Need some help!

• SRC Member

Whether you use with or without the rainbar, your water outlet needs to be below water level.

This will prevent saltspray and bubbling.

If you are unable to extend or change the pipe such that it goes below water level, then add a combination of elbow-pipe-elbow, to make it go below. Or you can also raise the tank water level higher to submerge the outlet.

Whether you use with or without the rainbar, your water outlet needs to be below water level.

This will prevent saltspray and bubbling.

If you are unable to extend or change the pipe such that it goes below water level, then add a combination of elbow-pipe-elbow, to make it go below. Or you can also raise the tank water level higher to submerge the outlet.

After submerging the rain bar, my water now has lots of white bubbles/foam on top. lol is it normal?

After submerging the rain bar, my water now has lots of white bubbles/foam on top. lol is it normal?
Seems like its still e foaming effect similar to skimmer due to e excess protein. Perhaps it will go away after cycling.. Btw where did u get e rainbow piping.. Did it come with e tank?

Follow Alex's Reefing Journey @ 

Seems like its still e foaming effect similar to skimmer due to e excess protein. Perhaps it will go away after cycling.. Btw where did u get e rainbow piping.. Did it come with e tank?

All the piping came with the the canister filter. May I know what's the cause of the smelly smell that's polluting my whole room? Really need to cure it asap :(

Aim and achieve.

• Sponsor

perhaps you can try doing a water change for the tank and adding in a good quality activated carbon charcoal to remove any further smell from the tank water. Another culprit might be air that is sucked into the canister. somehow, and the air gets trapped in the canister itself and is released back into the main tank. is your canister making any gurgling noise?

As for your room, for the time being until your tank water issue is resolved, maybe you can try those dehumidifiers/ moisture absorbent like "Thirsty Hippo" to absorb moisture and smell from the room?And no please don't spray any air freshener in the room... the residue will get in your tank.

Hope your tank problem gets solved soon.

58a02f8d-dbb1-4838-9742-880f7da0a4f5_zps

One-Stop Reef - Bringing Reefing to You

Online Shop retailing high quality marine aquarium products and equipments and competitive prices with Free Delivery* 7 days a week including public holidays at no extra cost!

Online Shop: www.OneStopReef.com

email:onestopreef@gmail.com

Facebook: www.facebook.com/OneStopReef

Contact for sales enquiries: +65 92338034

All the piping came with the the canister filter. May I know what's the cause of the smelly smell that's polluting my whole room? Really need to cure it asap :( Aim and achieve.
The cause of the smelly smell is the presence of ammonia like what many reefer has mention earlier. U can remove chemically by using activated carbon like rowacarbon but that will defeat the purpose of cycling the tank. U need ammonia source. U can remove biologically by adding bacteria source.... If I am you, I will save money by just waiting it out. After the ammonia, then u still need to wait for the nitrite cycle.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

The cause of the smelly smell is the presence of ammonia like what many reefer has mention earlier. U can remove chemically by using activated carbon like rowacarbon but that will defeat the purpose of cycling the tank. U need ammonia source. U can remove biologically by adding bacteria source.... If I am you, I will save money by just waiting it out. After the ammonia, then u still need to wait for the nitrite cycle.

I've added some bio mature bacteria and but still not much changes.. Will the smell go away once it has 0 ammonia? Seems like the water is in such a bad condition to produce such a stinky smell Lol.

Aim and achieve.

• SRC Member

It will take a while for the ammonia to break down .( ANN cycle)

I am still a newbie in marine but from the numerous threads that I have read, I know 1 thing for sure and that is in Marine ,there is no such thing as instant start up .

Patience is the most important.

While you are at the cycling stage , research , research and last but not least research .

• Like 1

30 to 40 days

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

It will take a while for the ammonia to break down .( ANN cycle)

I am still a newbie in marine but from the numerous threads that I have read, I know 1 thing for sure and that is in Marine ,there is no such thing as instant start up .

Patience is the most important.

While you are at the cycling stage , research , research and last but not least research .

30 to 40 days

just realise, you do not have any skimmer?

Nope the I haven't get a skimmer.. Those ppl at ah beng shop told me if I'm just keeping a few fishes there's not a need for skimmer.

Aim and achieve.

• SRC Member

Nope the I haven't get a skimmer.. Those ppl at ah beng shop told me if I'm just keeping a few fishes there's not a need for skimmer.

Aim and achieve.

tell u wat la...i pass u 1 hangon skimmer la. i will say beta be safe then sorry.

• SRC Member

If the bubbles are coming out from the rainbar, then like another reefer mentioned, likely air is being sucked into your canister or piping, creating micro bubbles in your outlet stream.

You would have to investigate where the leak is and fix it.

If it is foaming caused by normal water agitation, then likely your protein level is currently too high. Skimmer would solve it.

As for the smell, it should go away after this cycle is finish and major water change done.

But if you really really cannot bear with it, use Activated Carbon to get rid of it.

Good luck:)

If the bubbles are coming out from the rainbar, then like another reefer mentioned, likely air is being sucked into your canister or piping, creating micro bubbles in your outlet stream.

You would have to investigate where the leak is and fix it.

If it is foaming caused by normal water agitation, then likely your protein level is currently too high.  Skimmer would solve it.

As for the smell, it should go away after this cycle is finish and major water change done.

But if you really really cannot bear with it, use Activated Carbon to get rid of it.

Good luck:)

Is it necessary to do a major WC after the cycle? Can I just leave the water thr after the cycle and just add fishes in?

Aim and achieve.

You need to do 50% water change after cycling

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• SRC Member

May I know what will happen if I don't change the water n just put the fishes in? I

Aim and achieve.

simple, ur water will may have a spike in N02 or ammonia. at least do some WC still beta for buffering incase of spike. but again parameteres like how many livestock u going to introduce and the kind of bioload, etc etc.

simple, ur water will may have a spike in N02 or ammonia. at least do some WC still beta for buffering incase of spike. but again parameteres like how many livestock u going to introduce and the kind of bioload, etc etc.

Okay. When I do WC can i buy salt water and just pour them In after I remove like 20% of my tank water? 1st

Aim and achieve.

i still prefer salt mix instead of buying water.

Salt mix means I mix the salt with the water first den I pour it in right? Or I add water to the tank.. Then add salt?

Aim and achieve.

Google nsw vs salt mix... Should answer most of your questions...

For your own benefit, better start a new thread if u have questions... This thread will get u no where...

Alright thanks :)

• SRC Member

Salt mix means I mix the salt with the water first den I pour it in right? Or I add water to the tank.. Then add salt?

Aim and achieve.

easier way and safer to control the mix is 2 or 3 pail. mix 1 pay if too salty dilute with the other pail. but there is also instruction on mow many litre to grams of mix.