1000 Gallon 3D Hole in the wall

Harlequinmania

• SRC Supporter

The weekly test kit which i am using which I only test for ca, KH, mg , N03 and phosphate.

gallery_1182_400_45172.jpg

Another observation after using Nulagi for a few week, without adding any additional coral the weekly uptake of ca,mg and KH actually increase but i see better PE on my SPS which i feel is due to the coral growing faster with the improved water quality.

• SRC Supporter

A few more lousy pics taken with my china phone to end the update for today. Didnt add much new corals yet, while waiting for the exciting stuff... Heehee..

gallery_1182_400_131294.jpg

Part of the Bonsai SPS tree .

gallery_1182_400_88118.jpg

• SRC Member

Just to share that we can actually enhance the nutrition value of normal pallet food using vit C or maybe even mixing with fish medicine to become food for disease treatment.

Simply mix the crystalline Vit c powder to dry pallet food and give it a " Good shake " !!

Posted Image

Mixing into the pallet food

Posted Image

After giving it a good shake , you can actually see that the Vit C powder has been absorb into the pallets. 

Posted Image

Thanks for sharing bro, can share where to get this vit c powder?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Tank Size: 3.5 ft x 2 ft x 2 ft
Sump: 3ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft”
Return Pump: Eheim 1264
Chiller Pump: H2Ocean Flow Pump 3000
Skimmer: Vertex Alpha 200
Wavemakers: 2 X Maxspect Gyre 130; 1 x Ecotech VorTech MP10WES, 1 x Ecotech VorTech MP40WES, 1x Jebao RW15
Filtration: Schuran Multifilter 100 (Rowa Phos), Two Little Fishies Phosban 150 Fluidised Reactor (Vertex Rox 0.8 Carbon), Enductor Fluidized Reactor- FR45 (NP Biopellets & All In One Biopellets) with Eden 140 Pump, Santa Monica Hogx1 Algae Turf Scrubber, Cheato
Calcium Reactor: Skimz CM152 with needle valve and Maxijet 600 feed Pump (CaribSea ARM Extra Coarse ,KZ Coral Gravel, Two Little Fishies Reborn, Grotech Magnesium Pro)
Dosing: Bubble Magnus Dosing Pump BM-T01 + 2 x 4 Head Expansion Accessory BM-T02
Bio Media: Marine Pure, Bacteria King, Eheim Substrat Pro, Eheim Substrat, Seachem DeNitrate, PowerHouse Hard, Polyplab Biosphere, Seachem Purigen

Chiller: JBJ Arctica Titanium Aquarium Chiller (1/3 Hp - DBE-150)
Lighting: ATI Powermodule 6 x 39 Watt T5. Solite 4 x 39 Watt T5 (Only 2 used) (Blue+ Blue+ Coral+ Purple+ Coral+ AB Special) (Blue+ Purple+)
Auto Top Up system: Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 Auto Top Off
Monitoring: 2 x Milwaukee MC 122 PH Controller (Calcium Reactor & PH Monitoring)

Substrate: CaribSea Aragamax Select

• SRC Member

Just to share that we can actually enhance the nutrition value of normal pallet food using vit C or maybe even mixing with fish medicine to become food for disease treatment.

Simply mix the crystalline Vit c powder to dry pallet food and give it a " Good shake " !!

Posted Image

Mixing into the pallet food

Posted Image

After giving it a good shake , you can actually see that the Vit C powder has been absorb into the pallets. 

Posted Image

Thanks for sharing bro, can share where to get this vit c powder?

Thanks!

