Ocean Flowerbed - The 31x31x36 (cm) nano tank

Hello Monday once again. How cruel, heavy rain, cold winds

Speaking of change... I used to hate chromis attachicon.gif

Cruel... yes ,reefing is cruel , and it doesnt need a reason to , just like the weather.

One day, the neon goby was swimming happily, the next morning it just became a blown dead bulb. Like rain after the sun shine.

reefing is change..hate to love..like the dirty politician...enemy to friend, as and when

from sps...to softies...static coloured flowers...vibrant moving fishes...

Alpha to Omega... and change back to Alpha..yes..

Waiting for your next post...

your newly acquired sps frags...ocean flower sticks

back to your first luv,

welcome back to the dark side....soon...just embrace it.

yt

• Like 1

Cruel... yes ,reefing is cruel , and it doesnt need a reason to , just like the weather.

One day, the neon goby was swimming happily, the next morning it just became a blown dead bulb. Like rain after the sun shine.

reefing is change..hate to love..like the dirty politician...enemy to friend, as and when

from sps...to softies...static coloured flowers...vibrant moving fishes...

Alpha to Omega... and change back to Alpha..yes..

Waiting for your next post...

your newly acquired sps frags...ocean flower sticks

back to your first luv,

welcome back to the dark side....soon...just embrace it.

yt

Very philosophical take on reefing. Fresh. Thanks Uncle Mike. We should continue to do what we love. Will post a video FTS next time. Or rather... FTV.

• SRC Member

Hi, may I ask are you using the Maxspect Razor nano light? Can it be clamped onto the back of the ocean free 34L tank? My concern is the clamps may be hindered by the dividers in the IOS. Thinking of getting one. Thanks

Hi, may I ask are you using the Maxspect Razor nano light? Can it be clamped onto the back of the ocean free 34L tank? My concern is the clamps may be hindered by the dividers in the IOS. Thinking of getting one. Thanks

Hi. I clamped it to the side of my tank. It's not possible to clamp it to the back.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow reefers!

I've recently started a 34L nano tank and I'm hoping to pick up a couple of tips from you guys. I was warned about how this hobby was a time and money suck. But one day out of nowhere, I ended up at Iwarna and bought an OF 34L IOS tank from Aunty. Now there's no turning back.

I've documented my progress. This is ultimately going to be a zoa tank.

DAY 1 - Live rocks (not very exciting).

Tank1_zps6d86343a.jpg

Here's the scape. Very nicely done up by my patient bf.

I wanted to let it cycle for about a week before introducing livestock but I'm not as patient as I'd like to be.

DAY 3 - Invertebrates, a clown and a wrasse.

Tank3_zpsc5dbd03a.jpg

Wrapped up work and made a trip down to the only marine LFS (that I know of) open after "office hours". Bought a clownfish, a green wrasse, an RBTA, an urchin, cleaner shrimp and a 3-pack of sexy shrimp from Aquamarin. Threw in a starfish and hermit crab (originally from my bf's tank) for good measure too.

Tank4_zpsd73c3ee8.jpg

Here's a sexy shrimp party that the hermit crab crashed.

DAY 4 - GSP wall

Tank5_zpsab2db4cb.jpg

Got myself some GSP and BSI'd it at the back in hopes that it'll bloom into an unstoppable wall of green. Doesn't look very promising here. But I will remain optimistic.

DAY 7 - Operation zoa flowerbed

Tank7_zps6e7877df.jpg

I decided it was time to pile in the livestock. Got myself some zoas, palys, acan, pulsing xenia, coco worm, clam, green octo coral and golden clove. Most of them here are from my bf's tank. Also, a trip down to LCK and the Pasir Ris farms can do wonders. I got a royal gramma, a couple of yumas and a one-dollar clown.

I'm working towards a zoa-saturated top tier. I'll post more pictures really soon.

hi .. bro love your tank . i am a new to this and planning to set up one . can share how much u bought from iwana the tank ? tank look like there are no side silicon joint very nice . sump tank ? tks...

hi .. bro love your tank . i am a new to this and planning to set up one . can share how much u bought from iwana the tank ? tank look like there are no side silicon joint very nice . sump tank ? tks...

Hi bro. Sorry for the late reply! Haven't check this space in awhile. I don't really remember how much is got it for but it's around $120 I think. I have no sump. It has an IOS system at the back! And also, I'm not a bro. Hahaha

• 1 month later...

A LOOOOONG overdue HELLO, reefers!

In case you're wondering, my tank is still very much alive and kicking. Touch wood. Although it recently went through what I thought was a beginning-of-a-crash phase. Here's what happened.

The overflow compartment of my IOS decided to clog itself and this of course restricted the circulation and flow of the water. And in that mere 6-8 hours I was away at work, I lost both my UFO chalice and a blue-green one (I never even knew his name, cry), along with a few frags of SPS and a clam. The water became thick and brown, and slimy crap covered its entire surface. That evening was pretty rough because the situation seemed bleak at best. Haha. But after 2-3 sessions of water change, things got much better. Heng all the fish survived. Especially my black snowflakes.

All this happened a couple of days before my trip to Melbourne. You can imagine how concerned I was before leaving. Fortunately my tank survived nicely the 10 days I was away. Except for the fact that the diatoms decided to throw a massive rave party on every inch of my glass.

But now that I'm back and with the diatoms at bay, things are looking pretty good!

Posted Image

I would say that my radioactive bird nest is the only SPS that can survive in my tank. The rest just gave up on themselves and remained brown.

Posted Image

The blue cest is doing mighty well too! I see new shoots. Always a nice sight.

Posted Image

Recently acquired these giant rics. Well almost anything normal sized can pass off as a giant in my tank actually. But I love these guys.

Posted Image

And I dunno what these gobies are eating but they have developed a rather chubby appearance. Look at that tummy. Worse than my fat cat you know.

Posted Image

Say hello to my new friend! This mimic blenny's name is Storm. And no he's not a fang tooth blenny. This guy evolved to look like them so that predators think these impostors are just as dangerous. Heard that somewhere. And mimic blennies feast on algae so that's GREAT. So so beautiful too.

Posted Image

Now for the sign off. Today's FTS. :)

Posted Image

Goodnight everyone!

erytypar.jpg Sorry, THIS is the FTS. Spaz fingers.
This is a very beautiful nano. Simplicity and yet very colorful. Vibrance in the fishes too.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10