WEEKLY SHIPMENT UPDATES - 25 Feb 2013 to 03 March 2013

Iwarna @ 13:30:

Tons of 1-2inch YT, 2 chevron tangs, barlet anthias, lots of elegance... Nothing much

post-20350-0-22481400-1361771832_thumb.jpost-20350-0-46793600-1361771841_thumb.j

Buy fish that excite YOU, and respect others' passions.

Yes, we know, there's a cheaper and prettier fish than the one were talking about. - John Coppolino

Pinnacles @ 2:00 Lots of hammer corals, purple/green true octo, brains, red mushrooms, BTA, various anthias species, powder blues, bicolor blenny, a pair of platinum clowns, 1 juve warty frogfish...

Buy fish that excite YOU, and respect others' passions.

Yes, we know, there's a cheaper and prettier fish than the one were talking about. - John Coppolino

gentle reminder for all who acquired corals. please remember to dip ur corals before introducing to your tank. shipments looks fantastic, but I killed a few zoas spider n nudibranch and sps pest when I dip them at home.

• Like 2

The spirit of sharing...

always remember forum is like its name - forum

Singapore Reef Club – We are an online discussion community which aim to provide quality information about setting up and keeping a marine reef aquarium. By joining us as a members, you will be able to learn and share your experience in this hobby and at the same time making some friends here !! We hope by educating the public about the marine hobby, we will be able to create greater awareness of the fragility of our coral reefs as well as loving each and every living fish / corals we purchase as a responsible reefer.

gentle reminder for all who acquired corals. please remember to dip ur corals before introducing to your tank. shipments looks fantastic, but I killed a few zoas spider n nudibranch and sps pest when I dip them at home.

Wah good advice, especially if the corals are marincultured :thumbsup:

Can share dipping process of corals?

i used lugol's solution from kent marine. coral rx and coral revive works well too.

for hardy corals like zoas, i dip using ro/di water. distilled water is fine too. i find there are more hiding places for the pests, and their pest more hardy too.

for other corals i dip in saltmix water, not aquarium water.

dip amount as instructed in the manual. (dip 40drips for 1 gallon/3.78 litre of water. i use 20 drips with 2 litre of water. if only 1 or 2 pieces of coral, if many corals then use more water and more drips. immerse the coral completely)

dip for 10-15mins, i keep shaking the coral, or use a pipette to jet it, blast those pest out.. remember to visually check for bad starfish or crab which are likely to cling on tightly to the coral.

but don't overdose. it will damage coral as well. i almost kill a rock of zoas. heng they very hardy, 2 days later then open up.

The spirit of sharing...

always remember forum is like its name - forum

Singapore Reef Club – We are an online discussion community which aim to provide quality information about setting up and keeping a marine reef aquarium. By joining us as a members, you will be able to learn and share your experience in this hobby and at the same time making some friends here !! We hope by educating the public about the marine hobby, we will be able to create greater awareness of the fragility of our coral reefs as well as loving each and every living fish / corals we purchase as a responsible reefer.

i used lugol's solution from kent marine. coral rx and coral revive works well too. for hardy corals like zoas, i dip using ro/di water. distilled water is fine too. i find there are more hiding places for the pests, and their pest more hardy too. for other corals i dip in saltmix water, not aquarium water. dip amount as instructed in the manual. (dip 40drips for 1 gallon/3.78 litre of water. i use 20 drips with 2 litre of water. if only 1 or 2 pieces of coral, if many corals then use more water and more drips. immerse the coral completely) dip for 10-15mins, i keep shaking the coral, or use a pipette to jet it, blast those pest out.. remember to visually check for bad starfish or crab which are likely to cling on tightly to the coral. but don't overdose. it will damage coral as well. i almost kill a rock of zoas. heng they very hardy, 2 days later then open up.
Thanks for the info.

which of the more accessible marine shops (not those farm that need transport) have false/true percular clown? looking to add a pair..

I believe saw some small cute one at Sealife. Can call and check first.

Yes. Sealife have true perc clown shipment on sat, but they are closed tml. You can head down on thurs.