Tunze 9004 DOC Skimmer

Jameshong

Any bros here is using this Tunze 9004 Skimmer ?

I am tempting to buy one for my nano tank so anyone using this skimmer please share your experience here.

Some good review at reefcentral

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20910994

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

I am using it. A lot of micro-bubbles. Its been annoying for me because it was placed inside my nano tank.

Saw Tunze USA, Roger mentioned about insert a foam under the outlet to eliminate the micro bubbles during the break in time. Did you try it?

For the skimmate wise, very promising but I prefer dry so possible to get dry one instead of wet?

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

yes I put foam/wool below, but there are escapees on sides.. its 1mo now but have not remove the foam yet... did they say must take out after brak in?

I think dry can but have not tried yet, any difference if dry or wet? I feel dry is more hard to clean?

He said :"the foam tends to clog and become a real chore, surface skimming stops and the skimmer slows production until the foam is cleaned." so must do periodic cleaning the foam.