clarification on Aussie shipment on behalf of Iwarna.

FuEl

For consumers who are complaining about "elsewhere" I understand where you guys are coming from. Please get the facts right in the first place. Ridiculous amounts of $ has been involved with big shipments in the hope of getting more ssc for local reefers as compared to the cut throat prices initially offered for ssc of questionable origin by a reefer. Auntie has been kind enough to buy over & sell to her regular customers at COST because of the ridiculous pricing.

Recent shipment unhappiness for closed door opening of shipments is due to overseas requirement, ONLY 1ssc colony & 2 small frags were set aside. For our past 3 shipments, we get less ssc from all shipments combined than Pinnacle's shipment. We have been pestering the SAME supplier all the time for ssc but they never give us enough. What can we do if the supplier chooses to be biased/unfair?

I'll leave the explaination at that. Future special shipments will all be closed door as we need to protect supplier source from spies. Invitation for shipment opening is not a right, it's a priviledge earned.

• Like 1

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

for those who went early in the recent ssc shipment, there were ssc being reserved. So comment made was rather unfair to certain extend. just that there was a lot and most who went got their gem. For those spies, if any, low.class.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

I paid 5 digits for the whole shipment in advance. Reservations has NOTHING to do with Iwarna, just to let you folks know.

I just wanted my thai friend to finally be able to get at least 1 colony of SSC. He has been gentleman enough to give priority to local reefers during the previous shipment.

It's my third order and I know the quality of their LPS will not be able to move. Still I went ahead to order a load pf LPS hoping that this will enable reefers here to get more ssc in return. Unfortunately not.

Moral of the story: Does'nt pay to be a samaritan. Everybody only wants the best but no one is willing to get dirty.

Iwarna alway among the 1st to bring in rare and exciting shipment for local reefer. I believe without iwarna alot of the reefer in local hard to get rare and gem fish or coral. They put in alot of effort in searching for source. I believe what the reefer is complaining that during unpack shipment timing regular tend to get the better stuff, those who go on the shipment timing given only left with lesser gem to choose. Maybe what the reefer here hope to has a fair chance to compete and choose during the given timing by lfs. I do like the last arrangement make by iwarna for the aust shipment all has fair chance to choose. But it will be better if we has more gems to choose instead of going into display tank. :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:Hope iwarna will bring in more exciting shipment soon

Just to clarity, the recent ssc shipment was referring to this week. Colonies were already reserved when customers stepped in at 10am. LFSes are running business and it will be hard to please all reefers. One has to accept the fact that each LFS will have their preferred customers and reefers with limited resources have to decide where to place their bet. irresponsible and non constructive comment are best keep to oneself as they can be detrimental to LFS business, especially to newbies who don't know head or tail and just relying on forum review or comment. Moving forward, hope to see objective and factual comment.

for those who went early in the recent ssc shipment, there were ssc being reserved. So comment made was rather unfair to certain extend. just that there was a lot and most who went got their gem. For those spies, if any, low.class.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

Yah la. I like the shark. But wife does not approve of a new tank... Now looking forward to the blue squamosa.

Lol your tank big enough for shark. They can grow quite big. Later all small fishes gone.

• SRC Member

"....Ridiculous amounts of $ has been involved with big shipments in the hope of getting more ssc for local reefers as compared to the cut throat prices initially offered for ssc of questionable origin by a reefer. ...."

Who is this reefer???

Tank size:36"x36"x24"

Return pump" 2x Reef Octo 5000

Skimmer:BK Double Cone 200 on Reef Octopus DC 5500s.

Wavemaker:2xVortech MP40wES

Chemical filtration:1xeducator FR(biopellets)

Chiller:1hp Daikin compressor.

Lighting:2 x Kessil A360we

Auto topup system: JBJ ATO + new jet 1200

Dosing system: Kamoer 3 channel.

Additives: ESV 2 part.

Power consumption

2XReef Octo 5000: 120watts

BK skimmer:50watts

2xVortech wavemaker:70watts

Daikin compressor:775watts

Lighting:180watts

Ato system:21watts

Exhaust fans:16watts

Refugium light:27watts

• SRC Member

Lol your tank big enough for shark. They can grow quite big. Later all small fishes gone.

I proposed to commission a 6ft tank for sharks. But my wife dun approve.. Sian....

Aiy0h....chiong shipment is very fun. Mix and talk with many kind of reefers and exchange ideas and learn from each other. Got coffee to drink some more. Go with a positive attitude and soak into the atmosphere.

AiyOh.... Chiong shipment is very funny.

Cannot get what you want... Complained this , complained that. Reserve for overseas customers , also cannot. More pricy, also cannot. Put aside for preferred customers , also cannot.

Hey, learn to appreciate what ifs bring in. Learn to appreciate and enjoy the company of reefers and the shipment corals ,that are made possible by lfs.

Make chiong shipment , a shiok experience . Look at the positives!

Cheers

• Like 2

• SRC Member

Aiy0h....chiong shipment is very fun. Mix and talk with many kind of reefers and exchange ideas and learn from each other. Got coffee to drink some more. Go with a positive attitude and soak into the atmosphere.

AiyOh.... Chiong shipment is very funny.

Cannot get what you want... Complained this , complained that. Reserve for overseas customers , also cannot. More pricy, also cannot. Put aside for preferred customers , also cannot.

Hey, learn to appreciate what ifs bring in. Learn to appreciate and enjoy the company of reefers and the shipment corals ,that are made possible by lfs.

Make chiong shipment , a shiok experience . Look at the positives!

Cheers

I totally agree Uncle Mike....it make no sense complaining....lfs has their own preferred customers for sure...customers who have patronized them & supported them for long long time.

Other lfs can also start to slowly source & find gem for us who are slow starter and cannot be part of the privilege group.

Cheers all and cool...

-
5x1.5x2ft Tank

5x2.5x2 Full Height Tank

• SRC Member

I chiong the wrong shipment... :blush:

Everyone were crowding at the tank of SPS, yet me and my wife were strolling thru the row of fish tank and ended up buying brain and zoas. ha.h.ah.

I have clarified this issue with our supplier.

Pinnacle's shipment was a very lucky one, as the supplier had just collected on a new patch of reef. This is the first time in years that they get so many ssc. If Iwarna's shipment came 2 weeks later, we would have gotten at least 30 colonies of ssc. But unfortunately we were not so lucky.

So please do not have the impression that Iwarna is withholding gems on purpose just to maintain market pricing. And for reefers hoping for a price war with Pinnacle, it will not happen. Pinnacle has kindly clarified that they have known the same supplier for years but they only imported due to requests from some reefers. So my comment about spies is not referring to them.

Given the present situation on the aussie shipments, we are aware of how small the market is. As such, future shipments from new suppliers will be kept closed to the public until the next working day.

All is well, moderators please kindly close this thread.