BB Used Setup

Boonboy

• SRC Member

Whats ur water parameters

Only check the salinity is 1.025.

Week 5 - still no coralline algae on the dead rocks yet. The zoas are not doing well(not opening up). GSP is most hardy (so far).

post-22745-0-35866200-1388905636_thumb.j

post-22745-0-88296300-1388905881_thumb.j

Tempted to add a frag of SPS...

• SRC Member

Oi feel sad for those LS. They will take the bullets and suffer.

Well, I have done to the best of my ability to go through proper cycling. Hopefully, I would have reduced the suffering to the minimum or none.

Happy to update that so far the live stock seems to be fine. Clowns, Tang & wrasse eating well. SPS with full polyp extension(PE). Clam has attached to the rock. GSP seems to be multiplying (was told it may become a nuisance). Most of the zoanthids are okay except 2 frags that did not open fully.

Stocking slowly...

• SRC Member

Very Neat Setup bro.!

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

Updates for week 6...

Checked the ALK before water change and was shocked to find out it was only 5.7dKH. (No wonder the zoas did not open fully) After water change it was increased to 7.0dKH. Now I am buffering it to 8.0 - 9.0dKH.

Salinity 1.025

• SRC Member

More live stocks...

Clean up crews & filter feeders...

1 x Astrea/Trochus (don't know how to tell the difference)

post-22745-0-85352700-1389451939_thumb.j

1 x Nassarius (was told it is a turbo/turban)

post-22745-0-57634500-1389452061_thumb.j

1 x crocea (~4 inch)

post-22745-0-97065200-1389451863_thumb.j

Calcium only 390... Buffering up...

Blue tang seems to be bloated as it indulge on the algae...

post-22745-0-27062000-1389452516_thumb.j

Moved the frag of SPS to the top...

post-22745-0-25397500-1389452599_thumb.j

FTS

post-22745-0-95590300-1389452562_thumb.j

• SRC Member

clams need mature tank so there's enough food for them in the water column.. seeing your tank is only 1 month+ old im afraid it might not be able to sustain your clams.

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

• SRC Member

You added some many LS still say stocking slowly? 4 fishes & a clam!

Ha ha... Yup... Not so slow after all... Initially, I intended to add them in 1week interval... Probably the next batch of live stock will be > 1 week later...

clams need mature tank so there's enough food for them in the water column.. seeing your tank is only 1 month+ old im afraid it might not be able to sustain your clams.

You are right to doubt that there may not be sufficient food for a 1 month old tank... I had tried to improve the tank by using water from a mature tank during the first 4 weeks of water change(weekly). I had also added some Algagen Tisbe pods to seed the tank. Hopefully, the Vega could provide sufficient "food" for the clams. Do you think I should target feed Algagen smoothie (Oyster delight) to the clams?

• SRC Member

Updates...

Added some dead rocks to the refugium. Hopefully, it will come to live and house some copepods.

post-22745-0-37434700-1390007923_thumb.j

Also noticed that the tip of the SPS will be exposed during water change. Concluded that the return pump compartment volume is lesser then water change volume so I need to off the return pump resulting in display tank water level going down.

Advise for all: design a return pump compartment that can hold more water then what you want to change so your return pump can keep running during water change.

Updates...

Added some dead rocks to the refugium. Hopefully, it will come to live and house some copepods.

attachicon.gif http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=208530]image.jpg

Also noticed that the tip of the SPS will be exposed during water change. Concluded that the return pump compartment volume is lesser then water change volume so I need to off the return pump resulting in display tank water level going down.

Advise for all: design a return pump compartment that can hold more water then what you want to change so your return pump can keep running during water change.

Dun worry abt sps been exposed during WC, in the wild during low tide, they r exposed to even longer periods without seawater. It will be fine.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.