3ftx1.5ftx2ft New Setup

staromsa

• SRC Member

This is something i must get off my chest for the sake of letting everyone know about your irresponsible behavior - something that all the senior reefers here have tried to help you correct.

Your algae-heavy tank has been cautioned against the addition of fishes until things have stabilize. This was the same thing I have told you too. Haste makes waste and patience is definitely a virtue in our hobby.

Then suddenly you told me you have added 4 new fishes into the tank, 2 Three-spotted Wrasses, 1 Yellow Wrasse and 1 Blue Tang. This makes the total fishcount to 5, including the existing damsefish that was in the tank during your cycle. You claimed it was for fensghui purposes and it was your girlfriend's parents who advised you to do that. And also you said that the wrasses would help in controlling pests and the tang would help with the algae.

And the worst possible thing a reefer/fish keeper/ hobbyist could ever make - you never acclimatize the fishes. Resulting in the death of the Yellow Wrasse.

And today you said your algae problem has taken a turn for the worst. WHAT?

Let me break things down:

1. Addition of so many fishes would not help your situation at all. Time and time again, we have been telling you to do the same thing - add slowly. You claim these fishes play a vital role in cleaning your tank, but are you so daft that you purposely ignored the fact that every fish adds stress to the bioload of a small tank? This is the reason why your algae problem worsened.

2. You claimed that you were under the pressure of your girlfriend's parents for the addition of these fishes. Let me ask you, are you going to listen to them (who have no experience in reefing) or are you simply going to to the right thing and listen to the seniors here? You have asked and we have given. Yet you still went against it.

3. Not acclimatizing fishes is not only an irresponsible behavior, it is both cruel and sickening. You killed a fish in the process. You are not new in reefing and keeping fishes. This is clearly unjustifiable.

4. Now that you have 4 fishes left in the tank, you said 4 is a bad number for fengsui. My friend, the world turns with or without fengshui.

I truly feel that you have let all of us down, and most importantly, you have let yourself down. We have been giving you the same advice over and over again. I do not know if you just turn a deaf ear or feel that you know better. I do not even want to start on the last incident when you bought a lot of frags from a decomming bro and ended up with a lot of deaths.

Lastly I want to say that you should be ashamed of yourself, because to be directly responsible for a body count when it could have been easily avoided is not ok, because not following advice and coming back asking for help again is not right and because as someone who have guided you a lot in your journey and counted you as a friend, I feel ashamed too.

I am out.

I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government. - Woody Allen

• SRC Member

Bro Slimy, please take it easy, no need to get so frustrated over him...

Life not appreciate and lost, its his karma not yours. We have done our part to assist and guide but ultimately its up to him to decide whether or not to heed...

His idea was never really to have an establish tank in the first place, if i may quote "i want to keep sps cos i want to frag and make money..." What can we expect? Just look at what is being sold recently...

:: just a noob ::

This is something i must get off my chest for the sake of letting everyone know about your irresponsible behavior - something that all the senior reefers here have tried to help you correct.

Your algae-heavy tank has been cautioned against the addition of fishes until things have stabilize. This was the same thing I have told you too. Haste makes waste and patience is definitely a virtue in our hobby.

Then suddenly you told me you have added 4 new fishes into the tank, 2 Three-spotted Wrasses, 1 Yellow Wrasse and 1 Blue Tang. This makes the total fishcount to 5, including the existing damsefish that was in the tank during your cycle. You claimed it was for fensghui purposes and it was your girlfriend's parents who advised you to do that. And also you said that the wrasses would help in controlling pests and the tang would help with the algae.

And the worst possible thing a reefer/fish keeper/ hobbyist could ever make - you never acclimatize the fishes. Resulting in the death of the Yellow Wrasse.

And today you said your algae problem has taken a turn for the worst. WHAT?

