Hon's Reef Cube

Hon

Nice scape, keep the photos coming...

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Wahhhh... so long no update liao. Tank still the same, no add coral for very long. No place to squeeze in, problem with small tank, how i miss my 6.5 footer. Weather been hot, temp is average at 31-32 deg these days. Hope cool weather quick quick come....

IMG_4954.JPG

IMG_4955.JPG

IMG_4956.JPG

• Like 2

Your corals looked so much nicer now. Look bigger too.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

• 3 months later...
  • SRC Member

Finally surrender myself to constant topping up of water and constantly monitoring the water temp cooled by an A/C fan. I got myself a brand new 1/3 hp chiller.

Can advice what is the standard temp setting to use these days? My chiller control temp in 0.5 difference. Thanks.

Now got chiller, can keep SPS Liao. Yippee

Actually I con-ed my spouse saying coral all melting, that's why I got a chiller now. Ha ha

Wow, this is finally the "Return of Hon" we are all waiting for. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Supporter

Tank is from CR Aquarium. Using 2x AI Vega for lighting. Skimmer is a skimz sm201 in sump model.

Does CR Aquarium help you with the design like calculating the overflow and sump design? :) Don't mind PM me how much? Thanks.

• SRC Member

Have lost a few coral due to high temp of 32 deg. Decided to install a 1/3 hp Arctica chiller, hope coral will be happier. Update some pics of tank as of today.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• SRC Member

Have lost a few coral due to high temp of 32 deg. Decided to install a 1/3 hp Arctica chiller, hope coral will be happier. Update some pics of tank as of today.

sad to hear that :( I have been following your posts (quietly) and I've (quietly) been observing the ways of the hidden dragon :D I love your tank! So simple yet so beautiful

Dream big, achieve bigger

• SRC Member

how did your temperature shoot up to 32 degrees? Wasn't the chiller already set up some time back?

Dream big, achieve bigger

• SRC Member

I installed my chiller less than 2 weeks ago. Before putting the chiller online, water temp rose to 32 deg for the past few days and was at 31 most of the days. SPS start to stn from bottom up. Hammer coral get brown jelly and melted away. Even a zoas colony start to close and die off. After much thought, for the health of the coral in the long run, I bought the chiller.

• SRC Member

Have some time today, pick up a red goni and a prata, my very 1st prata since I start reefing 20yrs back. Please advice how to keep and maintain prata. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Got my new toy today. It's a AI Director. Now I can control my 2 vega light with different light intensity. But there aren't 20 channel per light set, it only does per colour adjustment.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Cool gadget.

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice shot of ur sps.