Blacklisted LFS

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest clubfish

Hi All,

As i know of Most of the LS & LR come from Farm Mart (wholesale to many ppl in the market). I saw lorry of LR once and later collection van with address from Cavan Rd, Sambawang, etc etc.

Once the LR was out of stock, they make the price go up from 5 and now 10.. remember.

Do not deal with a young Ah Lian and punky hair style guy. Only deal with O man. Better price

• SRC Member
farmart management is going bonkers, they charge $0.50 to enter the marine shop! there is usually nothing much except for button ployps or common corals

It was 50 cents like 3 mths ago..

But they say they will refund if you purchase any LS from them..

• SRC Member

I condemn that shop as the young guy with spiky hair insisted that you can only keep liverocks with metal halide and chiller.

when I said I have successfully keep them under FL + fans with growing coralline, he said .. ohh since you are so great then why still come and buy liverocks?

<_<

• SRC Member
I condemn that shop as the young guy with spiky hair insisted that you can only keep liverocks with metal halide and chiller.

when I said I have successfully keep them under FL + fans with growing coralline, he said .. ohh since you are so great then why still come and buy liverocks?

<_<

I think we just take comments from LFS with a pinch of salt.. Afterall we still need to buy from them.. Unless you dealing with coral trading..

Just play along with them, act stupid and bargin!

;)

Been to farmart a few times and their prices are really quite exp compared to the rest of the shops. They quoted ridiculous prices sometimes and appear not very interested in doing your business like that. I ask for a piece of coral once and the uncle and punky hair guy quote different prices for the same coral. When i ask to confirm again, they themselves quote a different price from their very first one.

I always get my LS cheap at Farmart. They dun like me, but who cares? I always Bargin & Bargin... or you tell them... I have this in my tank now, Bought it at X price. :D

Just return from Farm Mart, The spiky hair Ah Beng when In Camp traning, So chit chat with Mr. Lee the owner.

He told me his stock (about 50pcs) of Elephant Ear is coming next week. So he told me to look for him or his daughter. Cos, i complained to him that Ah Beng over charge people on the price.

LR charge at S$8/kg from uncle and daughter (Ah Beng Charge S$10-12) hahahahaha

SaBo Ah Beng, anyway nobody like him.

:evil:

• SRC Member

Maybe that beng pockets the extra he charges.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

I was quoted last year by one of the Ah Beng in r@inb#w S$1800 for a 2 ft sump, and that was without any media!! He must had thought that I am an idiot when he quote me that price. After that incident. I told myself that I'll never buy ANYTHING from them again even if the price for that item is same as other place. Maybe they are using starphire glass to built sump tanks!!!

wow...

$1800 for a 2 feet sump?

i think he must have got the price wrong

$1800 can fund a whole 2 feet tank, inclusive of a sump

Don't think he got the wrong price, more like trying to con me. When I question him about the high price, he even tried to justify it by saying how good their design are etc etc.....

I purposely took out a pen and paper to note down the specifications and price and told him that I am going to a few more stores to compare prices before commiting. On hearing this, his attitude changed immediately and became very rude.