Let me break things down:

1. Addition of so many fishes would not help your situation at all. Time and time again, we have been telling you to do the same thing - add slowly. You claim these fishes play a vital role in cleaning your tank, but are you so daft that you purposely ignored the fact that every fish adds stress to the bioload of a small tank? This is the reason why your algae problem worsened.

2. You claimed that you were under the pressure of your girlfriend's parents for the addition of these fishes. Let me ask you, are you going to listen to them (who have no experience in reefing) or are you simply going to to the right thing and listen to the seniors here? You have asked and we have given. Yet you still went against it.

3. Not acclimatizing fishes is not only an irresponsible behavior, it is both cruel and sickening. You killed a fish in the process. You are not new in reefing and keeping fishes. This is clearly unjustifiable.

4. Now that you have 4 fishes left in the tank, you said 4 is a bad number for fengsui. My friend, the world turns with or without fengshui.

I truly feel that you have let all of us down, and most importantly, you have let yourself down. We have been giving you the same advice over and over again. I do not know if you just turn a deaf ear or feel that you know better. I do not even want to start on the last incident when you bought a lot of frags from a decomming bro and ended up with a lot of deaths.

Lastly I want to say that you should be ashamed of yourself, because to be directly responsible for a body count when it could have been easily avoided is not ok, because not following advice and coming back asking for help again is not right and because as someone who have guided you a lot in your journey and counted you as a friend, I feel ashamed too.

I am out.

Wtf. Thanks for the update bro.

Didnt know he had been buying fishes and stocking up behind our backs when we spent so much time fiddling with our small keypads trying to guide him.

Not to even mention he's buying zoa colonies from lfses and fragging them up just to sell us at those kind of prices so he can make some money from us..

Sad, it is just sad. End of day, I guess some people are beyond hopeless.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Hey bro's , I sincerely apologise for not heeding the seniors. I know that its too late right now. Ive said this many times, but trust me, i would go for perfection this time. I sincerely hope to receive the forgiveness of all the senior bro's.

Tank and Equipments Used:-

Tank Size: 3x1.5x2

Return Pump: Eheim 1260

Lighting: DE 36 Inch T5 Retrofit 6 x 39 Watts | 5 ATI Blue Plus & 1 ATI Special Blue.

Wavemaker: 1x WP-40 | 1x SUNSUN 5000ltr/hr

Skimmer: BUBBLE MAGUS C7

Skimz ideas FR: Running ROWAPHOS (FEEDER PUMP: RESUN 1000)

Enductor FR: Running NP Biopellet (FEEDER PUMP: AQUABEE 1000)

Chaeto in sump

~ Watching my tank matures and progressing day by day , gives me great satisfactory

Cheers!

• SRC Member

If u are sincere and wanna apologies you would have done so when you had the time to upz ur sales thread...

Im actually very disappointed at what u did with the sps frags and zoa... The price you paid vs what you are trying to sell at is minimally 3 folds!

If u bought a bigger colony i cannot image what you returns are like...

Good luck to you for your time in this "business"... Have fun but please stop ripping others off and give the livestock a chance! At a tender age of 16 u already have this mentality i cannot image how u would be like older...

• SRC Member

Trust is gained, not bought or said...

I suggest u now focus on moving to freshwater and think of better ways to make money there... Do not spoil the quaint environment we have here...

@jxlex bro, i still hope for your forgiveness and all the seniors. I will take this as a steppibg stone and learn from this. I wont make you bros dissapointed agn. I just ask for a chance seek the forgiveness of the seniors

Lighting: DE 36 Inch T5 Retrofit 6 x 39 Watts | 5 ATI Blue Plus & 1 ATI Special Blue.

Chaeto in sump

~ Watching my tank matures and progressing day by day , gives me great satisfactory

Cheers!

I wouldnt dare to sell any livestocks and make profit anymore. Its a painful mistake made. I really cant afford to lose good bros like you.

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

Nope bro. I wouldnt repeat the same mistake. Forgiveness is what i wan to ask for now..

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

Agreed. Respect is earned not given.

So now you're here trying to ask us to forgive you? Your agenda in doing so?

