Lemon's 2013 new build

yikai

• SRC Member

After reading 12 pages of this thread, i m very impressed..nice DT n refugium aka nano tank..interesting fish, shrimp n coral u have..ur photos are crystal clear n nice..anymore updates till now?..

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

as requested, FTS of my nano/refugium. 

nothing special, just very simple scaping with some soft corals and small LPS. some macro algae here and there.

Very nice looking refugium cum nano tank. Been wanting to do this setup as well but hesitating. Looking at yours makes me jumping to start.

nice and sharp picture of the fishes.. What setting are you using ?

Have a video of ur tank with all the fishes??

|| Tank: 5x2x2.5 || Sump 3.5x1.5.1.5 || Lights: DeLighting 2x80w Aquable Special T5 ||

|| Return: 2 x ehiem 1264 || Skimmer: Skimz SM251 ||

|| CR: deltec denitrator || ATO with custom make reservior tank||

|| FR: TLF running Rowas ,UV ||

|| Wavemaker: Jebao RE20& RW15|| Chiller: Daikin 1HP Compressor ||

|| Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor ||

• SRC Member

Nice zebra tang & colorful acans u have!!

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• Senior Reefer

nice and sharp picture of the fishes.. What setting are you using ?

Have a video of ur tank with all the fishes??

thanks!

i'm using a nikon D5000, 105mm lens. for these pics they were shot at iso 800, speed 125 F8. i used fill flash.

no video or fts! the corals are healthy but still fighting some algae from NTS.

:yeah: WAH...ZEBRAaaa !!! :eyebrow:

it really does look like a zebra!! the face especially. very horse like!

Nice shot :) what camera are you using ?

nikon D5000, 105mm lens.

Nice zebra tang & colorful acans u have!!

thanks!!

• Senior Reefer

i am overwhelmed with excitement. i have never felt this excited for a fish for a long time! i have been waiting anxiously for the past week for the arrival of this very special fish.

i'll skip all the boring details. if you want to know more, here's all the information compiled nicely with many pics. http://reefbuilders.com/2013/10/31/incredibly-rare-cirrhilabrus-hybrid-rvs-fishworld-lands-iwarna-aquafarm-singapore/

it's a hybrid fairy wrasse.

• SRC Member
thanks! i'm using a nikon D5000, 105mm lens. for these pics they were shot at iso 800, speed 125 F8. i used fill flash. no video or fts! the corals are healthy but still fighting some algae from NTS. it really does look like a zebra!! the face especially. very horse like! nikon D5000, 105mm lens. Thanks bro i try to set mine i have the same camera but lens i will check again thanks!!

• SRC Member

i am overwhelmed with excitement. i have never felt this excited for a fish for a long time! i have been waiting anxiously for the past week for the arrival of this very special fish.

i'll skip all the boring details. if you want to know more, here's all the information compiled nicely with many pics. http://reefbuilders.com/2013/10/31/incredibly-rare-cirrhilabrus-hybrid-rvs-fishworld-lands-iwarna-aquafarm-singapore/

it's a hybrid fairy wrasse.

:big_boss: I thought U have outgrown your obsession with WRASSEYs... :eyebrow:

• Senior Reefer

:big_boss: I thought U have outgrown your obsession with WRASSEYs... :eyebrow:

i have.

i am very selective when it comes to Cirrhilabrus now. Only a few species excite me, and those are the ones that have not entered the trade before. I cannot pass up on a hybrid!

• Senior Reefer

Hmmm...

you have the lunatus, cf.lanceolatus, and their hybrid. I see where this is going! haha!

We should be expecting some squirei or claire or maybe some johnsoni?

i do not have that lunatus anymore.

i have switched my cirrhilabrus collection as such. 2 females, 1 submale pintails and this alpha male hybrid. adding anymore males will probably disrupt the dynamics. i try not to allow this hybrid to be anything less than terminal. although maybe adding more pintails will allow enough subjects to allow a 2nd male to emerge. but i don't think i want so many fairies in my tank.

almost all the regular cirrhilabrus do not interest me anymore, but mostly because i've kept them before or they are not interesting to me.

squirei and johnsoni are gorgeous but similar. the former remains exclusive to cairns marine and is very expensive. johnsoni on the other hand, has dwindled down to irregular collections and proves to be rare and expensive. i can't afford squirei and i can't keep johnsoni with my current stock.

the only other species i may consider keeping is C. brunneus and/or C. marjorie. Brunneus is rare but obtainable from RVS, and can mix well with my pintail complex harem in my display. marjorie is common now and cheap, but i have always loved this species since the beginning, and will consider keeping it again in my smaller attached tank.

claire is way too expensive, but one is coming next week for another reefer. no prizes for guessing. i will however, be taking pictures. this would be the second time i've seen claire in real life and i tell you, it's amazing. one of the most unique of cirrhilabrus.

there are still many fairy wrasses that have not entered the trade, and will shake the reefing world one day when they eventually enter the market.

• Senior Reefer

Seems like no wrasse can escape your fingertips!

Harem of 1male and 3 females?

out of the 60+ that arrived, only one was male, and it was DOA.

this species is very sensitive. They don't ship well, and take a while to adapt. after some die offs, these were the 4 remaining. all females.

they are not easy to feed as well. being so small, they only eat tiny food particles. mine are, after 2 weeks, starting to eat small pellets and broken pieces of mysis shrimp.

out of the 60+ that arrived, only one was male, and it was DOA.

this species is very sensitive. They don't ship well, and take a while to adapt. after some die offs, these were the 4 remaining. all females.

they are not easy to feed as well. being so small, they only eat tiny food particles. mine are, after 2 weeks, starting to eat small pellets and broken pieces of mysis shrimp.

Ah!

I saw the photos you posted for Dr Tanaka...

I guess from now onwards it should be rather easy to feed since they've established their first bites.

I'm guessing they are, like all other wrasses, protogynous hermaphrodites?

• Senior Reefer

Ah!

I saw the photos you posted for Dr Tanaka...

I guess from now onwards it should be rather easy to feed since they've established their first bites.

I'm guessing they are, like all other wrasses, protogynous hermaphrodites?

yes protogynous. can change from female to male.

but unlike cirrhilabrus, i don't know if minilabrus has an initial phase male stage.

not all wrasses are born female. some wrasses are born females while others are born males that look like females. these are called initial phase males. these female looking males are sub-class and swim together with females, dominated by the alpha male. sometimes they sneak up and co-spawn with the alpha male to snatch females.

so when the alpha male is removed or dies, the next most dominant female or IP male will develop and take over. in the case of IP male, no sex change is required. just development and enhancement of colors. for females, a sequential sex change is needed.