KenYee's 3 2 2.5

kenyee

• SRC Member

Hi Everyone, my tank was commissioned on 23rd June 2012. Its a second hand tank bought @ Pasar Malam. Many changes and upgrades in setup, equipment, scaping, etc along the way till now. Definitely I have faced difficulty in term of keeping livestock. Till now there was 2 catastrophes. Nearly the whole tank was wiped out. The survivors are my Blue Tang, Brown Tang, Scooter Blennies, Leopard Wrasse and Bubble Anemone. I suspect its due to Ich and parasites when I introduced in Powder Blue Tang for the 1st catastrophe and Juvenile Blue Face Angel for the 2nd catastrophe. Lesson learnt along the way was to buy QT fish that eat pellets b4 introduce into DT. Do not overstock and overfeed.

Specs of my FOWLR:

Tank dimension: 3ft x 2ft x 2.5ft (12mm glass)

Centre overflow to sump (25mm pipe)

Skimmer: Bubble Magus BM150

Return Pump: Jebao DC6000

Supply to Fluidized Reactor with NP reducing BioPellets

Sump Tank with 14" by 17" DSB refugium, Live BactKing, Carbon and Cheato

DT Light: 900mm LEDs 14.4W (8hr everyday - 2-10pm)

Sump Light: Rainbow LEDs 2.1W

Wave Maker: 2 X Jebao WP25

Chilled by 2 computer fans (DT) and a 8.4W twin fans blower (Sump)

Temperature: 27-28.5 DegC

ATO: Astro 500 pump timed to run for 1 min everyday at 7am

Some pictures of my tank

post-21547-0-08277700-1382006228_thumb.j

post-21547-0-65217100-1382006253_thumb.j

post-21547-0-74442300-1382006272_thumb.j

My Sump

post-21547-0-12617300-1382006288_thumb.j

My DT cooling fans

post-21547-0-22628700-1382006480_thumb.j

My Humble FOWLR..Thanks for reading..

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

• SRC Member

But u r already running fr with np pellets. So still need refug? Maybe can monitor no3 with either option and see how.

I have a 3ft fowlr too, much more fishes than u, running np pellets wout refug. Feed 3 times a day and still OK.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Nice fowlr tank.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

agree on the rockscape haha :thumbsup: your skimmer sweeswee just fit in nicely the cabinet :goodjob:

| Display : 48x30x22 Skimmer : SK-201 skimz

| Sump : 30x24x18 Wavemaker : 2x RW-15 , 1x RW-8

| Cooling : 1HP titanium drop in coil ATO : JBJ

| Lighting : ATI Sunpower 8x54w + 48x cree xte royal blue Return : Jebao dc-6000

| Dosing : Jebao dosing pump [ CaCl2 + NaHCO3 ] Pump :

| Reactor : FSZ Z160 zeolite reactor & phosban 150

| System : ZEOVIT

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

:wub: >><< :wub:

• SRC Member
But u r already running fr with np pellets. So still need refug? Maybe can monitor no3 with either option and see how. I have a 3ft fowlr too, much more fishes than u, running np pellets wout refug. Feed 3 times a day and still OK. Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Ok bro..check how many fishes u have? I have always wanted to add in more..but i sort of like big fish so hard to have so many in my small tank..haiz

@ 291213

• SRC Member

Fish eye photo is I use Gopro hero 3 take 1..

For the wave maker, I find it quite strong le..must point my wp25 upward abit to prevent sand storm..plus I find wp40 the size is too big for my tank..

@ 291213

Fish eye photo is I use Gopro hero 3 take 1..

For the wave maker, I find it quite strong le..must point my wp25 upward abit to prevent sand storm..plus I find wp40 the size is too big for my tank..

Ok so it's the ultra wide lens. How does this camera perform compared to the Polaroid XS series? Can PM price?

• SRC Member

Bro cutebarra77, nice fishes u have..I got watch ur video b4..the mirror in the tank is a innovative idea..check how u keep ur AT le?

the mirror idea was from my army buddy who 'poisoned' me into this awesome hobby.

if you are asking abt keeping AT ich free, what works very well for me:

- Buy from reliable LFS

- Fowlr easier to control the salinity in DT at 1.019 or 1.018.

- Feed them well and stress free.

- A lot of literature on using UV and garlic. I'm not totally convinced but still, I have been practicing them.

- Good water quality; I will siphon away the dirt at the bottom. But my 2 x tunze did a decent job to circulate the bottom to ensure the fish poo are not trapped at dead spots. Bare bottom tank has this advantage.

- water change (2 large red pails full) every 2 weeks. I am using tap water with Nutrafin Aqua Plus and H2Ocean salt

My project is very simple. Once fishes outgrown my tank, sell or give away. Then replace with new cool fishes.

Right now, AT, Naso, Kole and Regal are replaced with Flame Angel, Small Queen Angel, Coral Beauty, Possum Wrasse, small Regal and Moorish Idol.

a bit over crowded though, but they are doing very fine.

:) :) :)

• SRC Member

I would love to have a AT in my tank..but worried its hard to keep..I dun have a bare bottom tank..so I can really keep the bottom clean without creating a sand storm..check any way to do it..thks

@ 291213

• SRC Member

I would love to have a AT in my tank..but worried its hard to keep..I dun have a bare bottom tank..so I can really keep the bottom clean without creating a sand storm..check any way to do it..thks

if I am in your situation, just be very hardworking to siphon out any dirty matters on the sand bed every 2-3 days.

maybe can also consider assembling a sand bed crew of sea cucumbers and Nassarius snails to clean up unconsumed food.

• Like 1