Finally! New place...new tank!

Mellow

The final look of the sump should be like this. But darn. My ATO doesn't work also. The ATO unit itself will light up, my pump works when connected separately but when it is connected via an adaptor to the ATO, it doesn't work. Tried the adaptor and it is also working leh. Will probably buy another adaptor in case the one I have doesn't

connect as well. Anyone knows here to get this kind of head which my ATO unit has? It has to connect to a 2 pin plug for the pumpattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1370877249.866013.jpg?

The final look of the sump should be like this. But darn. My ATO doesn't work also. The ATO unit itself will light up, my pump works when connected separately but when it is connected via an adaptor to the ATO, it doesn't work. Tried the adaptor and it is also working leh. Will probably buy another adaptor in case the one I have doesn't

connect as well. Anyone knows here to get this kind of head which my ATO unit has? It has to connect to a 2 pin plug for the pumpattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1370877249.866013.jpg?

You can get at Sim Lim Tower or any PC shop .This is American plug

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

You can get at Sim Lim Tower or any PC shop .This is American plug

thanks guys for all the troubleshooting tips and help via msg/sms etc. Really appreciate it. Hope to resolve this next time I go to my new place. Keep u guys posted soon

"Save a reef, grow your own"

Compressor unit tested and working fine too. Turned on only for taking pictures since I won't need it now. Save some electricity ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370964300.522483.jpg

Nice, thinking of getting a dedicated compressor for my future home tank too. Mind if u pm me e cost n contact of this setup?

Follow Alex's Reefing Journey @ 

Finally got my ATI lights working. 2 reasons why it wasn't earlier. First was that the polarity was wrong. Orally forgot can change the polarity

with the small plug. Secondly, I changed the voltage as some BRPS suggested... And viola!!!

Mine works from voltage 4.5 onwards. Not sure if my hands are playing tricks, but I thought I felt the fan go faster as I turned the voltage higher? Will be adding liverocks next weekend! Exciting!

• SRC Member

Hi; I often thought the light fan will only kick in if the light set hit certain degrees? No?

I think AI LED is like this; it is thermostat control;

Speed of the fan is base on how hot the unit is.

(-_-) Happy will do ... (o_o)

Finally got my ATI lights working. 2 reasons why it wasn't earlier. First was that the polarity was wrong. Orally forgot can change the polarity

with the small plug. Secondly, I changed the voltage as some BRPS suggested... And viola!!!

Mine works from voltage 4.5 onwards. Not sure if my hands are playing tricks, but I thought I felt the fan go faster as I turned the voltage higher? Will be adding liverocks next weekend! Exciting!

Good for you bro! Yes the fan goes faster with higher voltage and also becomes more audible.

Specs

Return pump: 2 x Eheim 1260 (with 1 pumped to chiller before returning to main)
Chiller: Hailea HC-500A (1/2 hp)
Skimmer: Deltec SC2060
Lightings: 8 x 24W ATI Sunpower T5 fixture
Wavemakers: Vortech MP40, MP10, Tunze nanostream 6045
Additives: TLF C-balance (2 parts Ca and Alk) via Kamoer 3 channel dosing pump; Polyp-lab Reef Resh; FM color elements

Lovely planning and nice write up.

This will be a template for a work model for me when I'm doing up my new place in a few years.

All the best to your setup.

Looking forward to your stocking up.

thanks Kaykay for the comments. Been a really enjoyable journey an hope it will be for u too when the time comes. Will place in live rocks next weekend. Just not update for the time being...

Monday I mean. Anyway, just realised one part of my fish tabk cabinet laminate started to peel. Got Dan to help with it and he immediately responded. Thumbs up for servicepost-600-13719138500139_thumb.jpg

Finally rectified defects at home, including putting up a bronze mirror and guess what, curtains has been changed too coz my ID realise the earlier yellow curtains was different from what was chosen. I'll start posting pictures I my tank actual from Monday onwards liao once live rocks are inpost-600-1371913962205_thumb.jpg

Finally set up my vortech. This is my current configuration but I heard certain settings cause the vortech to wear and tear faster and also that the glass might not be able to handle the stress. Is anyone able to advice which mode is better for sps and also gentler on the hardware like the vortech and tank glass?post-600-13719960801742_thumb.jpgpost-600-13719960985664_thumb.jpg

So far the bubble magus curve 7 skimmer is skimming light coloured green tea but pretty happy with performance, looking at the gunk on the neck, considering nothing is in the tank yetpost-600-13719962348516_thumb.jpgpost-600-13719962457688_thumb.jpgpost-600-13719962557039_thumb.jpgpost-600-13719962724788_thumb.jpg

Decided not to mount the vortech controller but leave it lying on my shelf above the lights but secure the dry side wire in case dry side falls off. The ATI lights are really warm man considering I turned on only for half an hour and was standing in front of it while mounting the vortech.... Or maybe the weather is just insanely warm lately. have also set up all timers already. Left dosing pump to be set uppost-600-13719964568623_thumb.jpg

Good deal for live rocks at T95. $5 per kg. Bought a total of 16 kg of lie rocks today and started to plan my scaping in the floor first to prevent my back from breakingpost-600-13720648280597_thumb.jpgpost-600-13720648392282_thumb.jpgpost-600-13720648476277_thumb.jpgpost-600-13720648589979_thumb.jpgpost-600-13720648681234_thumb.jpg

Toughest part abt partition tank scaping is to ensure it looks decents at all 3 sides. Not forgetting there has to be sufficient clearance for cleaning glass. So rocks were given at least 3 to 4 inches of sand all 3 sides

Let them be life! This is the first of the two islands scaping that I really love when I saw some of the reefers tanks here. I'm hoping for this tank, I'll be able to see more sand and make it feel more open in generalpost-600-13720649913153_thumb.jpg