iBox Nano Tank - 8L

Boonboy

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

After 5 months, I have decommissioned this setup and transferred the live rocks and zoanthids to another tank. The pico tank can work but the effort to maintain is much more than a properly setup bigger tank. As I start to get lazy, water parameter testing, dosing and buffering gets tedious. Growth was SSSLLLOOOWWW...

The conclusion I derive is that if the effort for maintaining 8 litres is the same as maintaining 80 litres... then it would be a no brainer answer to go for 80 litres since you can have more live stock. With more live stock the pleasure and satisfaction is much more (at least for me).

post-22745-0-62390600-1387538774_thumb.j

Thank you for reading. :)

• 1 year later...
  • SRC Member

Thanks... That's my intention. When I went to get the algae, I could not find cheatos or caulerpa. They sell in big bunch! I got 1 bunch of red grapes and 1 bunch of red bamboo. I had no space left!

Ohh yes, it comes with lots of hitch hikers.

Pods, aiptasia, tiny shell creatures, red hair algae(on the red bamboo), purple coralline algae(on red bamboo)...etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

I think your tank looks really unique & interesting with the deep red background! Lots of red macros very nice, the pink cotton candy algae on your bamboo looks gd! 

Nice zoas & mushrooms.. Btw what's your PH levels at night when lights are off? Does it go down with a macro tank?

• SRC Member
I think your tank looks really unique & interesting with the deep red background! Lots of red macros very nice, the pink cotton candy algae on your bamboo looks gd! 

Nice zoas & mushrooms.. Btw what's your PH levels at night when lights are off? Does it go down with a macro tank?

Thank you for the kind words.

Btw, that's a red monti (not mushroom).

Honestly, I did not measure the PH.

When the lights go on, the algae pearls.

It really surprise me to see that the golden cloves grew 4 more polyps from 5 originally within 1 month. I notice Fire & Ice zoa is also growing new polyps. On the flip side the aiptasia is multiplying too.