Need advice on good skimmer

jket88

I have a 2 feet tank, filtration system is overflow, I have 3 small blue tangs, 1 clean shrimp and 2 true percular clown with 7kg live rock and Hawaii black live sand. I understand my tank are overload with fishes, I facing problem like nitrate too high, that why brown algae keep growing. I have a skimz BR80 bio reactor to assist me to reduce the NO3 in my tank. I also reduce the light duration to 6 hrs. I do water change every 3 to 4 days to reduce nitrate. I wish to have some advice on powerful skimmer that can do me a good job in keeping my NO3 low. I also add Continnum aquatics coraline purple.Cx to accelerator for coraline algae grown. Please advice which skimmer I should purchase and where to purchase. Thanks for advise.

Btw, My tank can hold up to 16 gallon of water, I have bio homes , and ceramic in my filtration system, any advices on external hang on skimmer? I m thinking of getting Reef octopus BH 90 or BH 1000, any others good advice? Fishes waste in my tank keep increasing.

You can check with iwarna on reef octopus skimmer. If your budget allow go for deltec hangon skimmer instead for a better skimmer. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Thank you for your suggestion, I check with irwana today at about 5pm, they don't have this 2 model, any other where else I can get? If go for deltec,which external skimmer you suggest? Please advise. Thanks.

Deltec mce300, 400 and 600. Reef octopus is good but a bit bulky to me. U can also check on bubble magus hang on skimmer. If u are on budget, redsea Prizm is working well. Another brand is skimz. Hope this help.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

Deltec mce300, 400 and 600. Reef octopus is good but a bit bulky to me. U can also check on bubble magus hang on skimmer. If u are on budget, redsea Prizm is working well. Another brand is skimz. Hope this help.
Many thanks for your help, but I heard reef octopus is good for protein skimmer, BH90 and BH1000 is it too big or bulky for my 2 feet tank? Roughly how much is mce300?

If you're running a 2ft tank with no sump, space in aquarium very precious!

Would advice on a skimmer that has the pump externally..

So that you can keep more things on the tank.

Just my opinion hope it helps :)

I'm just learning too

If you're running a 2ft tank with no sump, space in aquarium very precious! Would advice on a skimmer that has the pump externally.. So that you can keep more things on the tank. Just my opinion hope it helps :) I'm just learning too
Yup. I agree. That y I m looking for external skimmer or hang on type. Is there external type which can put thd floor? Cos I m thinking for deltec mc600.But it maybe too big to hang it behind my 2 feet tank.

bro, just came across this

hope it helps

Yup. Thanks for the helpful link. I intend to create a fitration system like put a spong below the outlet of the skimmer to act as another fitration for my tank. Someone is also offering me reef octopus otp1000 skimmer. I would like to buy it to spare in case I wan to set up another tank. How is this otp 1000? Any advice?

Aquareef- good skimmer and effective. We bought RO/DI unit yesterday . And try to make some water using tap for my next top up of tank water. And I also bought the TFS meter to test the reading for the RO/DI unit, the read was zero compared to tape water reading. (118ppm)