AIPTASIA COPPERBAND OR PEPPERMINT SHRIMP Reef Safe??

• SRC Member

Hi Guys i Know its a Hit or miss on the copperband They might eat corals Having some aiptasia targeting my zoa garden always just lost My..Darth Maul Cause of that stupid aiptasia....How bout shrimp? How much normally?..I Only Have about 9 that are visible..trying red sea aiptasia x but it seems not to be working..works for awhile then it grows back....Need advice guys thanks in Advance!...Happy Early CNY SRC!!

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

Bro copperband usually will die after finish aiptasia as there are no other food source unless you train it to eat.

While peppermint shrimp is a hit and run which i have witness it eating the flesh of a healthy LPS.

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• SRC Member

You can try using Joe's Juice. I had aiptasia problem in the past. Then I bought a bot of Joe's Juice from Aquamarin. I squirt the stuff into the mouth of each & every aiptasia in my nano-tank. All died instantly. Very effective. No more aiptasia. Costs $19.00. This is definitely a sure-fire way to kill aiptasia. Much better than relying on copperband butterfly fish or peppermint shrimp. Also reef-safe.

I've encounter aiptasia inside my 100l tank and after introduce 2 peppermint shrimps, aiptasia numbers significantly reduce within a few days. These shrimps must be hungry and work hard for foods.

• SRC Member

You can try using Joe's Juice. I had aiptasia problem in the past. Then I bought a bot of Joe's Juice from Aquamarin. I squirt the stuff into the mouth of each & every aiptasia in my nano-tank. All died instantly. Very effective. No more aiptasia. Costs $19.00. This is definitely a sure-fire way to kill aiptasia. Much better than relying on copperband butterfly fish or peppermint shrimp. Also reef-safe.

Ok I Will Try That..Im Using Redsea Aiptasia X Is Not working at all..Thnx Bro!

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

I've encounter aiptasia inside my 100l tank and after introduce 2 peppermint shrimps, aiptasia numbers significantly reduce within a few days. These shrimps must be hungry and work hard for foods.

Thanks Bro for the suggestion much appreciated! :)

• SRC Member

Can try filefish seagrass.

Hmm Any Lfs biasa bring in?..Reef Safe?..

• SRC Member

Bro copperband usually will die after finish aiptasia as there are no other food source unless you train it to eat.

While peppermint shrimp is a hit and run which i have witness it eating the flesh of a healthy LPS.

Damn..Im Scared of that..argh!..il try to qt a copperband..ah but still not 100%reef safe...bro you know any LFS Got berghia nudibranch? Heard it was good my friend bought from LCK Bout 4 Years Back Now Alwyas no stock..Peppermint is no then..super scared of my acans etc being eaten..

• SRC Member

Damn..Im Scared of that..argh!..il try to qt a copperband..ah but still not 100%reef safe...bro you know any LFS Got  berghia nudibranch? Heard it was good my friend bought from LCK Bout 4 Years Back Now Alwyas no stock..Peppermint is no then..super scared of my acans etc being eaten..

To be very frank to you, from my experience nothing works other then restarting. That's one of the main reason I decom and bleach all my rocks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• SRC Member

To be very frank to you, from my experience nothing works other then restarting. That's one of the main reason I decom and bleach all my rocks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

oh ok bro thanks for your help! i will try other ways..but i will never let aiptasia control mee hehe

• 4 months later...
  • SRC Member

i am having aiptasia issue also. Wondering what can i do beside restarting my tank hahaha..

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

I tried something new today. Not sure if it will work. Had a small apitasia that just popped out of no where at the root of my true fiber optic colony. I took a small amount of epoxy and superglued it over the aiptasia. I hope that will do the trick.

I Love Stagsss

copperband is still the best aiptasia eater if u able to keep it survive ... they not easy to take food so need put in QT for frozen food training b4 go into DT ...

peppermint shrimp just depends on luck ... sumore your 6 footer atleast need more than 10 of them but no guarantee too ...

seagrass filefish not reefsafe & also depends on luck too ...

there is no any fish can fully kill all aiptasia in your tank they just eat those visible only but if the fish died than aiptasia will grow back so they are just control not cure ... same as manually kill them with Joe's Juice its the best product to use can even kill majeno easily but u only kill those visible & those under or inside LR area u can not see or hand can not reach will grow back later ...

• SRC Member

there is a very cheap and easy way to kill aips.

I inject them using an insulin syringe at the stem with concentrated lemon juice. guaranteed to see them dissolve before your eyes and not much is required