grotech A B C

mengyang_neo

Just get my hand on this product, going to give it a try, look like colour element to me. If it works, it is going to be very good new cause it is not very expensive. Anyone has try it? How is the result?

post-11499-0-11730000-1364634455.jpg

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

• Sponsor

Hi reefer guy

Just to find what is the dissatisfaction that you have on the grotech line so I can get the factory to answer on this as the abc range is the pioneer in this field for colour enhancing in different bottles .

Let me know

Regards

Seet

Reef Depot Pte Ltd 

We are a trusted and reputable distributor and wholesaler of aquarium products in Singapore and surrounding region. Our customers include wholesalers, shops, aquarium integrators, schools, clubs and public aquariums.

For wholesaler or dealers, please Click Here to open an account with us.

For endusers , please check with our local partners for our products.

Our Brands,

AI.jpg ETM.jpgPolypLab.jpgAlgone.jpg

DD.jpgNyos_hover.pngRowa.jpgAMPinpoint.jpgTunze.jpg

Like us on our Facebook page for latest updates from us.

• SRC Member

I am using M as a coral food.

Finished whole 500ml bottleof C. Green color is great. Not that light green.

To me. It is color plus trace element togethter.

love them and want to try A n B.

Thanks reef depot bringing this great brand in.

:superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman:

• Sponsor

Hi kkk121 and everyone

Should have get mod to port these to my sponsor thread haha

Anyway not to digress .

I using the abc m on my test nano tank in my office and note ah this is a observation not a review.

Just to go through my slight observation and the abc concept

Look at the colours of the btl it targets the specific colours of the corals .

For m its amino acids other than food it also aid in slime production for corals which its important due to stress fragging etc .

Ok on my test tank or prototype tank

I'm using polyplab reef resh complete to bring down the noutrient but I have emails telling me that when we overdo it the coral colours became pastel so I brought in a grotech as these are proven to supplement with rf complete.

Observation ..

I have this prata or donut or whatever which was given to me as hopelessly brown now the colours are coming back and have observed green patterns forming and the brown receding within 2 weeks .

And for the donated Sps from pastel to brown the results are positive as the colours are starting to turn deeper i will post this on my Facebook @ Seet rd for the tank observation.

Conclude..

Overall I will let customers and users review the

results themselves but pls do not hesitate to let me know on your problem as I would to know and solve the issues with whatever products we bring in , but pls ah I will not always reply in time as we are tied up due to labor shortage .

Cheers and happy Reefing

Seet

Reef Depot Pte Ltd 

We are a trusted and reputable distributor and wholesaler of aquarium products in Singapore and surrounding region. Our customers include wholesalers, shops, aquarium integrators, schools, clubs and public aquariums.

Our Brands,

• SRC Member

Hi reefer guy

Just to find what is the dissatisfaction that you have on the grotech line so I can get the factory to answer on this as the abc range is the pioneer in this field for colour enhancing in different bottles .

Let me know

Regards

Seet

No dissatisfaction or problem, as I have mentioned it doesn't work for my reef.

I have a 225g reef tank and dosing ABC as per instructions, my sps has shown no changes that I may conclude was brought about by dosing the products. I should say that colouration and especially polyp extensions were more prominent when I dose FM.

• Sponsor

No dissatisfaction or problem, as I have mentioned it doesn't work for my reef.

I have a 225g reef tank and dosing ABC as per instructions, my sps has shown no changes that I may conclude was brought about by dosing the products. I should say that colouration and especially polyp extensions were more prominent when I dose FM.

Hi

Thank you for your reply , I look for your support on other products that we distribute.

Cheers

Reef Depot Pte Ltd 

Our Brands,

Hi Bro Seet,

Both Polylab and Grotech are suppose to be doing the same job right?

If so we can use either one depending which have the stock :thumbsup:

Sherman

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• Sponsor

Sherman

To clear your doubts based on my observations

Both do a different thing on its own , they only complement each other .

Rf brings down the nutrient and makes the tank cleaner .- I do not know if I should call this a tank cleaner haha .

Grotech abc - these are to deepen the coral colours when oops..the rf system reduce the nutrients too fast in the tank .

Well if you are dosing rf and the colours are ok not too pastel then abc is optional btw In abc i recommend splitting the weekly dosing to daily as dosing weekly will cause the trace elements to be removed by our filtration .

Hope this helps ah .

Will try to engage reefers depending on my schedule .

Cheers

Seet

Reef Depot Pte Ltd 

Our Brands,

Used for a few days, in general the poly extension is a lot better within day time. For colour wise, it is also quite obvious, blue/purple, red and green sps become more intense. Have to observe more to see how it goes.

Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)

• 4 weeks later...

hi all

I used to dose/add additivies but now just change water. I see that changing water regularly seems to work for me than dosing. I am just wondering why dosing? Is it to make the water quality last longer (maintain) replacing the need to change water regularly? I ask is because l too heard about the good stuff like grotech etc but have not try it yet.

