Ocean Flowerbed - The 31x31x36 (cm) nano tank

• SRC Member

$100 for 3 frags. So it doesn't matter how many "mouths" on one frag. Is that what you're asking? Haha

Yes exactly and thanks for replying. Your tank is my inspiration will be camping here haha

Hello again reefers. It's time for one more post before we have to think about Monday all over again. :(

Updates:

1. Took out my sexy shrimps. It was a two person job! But it had to be done as I found the buggers nipping on the skirting of my zoas.

2. Did some minor rescaping.

3. 2 water changes (in 3 days) later and I finally see signs of diatoms retreating. GOAWAYBROWN.

Time for some pictures of new friends.

Flowerpot gonio. My favourite thing at the moment.

post-22774-13695852235219_thumb.jpg

Golden neon goby from LCK. My favourite colour's turquoise but... I refused to pay $20 for a "neon tetra". So I picked him. Read that they do quite a bit of cleaning up so he's perfect for my small tank.

post-22774-13695860241925_thumb.jpg

And finally, today's FTS. The acrylic cover's unsightly but after my ice probe gets here, I can remove the cooling fan to make it fit better. Thought it'd be better to have a lid in case we get some "superman"s.

And on a totally separate note, the Eheim600 pump is a godsend. The perfect wave maker too.

post-22774-13695862357497_thumb.jpg

Sleep well, reefers!

Hi reefers. Need a little help ID-ing this bouquet of zoas. The person who gave it to me couldn't tell me what it was either.

post-22774-13696709785124_thumb.jpg

In normal T5 light they look completely black with a bright yellow core. Under LED they look kinda purple with a greenish yellow centre.

Any ideas?

Hi reefers. Need a little help ID-ing this bouquet of zoas. The person who gave it to me couldn't tell me what it was either.attachicon.gif http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=195701]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369670980.571802.jpgIn normal T5 light they look completely black with a bright yellow core. Under LED they look kinda purple with a greenish yellow centre.Any ideas?

Looked like mint chocolate chip.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Where you purchased the Green Pipe nozzel (top left pic)? from Eheim?

Anyway Nice Zoas Collection. Many Reefers took many months to collect Zoas. U took only couple weeks! LOL :yahoo::thumbsup:

Hi! Got the Eheim nozzle from C328.

And yeah my zoas family grew kinda aggressively, somehow. Haha. Got lucky with the lobangs. But I heard you've got quite an impressive collection yourself. Hoping to see some of them in my tank in the near future! :)

• SRC Member

Wah that's great I am looking for a good pump too. So u are using 2 return pumps? That is why the need for the eheim nozzle pipe? My apologies for asking so many questions, it's my first attempt at nano tank.

Wah that's great I am looking for a good pump too. So u are using 2 return pumps? That is why the need for the eheim nozzle pipe? My apologies for asking so many questions, it's my first attempt at nano tank.

Nope, just one return pump.

The Eheim600 requires a bigger pipe. And the bigger pipe wouldn't fit into the original hole meant for the smaller, original pump that came with the tank.

So I had to put the green pipe OVER the IOS instead of THROUGH the original hole. Is this confusing? Hahaha

• SRC Member
Nope, just one return pump. The Eheim600 requires a bigger pipe. And the bigger pipe wouldn't fit into the original hole meant for the smaller, original pump that came with the tank. So I had to put the green pipe OVER the IOS instead of THROUGH the original hole. Is this confusing? Hahaha
Your explanation is Crystal clear! I have been thinking how to increase the return flow but can't find more powerful pump with same pipe size. Thanks so much for replying... Looking forward to your ice probe installation :)

Hi pretty, I'm very sure you'll be the next Nano tank of the quarters. Hahaha! Nice tank. Good job!

Tank and Equipments Used:-

Tank Size: 3x1.5x2

Return Pump: Eheim 1260

Lighting: DE 36 Inch T5 Retrofit 6 x 39 Watts | 5 ATI Blue Plus & 1 ATI Special Blue.

Wavemaker: 1x WP-40 | 1x SUNSUN 5000ltr/hr

Skimmer: BUBBLE MAGUS C7

Skimz ideas FR: Running ROWAPHOS (FEEDER PUMP: RESUN 1000)

Enductor FR: Running NP Biopellet (FEEDER PUMP: AQUABEE 1000)

Chaeto in sump

~ Watching my tank matures and progressing day by day , gives me great satisfactory

Cheers!

I can barely keep my eyelids from banging shut but I thought I'd post something anyway. This has become a nightly ritual, almost. Bear with me, as I'm using this thread to chart my personal progress too. :)

Then again... I have nothing much tonight. Haha.

Only one thing. I'm really enthralled by this small frag of red gonio! Brilliant colour.

Got it just yesterday and it's already blooming rather nicely.

post-22774-1369847085216_thumb.jpg

post-22774-13698470952267_thumb.jpg

This was also a gift from a fellow reefer. I'm very lucky to have met a few people ("Decommers", I call them) who were willing to just give away their stuff.

This will be my gonio corner. I'm gonna start collecting them. Such a girl's tank. Haha.

Ok lights off. Get to your rock and sleep tight, reefers.

After a 2-day hiatus, I am back with new developments.

Good morning reefers!

MY ICE PROBE IS FINALLY HERE! After leaving it in for about a day, I came home to relatively chilly water. I don't have a thermometer with me so I'm guessing it's a nice 27-29 DC or so. Buay pai lehhhhhh.

Also, it's much bulkier than I had imagined. But not big enough for me to complain.

post-22774-13701105454979_thumb.jpg

You can see its size in relation to the nano skimmer.

Top view. The fan. If you sit in its direction you'll get a nice little breeze too. Haha

post-22774-13701106068867_thumb.jpg

The temperature controller. Ranges from 18-29 DC.

post-22774-13701107182065_thumb.jpg

An aerial view of some zoas enjoying the change in temperature.

post-22774-13701110991627_thumb.jpg

And finally, today's FTS.

post-22774-13701111549749_thumb.jpg

The bf bought me a nice bouquet of flowers today. In super sun format. :) It's right smack in the middle of my scape. Didn't take a close up because it's not in full bloom just yet. Will get a shot when it opens tomorrow.

Alright it's time to koon. Heading down to Aquarama tomorrow. Anyone else going? See you there reefers!