Finally! New place...new tank!

Mellow

do you know what species of gorgonian that is?

or rather, from which shipment did it originate from.

I'm not too sure but suspect it is probably from Indonesia or Bali. I got mine from ah beng who has ready stocks almost every time I go there, if u are keen to buy them. Maybe next time I see him, I'll help u ask yea

"Save a reef, grow your own"

• Senior Reefer

I'm not too sure but suspect it is probably from Indonesia or Bali. I got mine from ah beng who has ready stocks almost every time I go there, if u are keen to buy them. Maybe next time I see him, I'll help u ask yea

no it's ok thanks. the branches of yours look a little thicker than normal and i thought they were the atlantic species. the bali ones are easy to get.

thanks the reply!

Gruesome plight of my PBT. Finally found it this morning and luckily managed to retrieve it to prevent further ammonia spike. This is what's left after just 2 days missing. So delicate that when I clipped it, the bones were stripped off the flesh. I think good to know also the scavengers in my tank are working welluhegy7eb.jpg

Sorry for your loss.

Don't think it's good.

IMHO, it's better to quarantine your fishes now and leave the tank fish-less for the next 12 weeks.

If you don't follow strict quarantine protocol, it might happen again.

• 3 weeks later...

Also noticed 2 of my monti digis having bald patch appearing and another bald patch (3rd patch) appearing on my green monti cap although the 1st bald patched already recoveredPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Pretty disheartening as all the water parameters are good as of yesterday

happy to see that the white patches is recovering nicely on the 3 montis. Now I'm suspecting if it could also be salt burn after reading about it. Keep fingers crossed it won't happen again and also not some pests feeding on it. Here're the same pieces after a few weeksPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The purple monti digi where the white patch was had now developed into a few new tips :)

Really amazed at how fast this green monti cap grew over 4 months. Already went through a lot for this coral for such a short time... White mysterious patches and all. Grew more than twice its original size since

When I just got itPosted Image

TodayPosted Image

• SRC Member
Sorry for your loss.

Don't think it's good.

IMHO, it's better to quarantine your fishes now and leave the tank fish-less for the next 12 weeks.

If you don't follow strict quarantine protocol, it might happen again.

Waoo your sacavengers did a very good job only after 2 days

Tabling acro lost a bit of colours at the tips but thankfully still growing nicely. Believe it would have been better if placed high up but unfortunately my rock scape is pretty low

BeforePosted Image

TodayPosted Image

That's all for the time being folks. Hope you have enjoyed the pics and good week ahead to all!

Ps: btw, if anyone has nice blue clams to let go, let me know pls. Been looking for one for a while. Crocea or maximas are ok for me. Current 'ultra' ones in the market seem too steep I feel.

• SRC Member

I love the way you place your corals :-)

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

I love the way you place your corals :-)

Thanks bro for the kind comments. It was tough initially due to corals constantly toppling as I didn't epoxy them properly. Still happens once in a while but less frequently now thankfully.

Great pics of the before and after :thumbsup:

Glad you enjoyed the pics bro. Really interesting sometimes to document the growth as I don't think I will notice it since I see them everyday until I compare them in pics