Just wondering if I dose regularly, do I still need to change water (to freshen up the water quality)? Pls advise.

hi all

I used to dose/add additivies but now just change water. I see that changing water regularly seems to work for me than dosing. I am just wondering why dosing? Is it to make the water quality last longer (maintain) replacing the need to change water regularly? I ask is because l too heard about the good stuff like grotech etc but have not try it yet.

Just wondering if I dose regularly, do I still need to change water (to freshen up the water quality)? Pls advise.

I will say now a lot of reefer is keeping sps in ultra low nutrient system(ulns) hence the system has 0 po4 and No3, and the water is strip off of almost everything so water change and dosing of A,B and C will replace the element in the system and hence enhance the colour of the SPS.

If the tank is normal system then the effect of A, B and C might not be so obvious.

Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es

Sherman

To clear your doubts based on my observations

Both do a different thing on its own , they only complement each other .

Rf brings down the nutrient and makes the tank cleaner .- I do not know if I should call this a tank cleaner haha .

Grotech abc - these are to deepen the coral colours when oops..the rf system reduce the nutrients too fast in the tank .

Well if you are dosing rf and the colours are ok not too pastel then abc is optional btw In abc i recommend splitting the weekly dosing to daily as dosing weekly will cause the trace elements to be removed by our filtration .

Hope this helps ah .

Will try to engage reefers depending on my schedule .

Cheers

Seet

Thank You for the very detail explaination Bro Seet.

So Grotech A,B,C is to help bring back the color

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• SRC Member

Would like to know too.. Mine is a mixed Reef with mainly lps and softies.. Some sps too.

i just dosed abc today. took photo of my LPS and zoas using DSLR.

From Raw file, i changed white balancing for all to 14,000 -30% taint. was thinking if lighting, app and wb remains the same by next week can take another same shot with same setting to see diff

1. Zoas - LA Lakers

post-19782-0-95472000-1367586120_thumb.j

2. LPS Elegence

post-19782-0-96857800-1367586290_thumb.j

Grotech ABC are elements that corals need, so in general they should be helpful for Lps, softies and sps. Why people always only talk about sps is because for sps, colour lost is very common and people are looking for ways to improve the colour or maintain it. For Lps I think most important is the gene, if the Lps is not nice in the first place, it is not going to be nice after a period of time, this is from my limited experience with Lps. Hence it is important to buy the luminous and nicest Lps instead of just buy a normal one and hope that it will become a gem.

• Like 1

Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es

• SRC Member

Attached is my zoas pics after 1 week. (dint take pic of LPS as pointed out by bro above).

factors that cant be the same: angle of camera

factors that i tried to control: shutter speed, app, white balancing, iso, tank lighting are maintain the same.

fruit loops:

Now

post-19782-0-64106500-1368175735_thumb.j

Before

post-19782-0-48965200-1368175762_thumb.j

Golden Rasta:

Now

post-19782-0-19374100-1368175876_thumb.j

Before

post-19782-0-31144600-1368175915_thumb.j

La Lakers:

Now

post-19782-0-63886900-1368175954_thumb.j

Before

post-19782-0-92101300-1368176010_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

After using for a period of time, the effect on sps is quite obvious, colour become more intense and brown sps also coloured up.

Rather then dosing once a week, I dose A on first day, B on second day and C on third day and repeat. I also turn off the skimmer for a period of time for better absorption.

During that period I also dose poly roid, can see sps feed poly.

Best part the price is good.

Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es

• SRC Member

i must say im totally amazed by this product. i got my ABC+M set 2 days ago and started dosing A Yesteday and B this morning. i dose 50% of recommanded dosage (250L @ 12.5ml per week) i've yet to dose C and M but guess what, within 24 hours of dosing A & B. i can see improvement on PE of my milli colony.

this was taken the day before i started grotech. i was dosing Red sea reef Energy A & B. Some PE but definitely not much.

http://s961.photobucket.com/user/fissiden/media/20130529_220025_zps5fc08d8b.jpg.html'>20130529_220025_zps5fc08d8b.jpg

This was taken about an hour ago, which means i've dosed 12.5ML of A & B already. can see obvious PE improvement! the deeper color was probably due to lighting.

http://s961.photobucket.com/user/fissiden/media/20130602_230842_zpse4b3aa08.jpg.html'>20130602_230842_zpse4b3aa08.jpg

maybe im overating this product since i've only used it for just A & B for a single dose it but seems like i'll be sticking to this brand from now on.

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

• SRC Member

where to get this and how much?

Thanks

for the ABC+M package, madpetz & Marinelife do carry them. i got mine from ML @ almost 2 blue notes. think only left 2 set as of 2 days ago.

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :