iBox Nano Tank - 8L

Boonboy

• SRC Member

Hi bro is your sg 1.018 to 1.019 my set at 1.023 has been cyc for 2 week tomorrow going to change water 50%. Sunday adding fish going to sea life at jalan bukit merah blk 107.

Is Sea Life in Bukit Merah? I had thought its Balestier.

Never been to that lfs. Any feedback on their quality and price?

Is Sea Life in Bukit Merah? I had thought its Balestier. Never been to that lfs. Any feedback on their quality and price?
They shifted to bukit merah.
  • Like 1

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member
nice little setup.keep us updated with pics! i have a old tank exactly same to urs will setup when i have some extra cash.. u planing to keep corals or fish only? cheers jack happy reefing!
I am planning to keep soft/easy corals. (Maybe zoa garden) Experimenting with a DIY ATO. Yes, will post more pics.

• SRC Member

Updates...

Don't seem to be fully opened after 1 day. Maybe my lights are not strong enough.

post-22745-0-38334300-1375620510_thumb.p

Full Tank Shot

post-22745-0-74229100-1375620579_thumb.j

Temp: 26.5 degree celsius

Salinity: 1.020

Will start testing for Ammonia, Phosphate, Calcium, Carbonate, Nitrate & PH with my API reef master test kit after 2 weeks...

• SRC Member

My last decomm tank 2011 Red Sea max 130attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Nice! Red Sea Max 130D… Previously, was quoted about $1k...

Bro your sg low set between 1.023 to 1.025 or lighting not strong last lighting I use 4pc t 5

Okay, will up the salinity when I change water… Looking to buy a 2nd hand LED light but none small enough for my 18cm x 18cm...

Bro i dont think can get 2 hand led lighting for super nano tank 8 lit try madpetz ask ken. now i m using jbj led lighting. led bulb total 90pc blue 30 pc white 60pc , I send you picture of my lighting tonight when i reach home, Super nano tank club@@@

Thank you for the precious words...

Okay, I will try…

What was the problem? Water Param?

I failed with 3 attempts for marine as most of the times water gets dirty too easily as fishes like clownfishes poo a lot. Even I do WC twice a week they still got ich and died. The next 2 attempts keeping only a fish or no fish also failed. So keeping grass alike water plants plus tetras using ADA soil and so far 3 months no WC and only top up water. All fishes ok and plants growing well.

I still determined to keep nane reef tank and started this with a list of equipments:

45cm x 20 cm x 20cm tank

Boyu skimmer

Small Overhead Filter

Beamworks LED lightings

Successfully keep my platinum clowns for 1.5 months with once a week WC.

post-22563-0-67495100-1375672645.jpg

Coral like zoas not doing well, so change lightings as beamworks stand gets rusty easily and getting higher power overhead filter. So now added LR and bubble tip anemone with new lightings.

post-22563-0-67894000-1375672752.jpg

• SRC Member

Bro i dont think can get 2 hand led lighting for super nano tank 8 lit try madpetz ask ken. now i m using jbj led lighting. led bulb total 90pc blue 30 pc white 60pc , I send you picture of my lighting tonight when i reach home, Super nano tank club@@@

Wah… that is a lot of LEB bulbs… So total how many watts? (e.g. 1 pc = 1 watt, you will have 90 watts)

Actually, I am searching for "LumenAqua Mini 30 (2 Blue & 2 White)". Hopefully, it is small but bright enough for my super nano...

• SRC Member

I failed with 3 attempts for marine as most of the times water gets dirty too easily as fishes like clownfishes poo a lot. Even I do WC twice a week they still got ich and died. The next 2 attempts keeping only a fish or no fish also failed. So keeping grass alike water plants plus tetras using ADA soil and so far 3 months no WC and only top up water. All fishes ok and plants growing well.

I still determined to keep nane reef tank and started this with a list of equipments:

45cm x 20 cm x 20cm tank

Boyu skimmer

Small Overhead Filter

Beamworks LED lightings

attachicon.gifmy-nano2.jpg

Coral like zoas not doing well, so change lightings as beamworks stand gets rusty easily and getting higher power overhead filter. So now added LR and bubble tip anemone with new lightings.

attachicon.gifmy-nano1.jpg

Salute your persistence...

You must have many clownfishes to have so much poo… I thought yellow tang is the ultimate poo maker!

I believe soft corals (zoas) are more sensitive to carbonate hardness (dKH) & PH. They also have lesser tolerance (compared to fishes) for nitrate and phosphate.

Maybe you like to test these water params and let the senior reefers here enlighten us on what to do in a nano system. :)

• SRC Member

45cm x 20 cm x 20cm tank

Boyu skimmer

Small Overhead Filter

Beamworks LED lightings

attachicon.gifmy-nano2.jpg

attachicon.gifmy-nano1.jpg

BTW, is your lights the cherry aqua i-nano? Is it good? How much is it?

BTW, is your lights the cherry aqua i-nano? Is it good? How much is it?

Got it from Fresh n Marine at $140. Good for zoas, mushroom and bubble tip anemone. Been using 3 days but not as intelligent as my Maxspect Razor as you cannot program the light as when power up using timer plug, it will perform auto sunrise mode for 15 mins and then set a constant setting which so far my corals and anemone are doing ok. The sunset mode does not perform as timer plug just cut off the power.

• SRC Member

No JBJ nano tank 8g complete set came with led light.

Wah… very worth the money….

Got it from Fresh n Marine at $140. Good for zoas, mushroom and bubble tip anemone. Been using 3 days but not as intelligent as my Maxspect Razor as you cannot program the light as when power up using timer plug, it will perform auto sunrise mode for 15 mins and then set a constant setting which so far my corals and anemone are doing ok. The sunset mode does not perform as timer plug just cut off the power.

I am guessing the timer for CherryAqua is external (not within the light set). I feel that you cannot compare with Maxspect cause the price is heaven and earth leh…

Wah… very worth the money….

I am guessing the timer for CherryAqua is external (not within the light set). I feel that you cannot compare with Maxspect cause the price is heaven and earth leh…

Well it does not have a build in controller so the white and blue lights mostly manually control except u power it up and let it run, it will have 15 mins sunrise effect and then fix at a setting which i am quite comfortable with. But I really like the lights because not many metal as the previous beamwork led holding stand keep rusting and stain my tank. The negative side is the touch control u dunno which level of lightings it is set currently. It always starts at maximum level of 30 then all the way down to 0 and then back to 30.

• SRC Member
Well it does not have a build in controller so the white and blue lights mostly manually control except u power it up and let it run, it will have 15 mins sunrise effect and then fix at a setting which i am quite comfortable with. But I really like the lights because not many metal as the previous beamwork led holding stand keep rusting and stain my tank. The negative side is the touch control u dunno which level of lightings it is set currently. It always starts at maximum level of 30 then all the way down to 0 and then back to 30.
I believe not many people is using this light set. Maybe you can write a product review about it.