Sunset Millie

stage one of Par 38 fixture building .

I'm missing 4x T5 tubes. And it will be install on the flat black surface inbetween the par 38 .

Travelling next week, and will continue my built next week after my return

Senior please hear your comments and any forseen modification I need to have ( thanks in advance )

post-15886-0-18948700-1372515521_thumb.j

that was on my mind as well when I set up, thnking I control individual Par lights from left to right .....but not pratical , and too much cabling and lazyness set in after installing 2nd fixture

I have only 4 plugs . Left side : 3x LED + 2x LED and similar for right side, and additional 2x more for my 4 tubes T5 ( total of 6 plugs )

My wife says I'm too free now a days and she's quitely expecting more to come, especially with more future SPS upgrade / rescape ..... hehe

Just bought 1 red SPS, and it will be my test bed ..... dont worry guys, I'll not use photoshop, and make my finger nails look red too :agreed:

• SRC Member

I still had this strong feeling that maybe 16k would be better for SPS colors. Anyway, juz got my ATI sunpower 6 tubes. Very powerful. But will still keep tabs on LED technology.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

but than again, lightings is just one aspect of SPS colouring . Water condition on my personal opinion is primarly as well

It's a combination of all into 1 systems that will " shine " in great looking SPS / reefing tank

Your using 100% razor LED ? And no T5 combination Maybe I should not use T5 on my light built , all Par 38 Multi colour LED

e6eju7eg.jpg I am using LEDs for 3 months now, Acro when bought, total brown, now luminous green. BN also pinky now.
e6eju7eg.jpg I am using LEDs for 3 months now, Acro when bought, total brown, now luminous green. BN also pinky now.

Your using 100% razor LED ? And no T5 combination Maybe I should not use T5 on my light built , all Par 38 Multi colour LED

I am running 2 x razors in my 5' mixed reef, then again I do not have a lot of sps. Also some 'blind spots' at corners but all is well since I have nothing at the corners anyway.

Posted Image

banner_9.aspx?id=kraken&t=8

• SRC Member

Look promising for razor leds, please update pics again 3 months later as I also experience initial colouring of sps when I uses the mazzara P leds but later took a turn and look more brown. Might be due to the nutrients in the tank though.

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

• SRC Member

thanks Kraken. surely the infos you shared are most helpful as honestly I am still doubtful of sps under leds.... yours, unlike others who talk but no pics, is a good start to ponder into switching from mh to leds. keep us update on your setup.

thanks again.

• SRC Member

Wow the bonsai change from purple to deep blue? Amazing, glad to see more leds hidden dragons appearing.

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

• SRC Member

can't help but see this topic I am using pure LEDs and attached is the top down view of my tank. Unfortunately due to my pregnancy last yr, my tank fell to the side and I simply could not maintain it and I only got back to cleaning it up and taking care of it properly after I gave birth. Lost quite a number of very nice zoos due to the over growth of the Golden cloves. But surprisingly my SPS seem to be alright. My tank somehow seems to be able to bring out blue and purple colors and green. Case still pending for the Red sps I have. hahah

I call my chilli peper monits the towers of mordor :)

Using Ecolamp for this 4 footer tank.

post-12571-0-68373400-1372747694_thumb.j

post-12571-0-15423900-1372747706_thumb.j

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

can't help but see this topic I am using pure LEDs and attached is the top down view of my tank. Unfortunately due to my pregnancy last yr, my tank fell to the side and I simply could not maintain it and I only got back to cleaning it up and taking care of it properly after I gave birth. Lost quite a number of very nice zoos due to the over growth of the Golden cloves. But surprisingly my SPS seem to be alright. My tank somehow seems to be able to bring out blue and purple colors and green. Case still pending for the Red sps I have. hahah

Very nice. Cool don't know ecolamp can bring out so good coral colour.

• SRC Member

+1 for led

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

The cool colours of green, blue and purple from your healthy sps are so amazing.

Aquarium 3 - 250 liters with sump and refugium

Jebao DC 6000 pump with speed controller

Skimz skimmer

AI Hydra 52 HD

Hailea HS-66A (1/4 hp) chiller

Maxspect Gyre

TLF Phosban reactors with Phosban

Tunze nano osmolator

Marine Magic Triplet Dosing

Aquarium 1 - 27 litres

Atman HF-0600 HOB filter

Maxspect Razor Nano 60W (10,000 K)