactor (Rowaphos & Rowacarbon)

1x Two Little Fishie 300 Reactor (Biopellet)

Reef Octupos SRO-3000INT Skimmer

Teco Chiller TR20 1/3hp with UV

Vortech MP40ES Wavemotion

JBJ auto top-up

Eheim 1264 Return Pump

9 Stage Ro Water

Neptunes Sys Aqua Controller (PH, ORP, Temp,Conductivity,Salinity and Email Alert)

• 4 weeks later...

This is probably one of the biggest problems that irk all of us. There is no dearth of literature on this subject and its worth a read online. If you have a big house and lots of $$ then you can get a QT and have your fish transferred whilst leaving the main tank fallow. It's a long process. You will have to leave your main tank fallow for 8 to 10 weeks to break the parasites cycle whilst treating the fish in the QT with the hypo salinity method. This is the best method. Many of us will never do this for reasons stated above. I would advise against meds for various reasons which you can read about online. The best thing is prevention but many of us will end up getting ich because we are always itching to put new stuff into the tank! So what to do?

1.Keep your tank clean with the usual water changes. If you think additional water changes need to be done because of the signs (smell, discoloration of water, algae blooms) then do it. It will help to ease stress on the fish.

2. Supplement the foods you feed the fish with garlic and vitamins. Do this everyday until you see improvement.

This is the method i have used and its a hassle free thing. 90 to 95% of your fish will recover.

**Don't buy your fish from dingy notorious LFSs. Pay a little extra and go the extra mile or two and buy fish which are healthy. If you are staying in the East then you have two options but both are quite a distance. Hint hint.