Wavemakers: 2 X Maxspect Gyre 130; 1 x Ecotech VorTech MP10WES, 1 x Ecotech VorTech MP40WES, 1x Jebao RW15
Filtration: Schuran Multifilter 100 (Rowa Phos), Two Little Fishies Phosban 150 Fluidised Reactor (Vertex Rox 0.8 Carbon), Enductor Fluidized Reactor- FR45 (NP Biopellets & All In One Biopellets) with Eden 140 Pump, Santa Monica Hogx1 Algae Turf Scrubber, Cheato
Calcium Reactor: Skimz CM152 with needle valve and Maxijet 600 feed Pump (CaribSea ARM Extra Coarse ,KZ Coral Gravel, Two Little Fishies Reborn, Grotech Magnesium Pro)
Dosing: Bubble Magnus Dosing Pump BM-T01 + 2 x 4 Head Expansion Accessory BM-T02
Bio Media: Marine Pure, Bacteria King, Eheim Substrat Pro, Eheim Substrat, Seachem DeNitrate, PowerHouse Hard, Polyplab Biosphere, Seachem Purigen

Lighting: ATI Powermodule 6 x 39 Watt T5. Solite 4 x 39 Watt T5 (Only 2 used) (Blue+ Blue+ Coral+ Purple+ Coral+ AB Special) (Blue+ Purple+)
Monitoring: 2 x Milwaukee MC 122 PH Controller (Calcium Reactor & PH Monitoring)

• SRC Supporter

Just finish setting up the AI Director today, and was really impress how the technology in the aquarium trade has evolve today with the use of internet. I could still remember it was only like 2 year ago that my first controllable LED at that time was the latest technology in the market .

Basically, the AI director came only with a power cord, and a wireless adaptor.

gallery_1182_400_12886.jpg

Below is some of the screen shot of the director setup page when you login to the personal myaquaillution page.

Straight away when i login, it will prompt you to update the firmware for your director or your light wirelessly .

10494583_819135604764413_203353084999247

The setting up page for the different light setting throughout the day. With the AI Director, if you have different model of AI lighting like me, you will be able to set up different setting for each model of AI which the normal controller is unable to do so.

gallery_1182_400_27798.jpg

gallery_1182_400_10256.jpg

gallery_1182_400_5649.jpg

The weather effect setting page for lighting, cloud and Lunar which you can draw data of the local weather from the internet.

gallery_1182_400_15382.jpg

• SRC Supporter

It take some try and error to catch the ideal setting especially for the tank espeically for SPS corals, as if you are not careful enough you might bleach the corals. After a few try and research on the internet which i got some data from, I adjust it to my tank height and coral placement. Never under estimated the power and intensity of LEDs nowsaday, as it can easily beat MH .

White : 65 %

Blue : 80 %

RB: 80%

DB : 80 %

Red: 30 %

Green : 30%

Violet : 30 %

UV : 20 %

Light is abut 18" above water level, and tank height is 18" . Ramp time 4 hour ( 11.30 - 3.30 pm )

We really have to be careful with the White, violet and UV setting not to ramp it too high as it can easily bleach your coral. I also discover that if the Red and Green setting was set too high, there is a problem with algae growth on the rock.

It take some try and error to catch the ideal setting especially for the tank espeically for SPS corals, as if you are not careful enough you might bleach the corals. After a few try and research on the internet which i got some data from, I adjust it to my tank height and coral placement.  Never under estimated the power and intensity of LEDs nowsaday, as it can easily beat MH .

White : 65 %

Blue : 80 %

RB: 80%

DB : 80 %

Red: 30 %

Green : 30%

Violet : 30 %

UV : 20 % 

Light is abut 18" above water level, and tank height is 18" . Ramp time 4 hour ( 11.30 - 3.30 pm )

We really have to be careful with the White, violet and UV setting not to ramp it too high as it can easily bleach your coral. I also discover that if the Red and Green setting was set too high, there is a problem with algae growth on the rock. 

Was just impressed as u . There is update to the director

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

• SRC Member

Super techie stuff.......thumps up on the led intensity

Cheers,

James

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

• SRC Supporter

Guess what, it was raining yesterday afternoon and due to the regional setting that draw the local weather on the internet, my tank was having a thunder storm as well of course without the rain water but the thunder and cloud effect look really cool .

• SRC Member

Guess what, it was running yesterday afternoon and due to the regional setting that draw the local weather on the internet, my tank was having a thunder storm as well of course without the rain water but the thunder and cloud effect .

That's cool! To draw from the regional weather, radion/ESL doesn't have that I think.