iBox Nano Tank - 8L

Boonboy

• SRC Member
Stomatella cannot help you with "tall" grass. You might be overfeeding. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Thank you, actually I don't feed as there are no fish or other invertebrates (unless they come with the live rock).

Thank you, actually I don't feed as there are no fish or other invertebrates (unless they come with the live rock).

nutrient leeching from live rocks then? In that case, you just keep giving hair cut then.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

Updates...

1. Did a trimming of the algae today...

2. Changed lime wood airstone and filter wool...

3. Removed 2 frags that was not doing well...

Below is the picture of the frags that has multiplied (can compare with my previous posting).

post-22745-0-78693100-1384088226_thumb.j

Unfortunately, I don't know how to capture with the actinic (blue) lights on... The zoanthids looks best in blue (actinic) lights.

Maybe it's time to frag out your zoas and glue them on new LR without algae..... if not, the algae may overrun and your zoas will have to fight for space to grow baby polyps.
I second that. Those rocks r infested with nuisance algae. Better change to a cleaner LR or use a dead rock. Or u can remove all ur zoas. Take out ur current rock to cook it before reuse it.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Nice.. 8litres. What's the break down of the dimension of your tank?

Dimensions: W180 x D225 x H245mm

The details of the tank can be found at http://www.skimz.sg/products/nano_tank/nanotank_red.html

post-22745-13847811295237_thumb.jpg

4 x 2litres bottle of milk = iBox8.

Ha ha...

• SRC Member

I second that. Those rocks r infested with nuisance algae. Better change to a cleaner LR or use a dead rock. Or u can remove all ur zoas. Take out ur current rock to cook it before reuse it.

Thank you for the advices.

When I bought the rocks, they were cured and did not have any algae. There are another 2 pieces of rocks that is in another tank which were purchased together with these but they remain algae free. As you have rightly pointed out to me earlier, CUC is needed. I am hesitant as I don't want the CUC to suffer in such a small tank.

post-22745-13847817037902_thumb.jpg

Nonetheless I will consider your advices.

1. Frag the zoas

2. Cook the rocks (have to cycle again)

Thanks.

• SRC Member

My suggestion...

1. Place your zoos in your other tank

2. Add alot of rowa to this tank to let it absorb the phosphate while leaving the tank without lights.

If i am not wrong, hair algae will die cause lack of lights while rowa will absorb all phosphate released from the hair algae dieoff and also any phosphate released from the liverock.

3. Wait till all algae to dieoff and phosphate to hit zero and reintroduce the zoos back into the tank.

Not sure if this method will work or not feel free to correct me if it will not.

• SRC Member

Bro, you got use skimmer?

Yes, I am skimming. The NoPox instruction mention that it must be used with heavy skimming.

post-22745-13852885387821_thumb.jpg

Using with OF air pump and Red Sea lime wood air stone.

post-22745-13852886221165_thumb.jpg

Skimate collected after dosing NoPox.

• 2 weeks later...