My newly upgraded 4.5 x 2 x 1.5 shallow tank

Mokyc

Very nice tank Mok ! Well done la :thumbsup:
Thanks Bro Cedric. Your comments really motivate me. Most of the sps in the tank were those healthy frags from you and still keep growing. Also thanks to advise you gave whenever I message you. Cheers!

Very nice tank.... No easy task transferring to a new tank... It's probably worst then shifting house... No easy feat! Very easy to mess things up during the transition period. Great job!! n' congratulations!!
You were right man bro. You have to start work one week before that to get ready pails, container and tubs to hold the live stocks and rocks. You also need to have prepare spares power heads for these LS and live rocks. Also, make order with Iwarna for 300L of DI water to be delivered. Started work on the nite before the actual day. First decom the skimmer and the two FRs. Get them wash so that can pass to a nice reefer who bought the whole package including tank, sump, cabinet, razor led , skimmer, two FRs and chiller. After that, off chiller and return pump. Without delay, quickly pump the tank water into the ready containers followed by transferring the live stocks and rocks. This took me at least 3 hrs. Finally new tank cum cabinet arrived. Quickly with tank maker help, shift out the old tank and shift in the new set. After 4 hours, pipings completed and come the DI water from Iwarna. Added DD salt, checked SG and top up 50% of existing old water to reduce shock to the live stocks. Allowed run in for another 4hrs into the nite before putting back live stocks and rocks early in the morning.Suffered some casualties though but luckily only some common zoas and a few frags. Later late afternoon, the chiller man came to install the compressor cum drop in coil. That complete the whole excercise. Besides good planning and co ordination, you need a reliable tank maker, chiller installer and supplier, in this case Iwarna who delivered timely otherwise schedule will be screwed up. Is really a back breaking operation but good experience. Cheers!

• SRC Member

You were right man bro. You have to start work one week before that to get ready pails, container and tubs to hold the live stocks and rocks. You also need to have prepare spares power heads for these LS and live rocks. Also, make order with Iwarna for 300L of DI water to be delivered. Started work on the nite before the actual day. First decom the skimmer and the two FRs. Get them wash so that can pass to a nice reefer who bought the whole package including tank, sump, cabinet, razor led , skimmer, two FRs and chiller. After that, off chiller and return pump. Without delay, quickly pump the tank water into the ready containers followed by transferring the live stocks and rocks. This took me at least 3 hrs. Finally new tank cum cabinet arrived. Quickly with tank maker help, shift out the old tank and shift in the new set. After 4 hours, pipings completed and come the DI water from Iwarna. Added DD salt, checked SG and top up 50% of existing old water to reduce shock to the live stocks. Allowed run in for another 4hrs into the nite before putting back live stocks and rocks early in the morning.Suffered some casualties though but luckily only some common zoas and a few frags. Later late afternoon, the chiller man came to install the compressor cum drop in coil. That complete the whole excercise. Besides good planning and co ordination, you need a reliable tank maker, chiller installer and supplier, in this case Iwarna who delivered timely otherwise schedule will be screwed up. Is really a back breaking operation but good experience. Cheers!

:bow: Salute! Don't think I can achieve such great coordination if it was me.

2 Feet Tank: (Decom Feb 2015)
-Lightings : Pharos LED light 90W with wireless controller
-Chiller : Arctica 1/10HP with H2Ocean Flow Pump 2000

-Wavemaker : Vortech MP10ES
-Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC 3.5

-Return Pump : Eheim Compact 3000
-Reactor – TLF150 (Mod) with NP Biopellet
-Reactor – TLF150 with Rowaphos

I thinking of doing something similar, must ask u for advise next time. Cos I'm thinking decomm, sell off LS, then start all over again. Very time consuming...lol.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

:bow: Salute! Don't think I can achieve such great coordination if it was me.
Bro JeffL, thanks for your kind words. Am sure you can do better.
I thinking of doing something similar, must ask u for advise next time. Cos I'm thinking decomm, sell off LS, then start all over again. Very time consuming...lol.
Bro Admiratian, no problem. We can share our views and do things better. Cheers!

Sorry. I mean how is AI light.? Enough coverage?
Yes, bro, definetly enough coverage for 4 feet. But mine is 4.5 ft. Still no issue because I can raise higher for more coverage. As it is now, I am only using 80 to 90% light intensity. Love the light as it allows manual setting for different coloured LEDs. Besides, easy to use and programme.

I'm still amazed. You must have orchastrated the whole procedure in your mind over and over and over again before the actual day. It's still an amazing feat. A lot of courage and confidence on your side. Will have lots to learn from you.

• SRC Member

you can apply for logistics and supply chain for your coordination skills... good job

I think he should organise the 2014 NDP :)

2 Feet Tank: (Decom Feb 2015)
-Lightings : Pharos LED light 90W with wireless controller
-Chiller : Arctica 1/10HP with H2Ocean Flow Pump 2000

-Wavemaker : Vortech MP10ES
-Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC 3.5

-Return Pump : Eheim Compact 3000
-Reactor – TLF150 (Mod) with NP Biopellet
-Reactor – TLF150 with Rowaphos

you can apply for logistics and supply chain for your coordination skills... good job
I think he should organise the 2014 NDP :)
Thanks Bros. Actually I literally rehearsed the process and write the various steps so that I do not miss out anything. Decom in a systematic manner as to which equipment to shut down first. Cheers!

nice tank bro (think we share same tank maker. he was showing me ur tank quite some time back before this thread started). BTW what is ur ai setting?
Bro, I just simply adopt the default auto setting but play around with the % intensity. Currently set all to 80% except the white, red and green at 40%. All corals looks happy at the moment. Will try the manual setting when time allow. How about yours?

• SRC Member

Bro, I just simply adopt the default auto setting but play around with the % intensity. Currently set all to 80% except the white, red and green at 40%. All corals looks happy at the moment. Will try the manual setting when time allow. How about yours?

same auto settings blue priority. going at 70% for all the 3 blues and 58% for the white red and green (tip from reef depot). i really lazy to try manual especially since i haven't change the controller power head (kinda loose)....if accidentally disconnect for too long all setting just revert back to default zz.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

FTS one year later

Posted Image

Left side

Posted Image

Centre

Posted Image

Right side

Posted Image

Montis are my favorites, include green, red, green with purple rim, peppermint, purple, galaxy, chilli pepper, Dino, and rainbow.

Live stocks

I YT, 2 green chromis, I blue reef chromis, I barrier reef chromis, 1 vandabilt chromis, 1neon dotty back, 1 orchid dotty back,1 red dragonet, I red spotted dragonet, I agael blenny, I yellow wrasse, several sands dollar and sand stars.

Hope you guys like it. Give me your comments, pls.

Thanks for viewing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1