Finally! New place...new tank!

Mellow

• 2 weeks later...

Bye bye bird of paradise that didn't survive the infection. Been difficult to identify actual cause but I suspect it started when I stirred the sand bed and also the major coral collapse. The radioactive birdnest didn't survive also. And interesting, only the birdnest were affected in recent incident.

From a single 2 stalk frag to a nice beautiful colony and now, a bucket of remnants. All in 1.5 years.

post-600-14233788617717_thumb.jpeg

post-600-14233788738379_thumb.jpeg

post-600-14233788818437_thumb.jpeg

post-600-14233789030588_thumb.jpg

post-600-14233789135787_thumb.jpg

post-600-14233789231461_thumb.jpg

"Save a reef, grow your own"

Sorry to hear that. You still have one of the best tank around

Thanks inwear. The only unfortunate thing is couldn't diagnose the problem that caused it.

More space for possible new corals though. Haha.

Sorry to hear that. You still have one of the best tank around

• 2 months later...

Been a while since I've updated. Been struggling a little with hair algae for 2 months after my rather dirty skimmer cup overflowed due to fluctuation in water level.

But glad that with some persistence on siphoning and brushing out affected areas, total black outs for most part of the day except light on period and major dosage of rowaphos, they are slowly clearing up. Realised they are quite persistent on coral branches which had already died off under big colonies post-600-14285826765922_thumb.jpg

My usual clumsy hands knocked down a huge chunk of green and orange digi recently. But glad it happened as I had been too lazy trimming any of them.

Finally additional space for them to regrow post-600-14285829885189_thumb.jpg

Recently acquired purple monti cap that was left in a corner for a while and browned up but decided to revive it with the new real estate. Glued it high up with loads of lighting goodness. Should colour up nicely in a month.post-600-1428583258032_thumb.jpg

Been weird as I haven't really bought much corals except for the occasional drags for quite a while. Quite different from when I first started the hobby where every week sure buy something. Haha.

Feels quite bad sometimes to always visit LFS but not buy any live stock though. The only thing I buy on regular basis is C Balance, premixed salt water and distilled water for top up. Save money I guess

Lovely colors.

Do you have an issue with the Octo stinging the others?

Hi bro, it does burn my monti caps when they grow too close. But I've placed the octo such that it does not touch neighbouring sps unless they grow towards it. Generally it will burn all sps.

Additional random shots of the other softies and less shout about corals.

Red gonio

post-600-14288450342372_thumb.jpg

Red cynarina

post-600-14288451038628_thumb.jpg

Orange lobo

post-600-14288451443803_thumb.jpg

Green trumpet

post-600-14288451692794_thumb.jpg

Lilac rhodactics

post-600-14288452334409_thumb.jpg

Blue discosoma

post-600-14288453015566_thumb.jpg

Red discosoma/green hairy mushroom

post-600-14288454181189_thumb.jpg

Branch octo

post-600-14288454393281_thumb.jpg

Bro mellow,

Everything looks so natural, peaceful and beautiful. One of the best I have seen around without being so overcrowded. The diversity is good, as with the colours. Your wall of GSP is like a green wall and must have taken some time to grow to this state. I don't know if I have said it before but I really love seeing your posts. I commend you for this awe-inspiring masterpiece of art.

Thanks for starting my day with these amazing photos.

Aquarium 3 - 250 liters with sump and refugium

Jebao DC 6000 pump with speed controller

Skimz skimmer

AI Hydra 52 HD

Hailea HS-66A (1/4 hp) chiller

Maxspect Gyre

TLF Phosban reactors with Phosban

Tunze nano osmolator

Marine Magic Triplet Dosing

Aquarium 1 - 27 litres

Atman HF-0600 HOB filter

Maxspect Razor Nano 60W (10,000 K)

AOL 60 litres chiller

Tunze Nano Osmolator

Bro mellow,

Everything looks so natural, peaceful and beautiful. One of the best I have seen around without being so overcrowded. The diversity is good, as with the colours. Your wall of GSP is like a green wall and must have taken some time to grow to this state. I don't know if I have said it before but I really love seeing your posts. I commend you for this awe-inspiring masterpiece of art.

Thanks for starting my day with these amazing photos.

Hi bro, thanks a lot. You have been too kind with your words, though I had my fair share of downs in the last 2 years with this tank too. Glad you have enjoyed reading my posts, though many are so repetitive.