400G SkyReef Odyssey

dunkuboyz

• SRC Member

Anyone knows if this pressure is enough??....or what the optimal pressure should be?

mine is at 60. Took me around 30over hrs for rodi 5stage to fill up 600l..

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk2

Nice tank, and great to see you sharing your build here. May I know what brand of valves you are using?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Nice tank, and great to see you sharing your build here. May I know what brand of valves you are using?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks!... Well, I learnt a lot over the years from this site among others.... It's nice to share. Besides, we're just a causeway apart!

I'm using a mix of Taiwan made MEFCO and Japan made TGC valves. The Japanese made valves very much more expensive. Thus, I use it on the higher pressured pipe flows.

• SRC Member

big project ! its really exciting :eyebrow:

| Display : 48x30x22 Skimmer : SK-201 skimz

| Sump : 30x24x18 Wavemaker : 2x RW-15 , 1x RW-8

| Cooling : 1HP titanium drop in coil ATO : JBJ

| Lighting : ATI Sunpower 8x54w + 48x cree xte royal blue Return : Jebao dc-6000

| Dosing : Jebao dosing pump [ CaCl2 + NaHCO3 ] Pump :

| Reactor : FSZ Z160 zeolite reactor & phosban 150

| System : ZEOVIT

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

:wub: >><< :wub:

In goes the LR and salt.....
140kgs of LR in total.... designed into 2 islets.... based on one of my favourite dive site in Thailand 'Hin Daeng-Hin Muang' which means Big Rock, Little Rock. It's a cleaning station in d middle of the ocean marked only by a buoy. During low tide, you'll be able to see wave ripples over the surface of one of the rock.... love it!

post-5638-0-95821600-1375804499_thumb.jp

post-5638-0-47823700-1375804520_thumb.jp

post-5638-0-10004200-1375804547_thumb.jp

post-5638-0-15176600-1375804566_thumb.jp

post-5638-0-19476600-1375804604_thumb.jp

Can anyone using MP60wES explain to me why my MP60 detaches and the dry side actually falls off after a couple of hours?? It happened to me twice... Thank goodness, it's still working...
I had to anchor the cables to the return piping just to make sure it doesn't fall off even if it detaches.

post-5638-0-64991600-1375805035_thumb.jp

If mp40 and mp60 are designed similarly, then the drop off might be due to your glass too thick or you didnt adjust the cover on the dry side to the correct slot which reflects the right thickness of the glass.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Yes, u need to adjust the spacer on the dry side according to the correct thickness of your tank's glass. If not the magnet won't be strong enough to hold on to the wet side.

• Like 1

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

If mp40 and mp60 are designed similarly, then the drop off might be due to your glass too thick or you didnt adjust the cover on the dry side to the correct slot which reflects the right thickness of the glass.

Yes, u need to adjust the spacer on the dry side according to the correct thickness of your tank's glass. If not the magnet won't be strong enough to hold on to the wet side.

Well, the spacer were of the right thickness. I tried using a thinner spacer, but the vibration and noise it produce were just wrong. I guess it takes a while to stabilize. The thick spacers were rated to up to 13mm.... and the medium spacer thickness starts fro 16mm onwards... I wonder what's in between....:)