1000 Gallon 3D Hole in the wall

Harlequinmania

• SRC Member

Yap, and I can see my fishes quickly hiding away for shelter when thunder strike lol.

The cloud mode also encourage some shy fishes to come out more often..

Wow! I should try it out with my radion then! Make certain timing 100% chance of thunderstorm/cloudy so I can camp there and see! :)

Curious, do the corals retract their polyps during the thunderstorm?

Tank Size: 3.5 ft x 2 ft x 2 ft
Sump: 3ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft”
Return Pump: Eheim 1264
Chiller Pump: H2Ocean Flow Pump 3000
Skimmer: Vertex Alpha 200
Wavemakers: 2 X Maxspect Gyre 130; 1 x Ecotech VorTech MP10WES, 1 x Ecotech VorTech MP40WES, 1x Jebao RW15
Filtration: Schuran Multifilter 100 (Rowa Phos), Two Little Fishies Phosban 150 Fluidised Reactor (Vertex Rox 0.8 Carbon), Enductor Fluidized Reactor- FR45 (NP Biopellets & All In One Biopellets) with Eden 140 Pump, Santa Monica Hogx1 Algae Turf Scrubber, Cheato
Calcium Reactor: Skimz CM152 with needle valve and Maxijet 600 feed Pump (CaribSea ARM Extra Coarse ,KZ Coral Gravel, Two Little Fishies Reborn, Grotech Magnesium Pro)
Dosing: Bubble Magnus Dosing Pump BM-T01 + 2 x 4 Head Expansion Accessory BM-T02
Bio Media: Marine Pure, Bacteria King, Eheim Substrat Pro, Eheim Substrat, Seachem DeNitrate, PowerHouse Hard, Polyplab Biosphere, Seachem Purigen

Chiller: JBJ Arctica Titanium Aquarium Chiller (1/3 Hp - DBE-150)
Lighting: ATI Powermodule 6 x 39 Watt T5. Solite 4 x 39 Watt T5 (Only 2 used) (Blue+ Blue+ Coral+ Purple+ Coral+ AB Special) (Blue+ Purple+)
Auto Top Up system: Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 Auto Top Off
Monitoring: 2 x Milwaukee MC 122 PH Controller (Calcium Reactor & PH Monitoring)

Substrate: CaribSea Aragamax Select

• SRC Member

Yap, and I can see my fishes quickly hiding away for shelter when thunder strike lol.

The cloud mode also encourage some shy fishes to come out more often..

Wow! I should try it out with my radion then! Make certain timing 100% chance of thunderstorm/cloudy so I can camp there and see! :)

Wavemakers: 2 X Maxspect Gyre 130; 1 x Ecotech VorTech MP10WES, 1 x Ecotech VorTech MP40WES, 1x Jebao RW15
Filtration: Schuran Multifilter 100 (Rowa Phos), Two Little Fishies Phosban 150 Fluidised Reactor (Vertex Rox 0.8 Carbon), Enductor Fluidized Reactor- FR45 (NP Biopellets & All In One Biopellets) with Eden 140 Pump, Santa Monica Hogx1 Algae Turf Scrubber, Cheato
Calcium Reactor: Skimz CM152 with needle valve and Maxijet 600 feed Pump (CaribSea ARM Extra Coarse ,KZ Coral Gravel, Two Little Fishies Reborn, Grotech Magnesium Pro)
Dosing: Bubble Magnus Dosing Pump BM-T01 + 2 x 4 Head Expansion Accessory BM-T02
Bio Media: Marine Pure, Bacteria King, Eheim Substrat Pro, Eheim Substrat, Seachem DeNitrate, PowerHouse Hard, Polyplab Biosphere, Seachem Purigen

Lighting: ATI Powermodule 6 x 39 Watt T5. Solite 4 x 39 Watt T5 (Only 2 used) (Blue+ Blue+ Coral+ Purple+ Coral+ AB Special) (Blue+ Purple+)
Monitoring: 2 x Milwaukee MC 122 PH Controller (Calcium Reactor & PH Monitoring)

Bro! U should add rain bars!!!!!! Simulate rain as well! ahahahha. use a return pump and attach rain bars to the top. Hehehehe

I Love Stagsss

• SRC Supporter

i have not really seen any reaction from the corals.. perhaps the clouds were too fast for them to react.. However the clams do react quite abit esp to the thunder storm.

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

Two week after using the all in one bio pallet, I notice darker and more skimate produce without any significant increase in live stock and feeding since all my feeding is using auto feeder.

Posted Image

Posted Image

i have not really seen any reaction from the corals.. perhaps the clouds were too fast for them to react.. However the clams do react quite abit esp to the thunder storm.

Someone told me that the cloud mode also help to prevent the LEDs from bleaching the coral as well, wonder how true it is LOL..

• SRC Supporter
Someone told me that the cloud mode also help to prevent the LEDs from bleaching the coral as well, wonder how true it is LOL..
It happened to me. I set mine on cloud and i notice that the coloration of my corals got stronger.

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

But wat to do with the tank tt build within the wall if u feel like decom in thr future?

That will give me the reason why i must continue to keep and maintain this tank for years to come. Anyway, if it really happen, you can just ask someone to patch up the wall back.

Bro,using all in one bio pellet still need rowa?

Rowas was use before i started using the All in one bio pallet. I think my one month old rowa has already been exhausted in the tank, and will be removing it soon.

• SRC Member

Rowas was use before i started using the All in one bio pallet. I think my one month old rowa has already been exhausted in the tank, and will be removing it soon.

Bro, u still using the Fauna Marin ultraphos as well?

Were you using normal bio pellets and u add in the all in one or start new with all in one?

• SRC Member

I just went for a Dive into my tank today.. Check out my first video below ;

http://youtu.be/vKIcB-1M4n8

Very nice!! Can't wait for the day where you open your house up for viewing! :P

Wow nice. What cam u using

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

Bro, u still using the Fauna Marin ultraphos as well?

Were you using normal bio pellets and u add in the all in one or start new with all in one?

I am mixing the normal bio pallet with the all in one which is what the manufacturer recommended for best effect .i Stop the ultraphos month ago as I find it exhaust pretty quick and switch back to Rowa after.

• SRC Member

I am mixing the normal bio pallet with the all in one which is what the manufacturer recommended for best effect .i Stop the ultraphos month ago as I find it exhaust pretty quick and switch back to Rowa after.

Thanks for the info bro. :)

• SRC Member

Thanks for the info bro. :)