1000 Gallon 3D Hole in the wall

Harlequinmania

am amazed the queen does not touch any of your corals!

Although there are many information on the internet that caution of queen angelfish against corals, but personal experience with this fish show it is pretty well behavior when it is well feed. But some time it depend on luck as well on the fish we get.

Do u have any clam or zoa in the tank ? Last time my queen only feed on clam & zoa but never touch others soft coral, LPS & SPS ... off cause they like all types of sponges so much ... :P

Yes I have one clam and some zoas inside the main tank as well, so far it doesn't touch them.

Do u have any clam or zoa in the tank ? Last time my queen only feed on clam & zoa but never touch others soft coral, LPS & SPS ... off cause they like all types of sponges so much ... :P

Yes I have one clam and some zoas inside the main tank as well, so far it doesn't touch them.

Doing my water change last weekend, and luckily with some advance planing during the build it can be done within minutes.

The storage / mixing tank for water change ( 6 ft x 3 ft x 4ft )

gallery_1182_400_23661.jpg

Throwing in the salt into the water and mixing it up with a pump.

gallery_1182_400_732.jpg

The connection piping for pumping the new water into the main tank inside the fish room.

gallery_1182_400_14609.jpg

During the water change, i will open both the valve( Top & Bottom) for water to drain out from the main tank using gravity flow and out to the drainage below. The bottom valve is not shown on the photo.

gallery_1182_400_38885.jpg

The check valve will help to prevent backflow when i pump the water from the mxing tank .

gallery_1182_400_46201.jpg

The drainage below

The water is kept cold mainly via the mitsubishi 1HP aircon running in the room during the day time, together with the compressor drop in coil as the backup . The Aircon is able to keep the water cool between 26-27 degree, which if reached too high the backup compressor will take over.

gallery_1182_400_40116.jpg

Reason for being a little bit of " Kiasu" is because i had heard too much story of chiller break down or aircon down. Having both will serve as a backup just in case one fail, the other one can took over immediately. The aircon in the room is set on timer to run from 8am - 11 pm during the day , while my ventilation fan on timer will kick on at 12pm till 7am to keep the room ventilated. Base on the data obtain from my apex, the drop in chiller only run twice during the night which is pretty comfortable.

It has been the second week after removing my P04 remover from my system , and the nutrient removal process is now depending only on my two refugium tank together with Bio pallets mixed with the all in one pallets. I did my second week of test and the result has been satisfactory :)

Po4 - 0.012 ppm( Drop from 0.020 from last week )

Nitrate - 0.2 ppm ( Drop from 0.5 ppm from last week )

Mg - 1410 ppm

Ca - 400 ppm

KH - 7 dKH

SG - 1.025

Temp - 26 - 27 degree

PH - 8.23 - 8.38

I still get a thick and dark skimmate from the skimmer.

gallery_1182_400_25732.jpg

I think maybe i have to increase the feeding alittle bit more now as too low the nutrient is not too good as well. Next , I am planing to rise up the salinity of the water this week to 1.026 to see the effect on the corals .

You keeping your KH at 7?

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

Wow so low

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

Sweet.man

How s zoom in resolution ?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

There is an option to switch to HD mode if operating on high speed internet so it is still ok .

Awesome project and setup! :thumbsup::score:

Would love to see your setup!

Should setup a few (tilt shift) IP video cams for different angles to enjoy even at work! :cheers:

Seems like Profilux system lacks the online weather streaming. AI new system is simple and cool. Hopefully AI's new Wavemaker will integrate the weather emulating Thunderstorm even. Waiting for it to launch. If you can integrate sound (eg. thunder and etc) and rainfall (eg. with spray tubes) that will be even awesome.

• 4 weeks later...