Respect you so you can sell more frags to us?

Oh please.. >.>

Anyway fyi, AQ pple are less tolerant than pple in this forum.

You *expletive* up, I think they cant wait to see you get hit by a bus.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

No other motives . As said earlier. Wont even dare sell frags in future. Once again bros im sorry.

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

Hi Seniors, you all have given him a lot of bricks and a even a bus too. I think it is more than ennuf for a 17 year old kid.For all his intents and purposes, he is but a young reefer.Lets forgive and move on..Cheers,YT.

Agree I believe he never do any super horrible or deathing mistake. Let just move on. Most all of us has a choice to choose who to buy from. Btw staroma you should starting read up yourself and ask less since you don't really follow and listen to so many shi fu & senior here. A lot of information can be easily find online. I believe the senior and your shi fu is angry because of unwillingness to learn all the thing they spend so much effort & time whatapps and pm you to make you understand more.

Im So sorry seniors. I still hope for forgiveness and can we move on and continue refibg hapilly?

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

I agree with Uncle Mike. I think the least some people can do is to accept an apology. All the harsh words. For what? I didn't know being a "senior" means you had the right to speak so condescendingly.

What an utter shame. Being relatively new to the forum myself I didn't imagine that I'd read such rubbish. Yes he's made some mistakes. He can't take them back but he's sorry. What do you want him to do? Are you all really that bitter?

It's not like I'm defending what he did. I'm just trying to insult the way some people try to "act big" and bash a young reefer.

Chill with the harsh words, buy and sell is a 2 way thing.. No people wanna buy, he also cannot sell. Anyway same for his thread. If you all think he don't deserve help, then don't reply the thread.. He mean no harm, just a little entrepreneur gone awry. I believe we all got our fair share in impulsive buys. And I want to believe all those fishes he bought is to help him with his tank though it was the wrong way and against all your advices. But cut him some slack. It's a hobby after all.

No other motives . As said earlier. Wont even dare sell frags in future. Once again bros im sorry.

Bro, life's short. You learn from mistake, apologise and move on. Everyone made mistake.

Prove to everyone your frags are good. No one can stop you from selling here. If the frag is a beauty, I'll be first in the queue.

Speaking of feng shui, in I-Ching, the devil comes from within the heart. Greed is often the one that triggers oneself to walk the wrong path. In a clouded mind, people make mistakes.

Seek knowledge in this period. Wealth doesn't make a man successful. A successful person need not be wealthy.

Thanks bro,sis , but i have to admit that some mistakes had been repeated b4. Thats what that irritate the seniors. I will forget about the selling part and just be a neutral reefer from now. As said, action speakd louder then words. I will do my best to keep those livestocks that i had purchased in the best condition possible. Once again, Apologies. @Kayakkite, Agree on your last sentence . Thanks for the teaching. Hope to learn more if your teachings if possible.

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

Lastly, those mistakes that i have commited, there wont be the next time. Happy Reefing seniors .

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

• SRC Member

I agree with Uncle Mike. I think the least some people can do is to accept an apology. All the harsh words. For what? I didn't know being a "senior" means you had the right to speak so condescendingly.

What an utter shame. Being relatively new to the forum myself I didn't imagine that I'd read such rubbish. Yes he's made some mistakes. He can't take them back but he's sorry. What do you want him to do? Are you all really that bitter?

It's not like I'm defending what he did. I'm just trying to insult the way some people try to "act big" and bash a young reefer.

Please do not take any offense to this sis... Just sharing my mind on a hijacked thread (sorry to TS)...

