Do you switch off your wavemaker at night?

kohanson

Do you switch off your wavemaker at night?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you switch off your wavemaker at night?

If yes, why? I understand that the ocean has continuous flow but will the flow from the wavemaker affect the fishes or corals sleeping at night? Need your views please! Thanks!

Tank: 3.5ft x 2ft x 1.5ft, 12mm

Sump: 3ft

Skimmer: Bubble Magus Curve 7

Lightings: Maxspect 15000k

Return Pump: Eheim 1252

Wavemaker: Jebao WP25, Jebao RW-8

I don't switch it off...simply too troublesome

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

I don't switch off my wavemaker as well. It should be fine with coral and fish as i'm only a 2 feet tank but i got 2 wm (1 x Mp10 and 1 X Conch basic 10) blowing creating turbulence flow and my occupant are all living happily.

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

IMHO, Ocean current and tide vary from day to night so reducing the current flow at night in our tank will be good for fish to rest. But off wave maker will be a No for me... :rolleyes: !

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

I think the main components that affect the ocean current should be affected by the tidals (2x a day), the world ocean current flow (there is certain pattern affected by the earth rotation, temperature), and also the weather.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thank you bros again for your kind advise. Think the answer is clear and I will continue to operate my wavemaker. Thanks!

• SRC Member

My wp40 goes into night mode at lights off. What i switch off is the return pump. on only 11a to 9pm.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk 4

Wah bro..switch off return pump mean switch off skimmer oso?..no return pump n flow will deplete oxygen in DT..like to ask ur tank specs n brief intro or pics of ur tank..thanks alot..

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

• SRC Member

Wah bro..switch off return pump mean switch off skimmer oso?..no return pump n flow will deplete oxygen in DT..like to ask ur tank specs n brief intro or pics of ur tank..thanks alot..

his dt will have oxygen because his wp40 is running but in night mode ( lower flow )

i switch on everything 24/7 :thumbsup:

| Display : 48x30x22 Skimmer : SK-201 skimz

| Sump : 30x24x18 Wavemaker : 2x RW-15 , 1x RW-8

| Cooling : 1HP titanium drop in coil ATO : JBJ

| Lighting : ATI Sunpower 8x54w + 48x cree xte royal blue Return : Jebao dc-6000

| Dosing : Jebao dosing pump [ CaCl2 + NaHCO3 ] Pump :

| Reactor : FSZ Z160 zeolite reactor & phosban 150

| System : ZEOVIT

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

:wub: >><< :wub:

My tank is 4x2x2.5. I called it anemone tank :) 1 pair of percula living in magnifica, 1 pair of clarkii in neon bubble, pair of skunk in purple tip. Also have rbta and carpet. Other fishes are naso, yellow, blue tang, picasso trigger, hawkfish,goby and pair of mandarins. Btw, i also dont have a skimmer! I like it all natural using sump with dsb, chaeto and lr.

• SRC Member

My tank is 4x2x2.5. I called it anemone tank :) 1 pair of percula living in magnifica, 1 pair of clarkii in neon bubble, pair of skunk in purple tip. Also have rbta and carpet. Other fishes are naso, yellow, blue tang, picasso trigger, hawkfish,goby and pair of mandarins. Btw, i also dont have a skimmer! I like it all natural using sump with dsb, chaeto and lr.

Salute bro.. u dun have chiller oso?..

How long u have maintain ur tank like this le?.. Pls share ur successful story with us..

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

My tank is 4x2x2.5. I called it anemone tank :) 1 pair of percula living in magnifica, 1 pair of clarkii in neon bubble, pair of skunk in purple tip. Also have rbta and carpet. Other fishes are naso, yellow, blue tang, picasso trigger, hawkfish,goby and pair of mandarins. Btw, i also dont have a skimmer! I like it all natural using sump with dsb, chaeto and lr. Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk 4
Wa bro, whats your maintenance schedule like? Weekly water change?