Sunset Millie

Just changed water and to my shock , found out my perimeters is out if sync 1. Kh - drop to 6 2. Salinity - drop to 2.012 Before I left 2 weeks back , I could have mixed my salt wrongly, as I was in a rush Good thing nothing major happened . Guess I now know why my green stag browned out , other than direct LED shinning on it . Trying new Red Sea Pro salt , with higher Kh . Now water back to 8

• SRC Member

I"m using D&D Salt with my LED... :) so far so good.... but nowadays rather than weekly WC, it has become once every 8-9 weeks! LOL

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

Just changed water and to my shock , found out my perimeters is out if sync 1. Kh - drop to 6 2. Salinity - drop to 2.012 Before I left 2 weeks back , I could have mixed my salt wrongly, as I was in a rush Good thing nothing major happened . Guess I now know why my green stag browned out , other than direct LED shinning on it . Trying new Red Sea Pro salt , with higher Kh . Now water back to 8

Bro,

You raise your KH from 6.2 to 8 in one go?

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

It was raised to 9 with water change , and dropped to 6+ in the evening / next day

After cleaning and changing my dosing tube ( 2.5 years old ) today and increasing my KH dosing, I managed to stablise it at +8.5 kdh for now

Some corals suffering, especially my leather ( closed ) and some Zoa . Hope Zoa don't melt

Bro,

You raise your KH from 6.2 to 8 in one go?

Be careful, bro. KH fluatation can be very harmful to your SPS and softie.

Others like zoo I not sure

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

I guess my KH reduced could be due to high growth in all my SPS and Monti . Growth seems to have increased especially in the past 2 weeks . But my Purple Valida still not colouring up . Only tips is slightly purple , but not the entire SPS , which I had experience before By the way , can I dose Grotech ABC M directly into main tank ? I'm currently dosing ABC into slump and M directly into main tank

• SRC Member

I guess my KH reduced could be due to high growth in all my SPS and Monti . Growth seems to have increased especially in the past 2 weeks . But my Purple Valida still not colouring up . Only tips is slightly purple , but not the entire SPS , which I had experience before By the way , can I dose Grotech ABC M directly into main tank ? I'm currently dosing ABC into slump and M directly into main tank

i dosed directly into main tank no probs but my dosage is cut in half eg: original calculation is 20ml i dose 10ml A on mon n thurs B on tues and fri C on Wed and sat...and if sun got come back office M 10ml

so far no problem

Last night found out my dosing pump was under-dosing and changed to another channel , and problem resolved . I think the plastic bearing inside the dosing pump was is damaged (. Saw some plastic shaving several weeks ago ) Now kH back up to 9.5 kdh , and can see some of my SPS colouring up slightly , but due to higher KH , some of my orange Yuma not happy !!!!

Last night found out my dosing pump was under-dosing and changed to another channel , and problem resolved . I think the plastic bearing inside the dosing pump was is damaged (. Saw some plastic shaving several weeks ago )Now kH back up to 9.5 kdh , and can see some of my SPS colouring up slightly , but due to higher KH , some of my orange Yuma not happy !!!!

Try to keep KH around 8.3 your sps will be more happy

My KH 14.4 last measured. Sps got a shock but recovering. Mg hit above 1500 but Calcium level balancing out at 430.

All measured with Salifert.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

MG high not that bad. My KH I keep at 8 & MG 1400 above and CA 420. KH high risky for sps bleach too long need very long to colour back or can't even colour back.

Yep. Experiencing that. So working around to feed heavier to let the sps work out better. Testing parameters around.

No effect noticed on softies and lps. Looking to bump Ca higher to 480 or maybe 500.

Testing a new limit.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Yep. Experiencing that. So working around to feed heavier to let the sps work out better. Testing parameters around.

No effect noticed on softies and lps. Looking to bump Ca higher to 480 or maybe 500.

Testing a new limit.

CA I try before above 500 sps colour lose. So best don't try.

If Mg is low, it affects your calcium, you will realize your calcium cannot go beyond 400. Basically it's not about individual elements, it's a balance of everything and stability is the key to success, dun be too particular about certain figures.

banner_9.aspx?id=kraken&t=8

Thanks bro, currently I dont really measure the Mg but KH stay at 8 while CA is at 440...but I still dose all the three elements so I dont have idea what is the value of Mg....any consequences long run?

Mg gets depleted like as of other elements.

U will notice your calcium going down and unable to stay more than 400 after 24 hrs

banner_9.aspx?id=kraken&t=8

Mg gets depleted like as of other elements.

U will notice your calcium going down and unable to stay more than 400 after 24 hrs

That is interesting. Learn something. But KH definetely very critical.

Its good if there is a KH controller then can control KH more stable

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• SRC Member

That is why Mg is one of the big 3, as important as the other 2 big, Ca & KH. Without enough Mg, u will be wondering why the Ca so low, dose in Ca like crazy also no use.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2