Im quite sure seniority has no part in this. Seniority in the forum goes by the amount of posts made... It doesn't give anyone any special treatment. Just because i have a higher post count and am automatically given a senior title doesn't dismiss me of my rights to comment, share my thoughts and/or provide feedback. Likewise it is not a good indicator of my knowledge, experience or time either. If holding a senior post requires me to withhold my thoughts and comments, in all honesty i will be glad to donate this "seniority" to anyone else. I for one am not known to keep my mouth shut :P

This is a forum where i believe anyone has their fair rights to voice out. I for one will do so, given the amount of time i spent on and offline communicating with him, i think I've earn some blabbering rights... I have reserved a whole lot of other issues which in my opinion is not in his favor but since its more of a character thing and nothing to do with his reefing hobby, i do not see a point to relate them here.

Everyone that has vented out at him (myself inclusive) has helped him in more ways then one. I dun think anyone is "bullying" him per se. its just that after all we have done, frustrations are inevitable. i hope you can at least see from our little point of view :) i do agree with uncle mike and i think its time we let this issue slide. Given that it was our own self-conscious decision to do so we have no one to blame. However, as much as we are not obligated to help him, there is also no need for us to come back in here to let the whole community know that we have forgiven him either.

As fellow hobbyists, i wish him the best in this hobby and sincerely hope that he will take seriousness in it and understand the importance of preserving these livestocks that we are blessed with obtaining. Big, small, can or cannot swim is still a life. After u cull the chicken, the least respect u can give is to eat it and thank it for providing you with a meal. :)

Anyway, this is his tank thread, lets take this matter offline la... :cheers:

You're right. Everyone has a right to say whatever they want. I won't dispute that. After all, I myself came in here to chap jik kah.

But l was just amazed at how seriously people take themselves. Reprimanding our friend here is one thing. But humiliating him on his OWN tank thread is just uncalled for. Zero discretion.

Oh and btw, I wasn't directing my reply at you. I think it's pretty obvious who crossed the line here.

Anyway. Having said all that, I hope everyone can move on and give this guy a break. His apologizing stamina is quite gao lat.

Let me self introduce, my name is Marc and I am harsh in the face of right and wrong. When you make mistake, Im not the kind of guy who will mince my words just to make you feel better. To me, what for? What's the lesson learnt? Moreover if it is a mistake repeated several times?

Will gao lat sorry stamina after the whole episode help? If that makes sense to you, sorry Im too dense to appreciate.

So if you find my words condescending after apologies, wait till you meet a boss with knives. My feat here is nothing to that.

Moving on, alike bro jxlex, I do earn myself some ranting rights at this thread because the last few days were not the first time I talked about his tank issues to him. In fact, I talked to him offline way before this thread and that thread is still sitting in General Reefkeeping. Much advice was conveyed to him online and offline then and his replies were "sorry here".. "ill do better there" etc etc but up till today, I do not see any progress from him. Best of all, he is fond of asking the same questions many times, each in different setting but similar idea which is why it is not surprising to me that bro. slimymadness will get pissed and exposed the whole saga. 我们不是常说人的忍耐是有限度的?

About his "business" I have no qualms with anyone going to second hand market sell refurbished corals but the least decency is to set your tank right because in case you cannot sell your refurbished corals, you can still keep them.

So if he cannot keep his tank well first, why is he going about buying corals and destroying life?

Like bro . jxlex, I have a clear knowledge of his financial power so with all the wastage in money and life, it is not hard for me not to be angry with him.

Tongue in cheek, acting big towards him is unnecessary. Im naturally big by weight. :P

However acting big because I'm senior to him in this forum is a big mistake on your presumption because I care less what laurels you have but am interested if your laurels size up to your attitude instead.

Attitude is a big thing to me. It defines you and who you are. He is only 17 and if his attitude is that loose by acting the way he did, I cannot imagine him during army.

Sometimes I do miss the old SRC where the old birds dont give you face if you still do the same things wrong. Continue down with same route with persistence, they will give you more than a bus.

(Anyway in case you are wondering where this bus comes from, its from America.)

So in closing, it is the summation of certain fine details that boiled some brothers over in this episode. If he had listened, we should very much be joking in this thread and me buying his corals.

SRC afterall, is a big family.

Good night.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Can someone please switch on the aircon.......chill

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium