Harlequinmania

• SRC Member

Wow, you bring back hope on leds....

Cheers,

James

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

• SRC Supporter

My daily dosing schedule includes the following ;

Grotech Part A - 25 ml per day

Grotech Part B - 25 ml per day

Grotect Part C - 25 ml per day

Concentrated Mgcl + Mgso4 - 25 ml per day

I did not follow the full dose of the grotech addictive , but started with 50% so that i can monitor and see the result slowly. The reason why i prefer to use smaller 1000 ml bottle instead of big bottle for dosing is because if in the event of a dosing pump failure or going hea wire, and running non stop, it could be a disasters to our tank when thing get over dose seriously. Especially so if the equipment is from a country which we are familiar with equipment failures lolz..

i regretted following strictly the usage instruction on the mg media in m y CR and as an result, my mg level is always failing, so i have to manually top it up weekly before i started dosing. Fortunately, this is the only part of the 3 which i need to dose weekly. I also notice that when i am able to maintain the mg level in the tank at around 1400 - 1500, coraline algae begin to spread like wildfire. Previously, i had a hard time getting the coraline algae to growth despite using all the coraline algae growth stimulative addictive.

1620886_852280081449965_8981641248383294

• SRC Supporter

Bought a second hand Ozonizer from a fellow reefer here and tested it out.

10616642_852280138116626_229889157411710

Just to share a trick which i learn from a friend here. Next time if you would like to check the clarity of your tank water if it turn yellowish or tinted , just simply scoop a cup of your tank water using a clean white cup and observe it under white light, this would be able to help you check the clarity of your tank water if carbon is needed or it need to be replaced ect.

10676352_852280178116622_289248173950759

• SRC Supporter

Wow, you bring back hope on leds....

Cheers,

James

I think LEDs is no longer new in the industry anymore even for SPS keeper. Comparing to the old school LEDs which we used to have before, now when we have better full spectrum leds with green, red and UV bulbs ect to match the spectrum of MH or T5 lighting . However, the down side of it which i feel is that there is no recommended setting yet from any LEDs manufacturer how we can tune / adjust the leds to match exactly the spectrum that the coral desire for or to match those of the spectrum of those good T5 tube ect. We can only now try and error and share with one another in order to see which is the best setting.

• SRC Member

Super nice powerful tank and coral loh.

How i check the clarity of the water is put an open book on one side of the tank and go read it from the othrr side... if you cant see the wordings, then it is either the water or the glasses need to be changed...

子非鱼,焉知鱼之乐... (you are not the fish so you...)

Then: my 4FT low tech selling off tank... (2006)

Now: (2014)

@Sept 2014

• SRC Member

I think LEDs is no longer new in the industry anymore even for SPS keeper. Comparing to the old school LEDs which we used to have before, now when we have better full spectrum leds with green, red and UV bulbs ect to match the spectrum of MH or T5 lighting . However, the down side of it which i feel is that there is no recommended setting yet from any LEDs manufacturer how we can tune / adjust the leds to match exactly the spectrum that the coral desire for or to match those of the spectrum of those good T5 tube ect. We can only now try and error and share with one another in order to see which is the best setting.

Hi, can share your setting for hydra52? Thanks.

I just went thru the entire 25 pages .. Vert patient n detailed set up.

Main Tank: 93 Gallon Cube Tank
Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455, Skimz Mini SN143
Chiller: Arctica DBA-075
Lightings: AI Hydra 52 x 02
Wavemaker: Vortech mp-40 x 02, Tunze 6020
Dosing Pump: Jebao with Grotech ABC,123 & Mag
Return Pump: Deltec H20cean 5000
Reactor: Biopellets with FR & Deltec H20cean 2000

FR: Skimz BR80

Supplements: Seachem Reef Builder, Seachem Calcium, Seachem Magnesium, Seachem Kalkwassar, Seachem Iodine

• SRC Supporter

For scaping of rocks and gluing large pcs of corals to rock, this is my preferred underwater epoxy and cheaper too :P . Unlike some underwater epoxy which loss the stickiness once it touches water, this epoxy still maintain the stickiness making it easy to bond the coral under water and most importantly reef safe :) .

1466120_852662121411761_5767117343324060

• SRC Supporter

Hi, can share your setting for hydra52? Thanks.

Actually i share this before in another thread ; , which is for user like me to share with one and other to try and see which is the best setting. I make some little adjustment up two week ago, and this is my current setting.

White : 65 %

Blue : 85 %

RB: 85%

DB : 85 %

Red: 30 %

Green : 30%

Violet : 30 %

UV : 25 %

Ramp time 4 hour

• SRC Member

Actually i share this before in another thread ; , which is for user like me to share with one and other to try and see which is the best setting. I make some little adjustment up two week ago, and this is my current setting.

White : 65 %

Blue : 85 %

RB: 85%

DB : 85 %

Red: 30 %

Green : 30%

Violet : 30 %

UV : 25 %

Ramp time 4 hour

Hi HM,

Thanks for the info. This is very useful. Can you also show how many hours you run? E.g. 2 hours ramp up, x hour peak, 2 hours ramp down?

• SRC Supporter

Hi HM,

Thanks for the info. This is very useful. Can you also show how many hours you run? E.g. 2 hours ramp up, x hour peak, 2 hours ramp down?

The above setting is from the auto setting of the AI Controller. i decided not to rely on the AI director as control anymore since it is " Cloud base " , any failure in the internet connection would also mean your light will be kept forever on. If you would like to have more detail setting, i would recommend you to use the AI director which can does all the function you mention .

• SRC Member

For scaping of rocks and gluing large pcs of corals to rock, this is my preferred underwater epoxy and cheaper too :P . Unlike some underwater epoxy which loss the stickiness once it touches water, this epoxy still maintain the stickiness making it easy to bond the coral under water and most importantly reef safe :) .

Bro,

Where to get this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bro, Where to get this? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Keen to know too.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

is it better than epo putty by alteco.think alteco should be cheaper...since their head office for south east asia region is in singapore. no?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2

• SRC Supporter

is it better than epo putty by alteco.think alteco should be cheaper...since their head office for south east asia region is in singapore. no?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2

Didnt try alteco before so i couldnt comment on this.

• SRC Member

Hi bro.

I got the same one but the price is higher....

Can you tell me the shop you got it?

Thanks.

Tank : 3 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup end Feb 2014 ) --> 4 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup early Nov 2016 )
Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC6 --> Bubble Magus Curve 7
Return pump : Jebao 10000l/h ( down in 17th December 2014 ) --> Jebao DC-12000 ( 19th December 2014 )
Compressor drop-in coil
Wavemaker : Tunze 6105 x 1
Lights : Modular based DIY LED light x 4

Chaeto in the sump

• SRC Member
For scaping of rocks and gluing large pcs of corals to rock, this is my preferred underwater epoxy and cheaper too :P . Unlike some underwater epoxy which loss the stickiness once it touches water, this epoxy still maintain the stickiness making it easy to bond the coral under water and most importantly reef safe :) . 1466120_852662121411761_5767117343324060
Hi bro, I tried this epoxy today. after kneading and put a lump between the rocks but won't bond. I also tried underwater but can't bond also. May I ask how do you get the epoxy to bond ricks?

Hi bro, I tried this epoxy today. after kneading and put a lump between the rocks but won't bond. I also tried underwater but can't bond also. May I ask how do you get the epoxy to bond ricks?

Actually no special trick, I just peel some of it off and mix it with my finger for about 5 min before use. Maybe you can try mixing it longer and see.