400G SkyReef Odyssey

dunkuboyz

Some pictures of the sump.... Still deciding whether to put in sand into the sump or just to leave it with LR's and Chaetos... Just ordered my Orphek PR 72 for my Refugium!
Bro, from your pic, the FR is fed by gravity?

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

It's currently day 14 cycling the tank.... Either there's something wrong with all the test kit or the LR's are that heavily inoculated with denitrifying bacteria that the cycling process is almost complete??.... Nonetheless, I'm still going to do a 20% water change and will cycle another 2-3 weeks

The first picture was NO2 test done the day before yesterday and the second was a repeat today

post-5638-0-95269900-1376322168_thumb.jp

post-5638-0-78283600-1376322182_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

Anyone tried dosing these??

I've dosed it for 2 days now. Turned my skimmer off for 5 hours after dosing.

I am using both. But somehow the microbacter caused slime algae.

The biofuel works great if Phosphate and NO3 are balanced, ie. it will not work if PO4 is very low and NO3 is high.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am using both. But somehow the microbacter caused slime algae.

The biofuel works great if Phosphate and NO3 are balanced, ie. it will not work if PO4 is very low and NO3 is high.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for the insight. Sorry for the naivety.....but what do you mean when you say 'works great'? Is the mechanism of action similar of that of dosing vodka or using biopallets?

Try using salifert or DD test kit. For the agale try getting more clean crew to remove don't change your rowa so fast. Get sea hare, sea urchin or abalone. After they help yo remove montior to see agale grow.

yeah.... will probably get additional test kits... I have Nitrate D-D test kits...but we ran out of Nitrites.

The thing about cleaning crews are they actually physically removes the algae...but the problem is phosphates.

can't wait to get my refugium lights so I can encourage algae growth there rather then in the DT

Anyway, would it be too early to add more cleaning crews? don't really wanna stress them out this early.

Finally got my Neptune Aquacontroller set up. Still can't really avoid that unsightly wires crisscrossing.

What gadget you got the apex computer?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Bro, finally start your big project ah??

When invite me over to view your tank??

you still owe me Roti Prata. hahaha

hah... I see u still got your RM becket skimmer! It's worth every penny of it this long.

Come over anytime.... still cycling, nothing much to see...

Hey, I'm back in Sg every month....catch up then....need to go hunting too!!

What gadget you got the apex computer?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I've got main Apex aquacontroller set. On top of that, an extra PH/ORP module, WMX module and the Conductivity module. As for probes, I have 2 conductivity probe (one for back up), 2 PH probe (one for the sump and the other for Ca reactor), 1 Temperature probe and 1 ORP probe.

I also got 2 sets of the tunze wire connectors to control my Tunzes.

The controller is physically set up, but the fine settings are yet to be tuned to my tank needs... So far, I must say, LOVING EVERY BIT OF IT!

Would you mind please sharing why choosing apex over reef angel controller? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Well, to start of with, I did consider reef angel and also aquatronica. For me, the choice between reef angel and apex was obvious. I'm not a techy person. The setup of Apex is for tech dummies like myself.i would not have benefited abit from reef angels ability to write codes. I've also read so many horror stories on the set up of reef angel controllers. Apex, on the other hand fulfills every single need of mine. In terms of flexibility, there really isn't anything else I need controlling. When you talk in comparison with Aquatronica, I wasn't impressed with their support team. I emailed them 3x... THREE TIMES, and got no reply from them.... Apex, I get a mail back within 24hours of each and every enquiry mail I sent them. The support's great! Also, aquatronica has no control over both vortechs and tunze's... On, the Apex, I can control both wavemakers! Price wise, Apex is cheap and good. Dollar for dollar, I would still choose Apex! I bought my Apex before it arrived in Singapore. Currently, I'm stuck with a US EB8 power bar... Still trying to crack my head on how to use it. That's my only 'headache' :)