What to feed yellow tang

Hi guys and gals,

What do u usually feed yellow tang with? Understand it is a herbivore.. Sea weed?

Cheers

Qun77

I usually feed with a good quality pellet food and then supplement with dried nori or seaweed or dried kelp.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

Cool, where to get the nori and seaweed? Cheers

You can get those un-flavoured ones from supermarkets. If you are unsure, you can get from most LFS.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

If you have a web-able smartphone, always do some background check BEFORE buying any livestock to ensure compatibility with current tank residents and to ensure you know what to feed them with...

Otherwise, can always ask the LFS although they may not always give correct info.

• Like 1

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

If you have a web-able smartphone, always do some background check BEFORE buying any livestock to ensure compatibility with current tank residents and to ensure you know what to feed them with...

Otherwise, can always ask the LFS although they may not always give correct info.

• SRC Member

This is what I am doing..

Cheers

i feed mine with Mysis, Seaweed, Ocean Nutrition ROE on top of food that they graze from liverock all day long in the tank. They are not fussy eater so I think they literally eat any fish food.

i feed mine with chaeto from my refugium. after they got comfortable in the tank, they just started eating pellets automatically

Tank : 2.5 x1.5 x 2

Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC3.5

Lighting : Maxspect 110W

Chiller : Hailea 150 @ 27Deg

Salt : TropicMarin

• 5 weeks later...

but my tang doesnt seem to want to go near and the seaweed would jus dissolve and make a mess....

I've been feeding my yellow tang, nori. In the beginning, I used rubber band to tie on a small live rock and placed on high ground where the fish can see.

Now, I just tie on either chock stick or a piece of green plastic stick and secure using clothes peg on top of tank.