iBox Nano Tank - 8L

Boonboy

• SRC Member

Updates… Week 3…

Spotted some hair algae and diatoms… Hopefully, the anaerobic bacteria has started to build up… Previously added mysis are nowhere to be seen.

1 more week to go before I start to add live stocks…

post-22745-0-86534200-1376143641_thumb.j

… patience …

• SRC Member

Advise Needed...

The tank has cycled for 4 weeks. I believe the zoanthids are getting better (compared with my earlier post). However, the tank is covered with green hair algae.

post-22745-0-86457100-1376666263_thumb.j

post-22745-0-29088100-1376666257_thumb.j

What should I do next? Is it ready for live stock?

• SRC Member

Advise Needed...

The tank has cycled for 4 weeks. I believe the zoanthids are getting better (compared with my earlier post). However, the tank is covered with green hair algae.

attachicon.gifUknownZoa2.jpg

attachicon.gifFTS3.jpg

What should I do next? Is it ready for live stock?

it takes alot of effort to maintain n run a reef tank this small. bigger tank are usually much forgiving n lesser work to be done. all the best to your pico

• SRC Member
tEc" post="1126243" timestamp="1376677678"]it takes alot of effort to maintain n run a reef tank this small. bigger tank are usually much forgiving n lesser work to be done. all the best to your pico
Noted on your advise. Maintenance plan 1. Weekly 15% water change 2. Monthly lime wood airstone change 3. Daily RODI water top up 4. Weekly water test (until the water params stablize) Live stock 1. Soft corals(mainly zoanthid) Anything else I should do?

• SRC Member

Hi bro, clean the algae off the glass and start slowly with a few hardy corals like mushrooms and zoas. Add bactor7 2 drops and bio fuel 1 drop daily. Change 10% water weekly. When corals stabilized and you want to add fish, probably one very small one. Happy reefing!

• SRC Member
Hi bro, clean the algae off the glass and start slowly with a few hardy corals like mushrooms and zoas. Add bactor7 2 drops and bio fuel 1 drop daily. Change 10% water weekly. When corals stabilized and you want to add fish, probably one very small one. Happy reefing!
Thank you for the advice. I just completed a 25% water change (2litres). Difficult to estimate the amount of water due to the small size. I used a magnet cleaner to scrub off the algae off the "glass"(acrylic). Hopefully, it doesn't leave scratches. I threw in some small snails to help with algae on the rocks. Most likely will NOT add fish cause it is so small! Don't want the fish to suffer. Don't think I can "tahan" with a few corals. Currently scheming to add about 5 - 10 frags of Zoas. Ha ha...

Noted on your advise.

Maintenance plan

1. Weekly 15% water change

2. Monthly lime wood airstone change

3. Daily RODI water top up

4. Weekly water test (until the water params stablize)

Live stock

1. Soft corals(mainly zoanthid)

Anything else I should do?

I still feel that a larger volume tank for nano is better. I cannot stand doing WC twice or more a week. My iBox has become like this

post-22563-0-78594400-1376725592_thumb.j

3 months passed and no need to care no3 & po4.

Bought this Zoas from Iwarna now in my nano tank for 3 weeks...

post-22563-0-25971400-1376725898_thumb.j

• SRC Member

I still feel that a larger volume tank for nano is better. I cannot stand doing WC twice or more a week. My iBox has become like this

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

3 months passed and no need to care no3 & po4.

Bought this Zoas from Iwarna now in my nano tank for 3 weeks...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Wah… Nice, I like the planted iBox. Is that some magnet cleaner (top right)? Is it safe to use on acrylic?

The Zoas are even nicer… What is that? Candy Apple?

Well, my backup plan is if it really did not work out on my pico, I will transfer the zoas to my nano (100 litres).

Wah… Nice, I like the planted iBox. Is that some magnet cleaner (top right)? Is it safe to use on acrylic? The Zoas are even nicer… What is that? Candy Apple? Well, my backup plan is if it really did not work out on my pico, I will transfer the zoas to my nano (100 litres).
My Zoas from iwarna $8 I dunno the name...

• SRC Member

Thats eagle eye zoas. :blush:

Tank Theme: Mixed Reef with clams

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Lightings: T5 actinic blue x4 , T5 white x4

Skimmer: BMQQ

Artica 1/5

Dosing: NA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

• SRC Member
Thats eagle eye zoas. :blush:
Nice! Will look out for it.
DIY LED is the way to go for tank like yours. You can try using 6x 3W LED which should be enough for this tank.
Never really DIY anything yet but really interested. Where to buy the parts?

• SRC Member

Updates...

I have just added 10 frags of zoanthids...

Don't really know what are they but they are gorgeous (especially under blue light).

If you could, please help me ID them. Please pardon me for the poor picture quality. Will attempt to post a better picture when I managed to catch them all opened up.

post-22745-0-09664200-1377228969_thumb.j