Need some help!

My tank is quite smelly now and it has polluted my room with the smell of the live rocks, Any good recommendation on how i can remove that smell ?

I've also bought a Dophin C1600 canister filter, looks like its quite strong for my tank. Its making my tank full of tiny air bubbles.. is this normal or do i need to get another filter?

Also i've gotten myself a sunsun wave maker JVP-201power 12W and output 6000L/H . Whenever i on it, my fishes cant really swim much and its making those tiny air bubbles from my filter to move rapidly around the tank and it will become quite blurry. Any advise on what i should do next?!

Submerged the rainbar under the water surface. Have it point up to agitate the water surface

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Submerged the rainbar under the water surface. Have it point up to agitate the water surface

Have what to point up to agitate the water surface?

Aim and achieve.

• SRC Member

Have what to point up to agitate the water surface?

Aim and achieve.

I thnk what he meant is to submerge the spraybar below the waterline and rotate the tube so it creates a flow across the water surface.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk2

I thnk what he meant is to submerge the spraybar below the waterline and rotate the tube so it creates a flow across the water surface.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk2

I dont think I can rotate the tube its hanged onto the brim of the tank. The most I could do now is to submerge 80% of the tube .

Aim and achieve.

• SRC Member
My tank is quite smelly now and it has polluted my room with the smell of the live rocks, Any good recommendation on how i can remove that smell ? I've also bought a Dophin C1600 canister filter, looks like its quite strong for my tank. Its making my tank full of tiny air bubbles.. is this normal or do i need to get another filter? Also i've gotten myself a sunsun wave maker JVP-201power 12W and output 6000L/H . Whenever i on it, my fishes cant really swim much and its making those tiny air bubbles from my filter to move rapidly around the tank and it will become quite blurry. Any advise on what i should do next?!
Is your tank cycled? A fully cycled tank shouldnt have any smell at all. I will advise u to seek help from expert if u dont know how to set up a marine tank.

Your tank is still consider new and stuffs on the LRs are dying off thus the smell .

You can spot any sponges turning black on the LRs . Scrape them off .

You got fishes inside the tank already ?

There are some white stuffs found on the rocks.. not sure if its algae or what

Aim and achieve.

Remove The rain bar .

Once you aerated the main tank with rain bar, your main tank becomes the skimmer. There will be fouling.

Protein are attracted to air bubbles hence forming occurred.

I see. So what do I have to do now. Get a skimmer?

Aim and achieve.

Get a skimmer. To be effective, It's better to over size the skimmer, as sooner you will start to fill your tank with more corals and fishes.

If you don't have a chiller, under hot weather with temperature ranging above 30 degree Celsius, some corals may start dying and fouling may occur again.

Get a skimmer. To be effective, It's better to over size the skimmer, as sooner you will start to fill your tank with more corals and fishes.

If you don't have a chiller, under hot weather with temperature ranging above 30 degree Celsius, some corals may start dying and fouling may occur again.

Alright, i'll get one asap.

• SRC Member

Seems you are new to marine fish tank. please read up on the articles here regarding new setups. or have kopi with the experienced bros here to learn. No point wasting $. Rain bars are not suitable to marine as the spray will generate salt creep. start a marine tank the recommended way and you'll have less headaches (less burn on pocket too).

• Like 1

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

Unless the rainbar is glued to the elbow, else you should be able to rotate it at the joint of the elbow to the bar.

Submerge the rainbar and rotate to angle it slightly upwards so that agitates the surface water.

This should solve your problems with the bubbles.

Then add Carbon into the flow circuit and it should remove your problem of smell, as well as make the water look clearer.

• SRC Member

from the pic and the forming from the rainbar (btw why use rainbar) and the cloudiness in the tank. Plus the fact of the smell. I will say you water is not good. Stinking rock smell is like smelly fish smell. BTW, amonia has a stinking smell as well.

from the pic and the forming from the rainbar (btw why use rainbar) and the cloudiness in the tank. Plus the fact of the smell. I will say you water is not good. Stinking rock smell is like smelly fish smell. BTW, amonia has a stinking smell as well.

Unless the rainbar is glued to the elbow, else you should be able to rotate it at the joint of the elbow to the bar.

Submerge the rainbar and rotate to angle it slightly upwards so that agitates the surface water.

This should solve your problems with the bubbles.

Then add Carbon into the flow circuit and it should remove your problem of smell, as well as make the water look clearer.

If I dont use rain bar what should I use ?

Aim and achieve.

just elbow down into the tank lo

just let it flow, or buy a "rotating wavemaker and attach to the outlet", i dont really remember the name but i can picture later what it looks like :)

Like that?

Aim and achieve.

post-22943-13763640901737_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

Like that?

Aim and achieve.

maybe beta to extend the pipe down into the water then the elbow. This way you reduce the salt spray as well as bubbles. but the advantage for the current set up is that it cools the water and maybe create better current.

maybe beta to extend the pipe down into the water then the elbow. This way you reduce the salt spray as well as bubbles. but the advantage for the current set up is that it cools the water and maybe create better current.

I'm unable to remove the L shape thing lol. the current now is quite strong, so i offed my wavemaker haha.