After 20 years of hesitation

Sani Boyan

Hi Sea Cucumber

Are u using Bubble Magus skimmer???

What is the model???

Is it reliable???

I tot of getting one also.

Can share where u bought it & the cost???

Thanks

Hi Sea Cucumber

Are u using Bubble Magus skimmer???

What is the model???

Is it reliable???

I tot of getting one also.

Can share where u bought it & the cost???

Thanks

I bought it from a fellow reefer for $100. If not mistaken he bought it from DE Lightings for $180 last year. Model is magus curve 5. In my opion reliable for tanks having 75 gallons. Probably up to not more than 100 gallons.

Now it is running in my current setup of abt 120 gallons and found that it is not producing good skimmate.

Maybe other seniors here can help to answer a better review of the skimmer.

I bought it from a fellow reefer for $100. If not mistaken he bought it from DE Lightings for $180 last year. Model is magus curve 5. In my opion reliable for tanks having 75 gallons. Probably up to not more than 100 gallons.

Now it is running in my current setup of abt 120 gallons and found that it is not producing good skimmate.

Maybe other seniors here can help to answer a better review of the skimmer.

but I check the spec, it can use up to 140 gallons

• SRC Member

Hmm... Great thinking. But..... That Tang is sleeping under and in between rocks. Never saw it sleep out in the open. Anyway thanks for the tip. ^_^

still looking to catch the blue tang? if so can use breeder box with door (i got mine from gemsurf). put seaweed inside (or whatever it loves to eat). My blue tang kept swimming in when i was trying to bait my damsel. OR use mirror heard it works -p

still looking to catch the blue tang? if so can use breeder box with door (i got mine from gemsurf). put seaweed inside (or whatever it loves to eat). My blue tang kept swimming in when i was trying to bait my damsel. OR use mirror heard it works -p

Thanks for the tip. It does work actually! But finally the blue tang was successfully caught during decom and pass to a very close living nearby reefer. Now a newer blue in a newer tank. Much smaller though.

Anyone got a flame angel to let? ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

A year had passed since I am into this hobby. I would like to share 2 short videos of me feeding my livestock in my current 2mths old FOWLR 4'x2'x18". Definitely someone would say, "your tank too small.....". Yes I do agree it is small. It stresses the fishes. It is a torture and all that. For all its worth, they seems happy and healthy. Water parameters are doing well. Reason I switched to FOWLR is because I love to interact with various kinds of fish.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, how long u keep the foxface? I just bought 1 yesterday, saw it very stress and always change to black color.

Sorry for the late reply. When the video is taken, the fox is just a few days old in my tank. Surprisingly so tame that quick. Lucky I guess?

Update of my current FOWLR tank for logging purposes.

Livestock

1 emperor angel (juv)

1 flame angel

1 rusty angel

1 blue tang

1 yellow tang

1 powder brown tang

2 foxface

1 pair true peculiar misbar clown

3 fire goby (purple)

1 anthias (pink)

2 yellow tail damsels

1 cleaner shrimp

1 yellow banded shrimp

2 blue legged hermits

3 turban snails

1 maroon clown (in-sump refugium/nano tank)

Tank: 4'x2'x1.5'

Lighting: ODYSSEA EVO Led 48" 96W Skyblue (10000K+blue)

Skimmer: BM Curve 5

Tunze 6100 w 7091

Sunsun JVP-101A

Water params

Salinity: 1.022

PH:8.4

KH: 12

NO2: 0

NO3: 20

NH3: 0

PO4: So long never check...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk