1000 Gallon 3D Hole in the wall

Harlequinmania

• SRC Supporter

I always had problem with bringing up the color for the purple sps in my tank, amd i suspect it was due to the low potassium level .

Finally decided to invest a salifest potassium test kit, and bring up the level to 400 and indeed beginning to see some postive result.

4ea2af5cbab590ba1de72ba211740ddd.jpg

9593521182da352cd566991e91d9c4eb.jpg

161d642365071a64d58349f45400db4e.jpg

ed85c173b8f5d3431f63da1c194f3cc1.jpg

3706eeaf5b902ce21306cce319c3bcda.jpg

• SRC Member

Thank you for sharing with us on the importance of potassium! How long did you hold your potassium at 400 before you saw results?

Angel Keeper

/index.php?/topic/128217-Angel-Keeper%27s-5-Feet-Mixed-Reef-Tank">http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/128217-Angel-Keeper's-5-Feet-Mixed-Reef-Tank

Potassium r vey important to coloration of sps. My red monti start to hv burnt surfaces and green monti started to lose color before it healed after a few wks after dosing of potassium to 400ppm. Potassium also helped in coloration in red/pink sps beside some purple sps.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

New knowledge

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

Thanks for sharing this. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
New knowledge
No problem, bros. Juz sharing this based on my experience. My potassium levels once hit 300ppm before and some of my sps mainly monti started to lose color ( I suspect plating monti consumes more potassium compared to other sps maybe due to their larger surface area of tissue growth ). So depletion of k will definitely cause stress on sps corals. Color only came bk after potassium levels was normalize.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Supporter

Thank you for sharing with us on the importance of potassium! How long did you hold your potassium at 400 before you saw results?

Angel Keeper

Actually just one week after I bring the level up without any changes to light setting or other parameters.

Hey bro! Thanks for sharing. Im having the same issue as well with my purple stylo. Looks exactly like urs at the moment. My potassium is at 410. But no change sadly. Not sure if i should bump it up higher.

Let me know your results!

I Love Stagsss

• SRC Member

Wow! Just saw this thread! Truly inspirational stuff!!! Thank you very much for sharing!

Also, I noticed from page 11 onwards, a LOT of pictures are broken.

White Reef

White Reef pt. 2

• SRC Supporter

Wow! Just saw this thread! Truly inspirational stuff!!! Thank you very much for sharing!

Also, I noticed from page 11 onwards, a LOT of pictures are broken.

Ya i just notice this as well. Must be the facebook picture link which cause the issue. Have to slowly fix it one by one now. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Supporter

New gadets bought recently.

Apex AWM for controlling all the AI and the WXM for controlling the vortex wave maker. Pretty cool to enable the wave maker to switch from tidal mode to nutrient export mode automatically.

2272fd2e33de14bac8cdbecc1bf1a62a.jpg

6f1bcf7fbf6a0099432ff7758f66bcc7.jpg

• SRC Member

How is the main tank looks?

Tank : 3 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup end Feb 2014 ) --> 4 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup early Nov 2016 )
Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC6 --> Bubble Magus Curve 7
Return pump : Jebao 10000l/h ( down in 17th December 2014 ) --> Jebao DC-12000 ( 19th December 2014 )
Compressor drop-in coil
Wavemaker : Tunze 6105 x 1
Lights : Modular based DIY LED light x 4

Chaeto in the sump

• SRC Supporter

How does the AWM compare to the AI director? How's the interface & level of control?

The AWM can only control up to 12 unit of AI lighting whereas for the AI director, it can control up to 30 light and up to 10 tank with a single controller. After having try both controller, I would say that the director is so much easier to use / update the firm ware, and setup. Whereas for the AWM , it took me nearly two day to figure out on the setting up . I almost give up on this, and hopefully apex could improve their online instruction manual that would be much clearer in explaining the setting up.